Action Thread 3

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 3

#61 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett silently releases the deep breath he'd been holding, then whispers: Lets get out of this courtyard
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#62 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:You hear a murmured "nothing" and some laughing as the voices move away
After waiting a moment to make sure it's safe, Elwita resumes movement while still being careful to avoid making noise. "I dropped my crossbow over there" she says, pointing off in the direction it fell. "While I recover it, let's quickly search through this pile of debris here."

As she begins walking off to recover her crossbow, she states: "This courtyard is not safe. Let's get out of it post-haste."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern resists the urge to faint. Orcs, he whispers, Gods be praised brainpower is not their strength. He opens the shutter to his lantern ever so slightly to allow his companions to find their way back to the group.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by Alethan »

Freda aids in the searching through the debris.

"What was that creature you were fighting with , El? And are you ok?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"What was that creature you were fighting with , El? And are you ok?"
Elwita, again with crossbow, considers what she just did battle with. "Evil. It was unlike anything I've seen before." She begins walking towards the corpse of the dead creature.
debris mound.gif
debris mound.gif (51.55 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
"This blasted thing nearly took the life from me. Bodgett, too." To Blodgett: "You good?"

"Let us find what we can. Quickly. I want us out of the courtyard."

Elwita doesn't partake in the search of the debris pile. Still a bit shaken, she begins making her way back to the already cleared out basilisks den to contemplate the next course of action.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 2:51am

Quiet settles back over the party. The debris is about 3' or so high of piles busted up stone and wood. It's all easily shiftable.

Anyone besides Freda checking out the debris pile?

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (24 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#67 Post by ToniXX »

dmw71 wrote: To Blodgett: "You good?"
I've been better. That damn beast sucked some of my life force with its cold touch

I don't know how to say, in character, that Blodgett lost a level of experience!

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#68 Post by acererak »

Ogre advances towards the debris pile with Freda with his blade ready. He angrily grumbles to himself. He's had enough of people getting turned to stone or getting their life force sucked or whatever else can happen in this accursed place.
Last edited by acererak on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote: I don't know how to say, in character, that Blodgett lost a level of experience!
"I feel... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread."

One of my favorite lines from the movie...

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#70 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:"I feel... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread."

Yeah, that's good! What movie is that from?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by rredmond »

Heh, I had the same exact question.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote:
Alethan wrote:"I feel... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread."

Yeah, that's good! What movie is that from?
The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring <-- Search on the word "butter"
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 3:01am

Overseen and aided by Ogre, Freda checks through the pile of broken stone and charred wood. Everyone else keeps a lookout for any return of the guards. Besides having to choke down the smell, especially after seeing bits of humanoid, and smears of blood throughout this rocky nest, and having found shredded garments and ruined items, she finds a bunch of electrum pieces (more than 800 or 900) and probably twice as many copper pieces strewn throughout. But she does find a black shield, on top of which (nicely folded) is two supple leather gloves. Both the shield and the gloves look as if brand new.

No sound or sight of anyone on the roof, or in the courtyard appears.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (14 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by Alethan »

Freda points out the electrum coins to the others.

"Might be worth coming back here for all of that, if we make it out alive..."

She picks up the gloves and the shield.

"Anyone want to try out a shield?"

She looks down at her hands and says, "Well... maybe a new pair of gloves is what I need?" She takes off her old gloves and tries the new ones on.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess adds, "I use a shield, but other do as well. Perhaps another could put it to better use. But, I would gladly carry it." She inspects it carefully.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Anyone want to try out a shield?"
Elwita can be heard responding "Not I" as she continues to make her way back towards the basilisks lair.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by dmw71 »

Elwita, still somewhat dazed from the latest encounter, nears the end of her retreat back to the basilisks lair... only to be greeted with a solid wall. "Damnit," she curses to herself, forgetting that the party scaled the wall from the lair to enter the courtyard in the first place.

She turns to the rest of the party and witnesses them still searching through and examining the loot recovered. "Freda, keep the gloves. Eljayess, if you can use the shield, let it be yours. No sense in lugging around all the weight from all those coins, so we'll just remember where they are. Let's just get out of this blasted courtyard already." She turns to the wall again, then back to the party. "Everyone, back over the wall the same way as last time. Blogett, you're first. Are you up for it?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by Alethan »

Freda nods and puts on the gloves.

(... if I didn't already indicate that.)

Then she follows Elwita to the wall where they entered the courtyard and makes ready to leave by that method, as well.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#79 Post by ToniXX »

dmw71 wrote:Blogett, you're first. Are you up for it?"
Blodgett steps up and says yes, give me a rope and a boost. We can use the rope to pull the last one over.
** EDIT ** Blodgett will carefully get to the top of the wall, and once there, will scan the other side, making sure it looks clear, before jumping down. Only if it is clear will he jump down to the other side, and if it's not, he'll either motion to his friends or simply drop back down on the courtyard side of the wall.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern follows along, keeping the light where it's most needed, but looking warily over his shoulder, hoping any other Orc guards will not notice the glare.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”