Action Thread 3

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 3

#41 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 2:32am

The rest of the party waits in the dark for Blodgett and Elwita to return or signal. Phanstern has his lantern hooded.

10 minutes go by, it's quite quiet and very dark.

HPs: Elwita - 40/54; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (41 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
[/quote]
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by Alethan »

Freda cleans under her fingernails using one of her magical arrows (NOT the newly found one).

(It works better than the non-magical arrows heads...)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 2:42am

The rest of the party waits in the dark for Blodgett and Elwita to return or signal. Phanstern has his lantern hooded. You can hear, in the distance, the jangling of the dwarf, but she's doing well being quiet.

Another 10 minutes go by, it's quite quiet and very dark, but PMs are sent.

HPs: Elwita - 40/54; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (31 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 2:44am

You all clearly here Elwita yelling: Run... go get the others!
Then some scuffling and you hear Elwita again: I'll hold this thing off!

HPs: Elwita - 40/54; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (30 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

From the sounds of it, Elwita is already engaged in melee with something, so Freda slips her bow across her back, slides her left arm into her shield's straps and draws her sword.

Then she races off towards the sounds of the voices, silently praying that Elwita stops calling out, as it may attract more attention to them...

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#46 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett meets Freda halfway. The halfling is visibly bothered as he says to Freda There's a terrible beast over there. My sword struck soundly, but but but it seemed to do no harm. The hobbit steps side to side as he speaks, switching from one foot to another, obviously disturbed by what he's experienced. And it hit me so hard that I feel drained of my very life force. Beware, fair friend! I'll alert the others as well. Elwita struck and damaged the creature, and she's holding her own.

He then continues to the others and tells them the same.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern opens the shutter on the lantern. Have a care!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by Alethan »

Freda pulls up short at Blodgett's story and thinks a second...

The creature, whatever it is, must be immune to normal weapons... She looks down at her sharp, but normal long sword and shakes her head.

All she has are her arrows, but she won't be able to get a clean shot off with others engaged...

She shrugs, pulls out her bow and nocks one of her magical arrows. If she gets a chance, she'll take the shot. Otherwise, she'll just cover the others and make sure they aren't surprised by more.

Bow and arrow readied, she continues on to the sounds of battle.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 2:45am

As the party moves forward and Phanstern beams his light to aid them and not give them away. They hear a double thump of battle. They hear a low moan from Elwita. As the narrow spotlight plays across the courtyard, they see Elwita fall to her knees, hammer arm limp, and a black creature tumble away from her into a large (about 4' tall, maybe 6' long) pile of debris, and no longer moving.

From the roof you can all hear orcish voices, the same two from before: You told me there were no punishments today.
Voice #2: Shaddup. Go take a look. Might just be a feeding, then it's nothing to watch. Dont fall over! [laughing]

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (29 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#51 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:From the roof you can all hear orcish voices, the same two from before: You told me there were no punishments today.
Voice #2: Shaddup. Go take a look. Might just be a feeding, then it's nothing to watch. Dont fall over! [laughing]
The sound of orcish voices fuels the adrenaline in Elwita, at least temporarily allowing her to forget the ordeal she just experienced. With the voices in the distance, she reaches for her crossbow -- "Dammit!" she curses, remembering that she dropped it after launching a bolt at that foul beast with it first launched itself at Blodgett.
rredmond wrote:...a large (about 4' tall, maybe 6' long) pile of debris...
"My crossbow and that pile of garbage" she reminds herself.

She weakly rises to her feet, collecting her hammer and, with some effort, slides her arm into the braces of her shield.

Elwita makes no effort to hide. "I've been waiting for you two" she whispers to herself. "Come and get me" she thinks to herself as she anticipates the arrival of her hated enemies.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by tkrexx »

The lantern of Phanstern is quickly re-shuttered. They will be able to see us, and Elwita's in no shape to fight or run. If they raise hue and alarm... He hisses desperately.

How high is the wall the Orcs are on? And how far from the wall is the party?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by rredmond »

See the Map thread for further clarification. But the guards are 35' up, on the top of the temple. You are all between Area #10 and X. The top of the temple that is closest to you is to the east (right hand part of the map) and only 45' away, but the voices are coming from the west. Those walls are about 55' away from you, but also 35' up. Check the map thread too, and let me know if there are any other questions.

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#54 Post by acererak »

Ogre advances to Elwita's position and draws his sword, disregarding the fact that it gives off light. What the hell was that thing?He watches the garbage pile ready to strike whatever it is if it comes again.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by tkrexx »

Can anyone silence these 2? I can only get one of them, using either a spell that would attract more attention or a spell I'd rather use for escape. I don't want to appear cowardish, but we could very well be surrounded in short order!

I could Color Spray the one that looks, or use Paralyzation. No other spell I have has the appropriate range. The former will light up the area, notifying other guards, the latter is better used on multiple foes.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#56 Post by Alethan »

"I could attempt to silence one of them with some well-placed arrows, though... my placement hasn't been that great, as of late. Maybe if everyone with ranged weapons worked together and we surprised them?"

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess approaches as well, quietly, with one hand holding her spear, and one clutching her holy symbol.

"Shh", is all she says

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 2:47am

Everyone stops and after what seems like hours, you see a humanoid body silhouetted by the somewhat-starry sky at the edge of the roof to the west. He obviously isn't too close, so you see just the upper torso and head.

It's head is scanning the courtyard, as if looking for something.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (27 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Everyone stops and after what seems like hours, you see a humanoid body silhouetted by the somewhat-starry sky at the edge of the roof to the west. He obviously isn't too close, so you see just the upper torso and head.

It's head is scanning the courtyard, as if looking for something.
Elwita, feeling her vitality returning, somehow manages to suppress her hatred of orcs, realizing that drawing unnecessary attention to the group now would not be in their best interest. "Those guard patrols above us will be a constant problem until we get out of this courtyard" she thinks to herself. Fearing any movement in her metal armor will serve as the equivalent of sounding an alarm, Elwita forces herself to remain still. Secretly, though, she is more than willing to take out some putrid orcs if the situation calls for it.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 2:50am

Obviously not very keen on his job, the humanoid only spends a minute or so looking, and doesn't see you guys. Not the glowing sword, not infravision, nothing. He quickly pokes his head back. You hear a murmured "nothing" and some laughing as the voices move away, and the second voice starts talking about threats coming from the outside and more laughter.

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (25 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”