The Infirmary of Eruanna

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Infirmary of Eruanna

#101 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

With the help of the other clerics in the Infirmary, Able produces an extra 8 vials of holy water.
96gp deducted.

With the 3 empties in his pack, that's 11 new vials of holy water. And he had 2 vials left over from last time, bringing it to 13 vials. I'll go take up more in other threads.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

enters the Infirmary, lighting a candle and offering a tithe to the ministry poor box. She greets Brother Mylo and the attending sisters (also sticking her tongue out and pulling a face to the templar guard she recognised as once arresting her).

"Confession is good for the soul, is it not Brother Mylo,
though I suspect others would prefer to hear my penitences. It seems this rabid lupine demon still haunts the countryside and once more Eruanna and her agents shoulder the blame. It quests in vain for some bauble relic. I would hope to make restitution in accounting for the blood shed through its' diabolical anger.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Marullus »

"I am always glad for your confessions, lost daughter," says Mylo in a kindly voice, given their past history. "There are many deaths but from nearer at hand. The wolfwere creature you speak of threatened the witches to no avail, then slaughtered a troop of Knights of Baudhil, to the east. If you seek it, or to make amends for it's deeds, I suspect you should go to the festival and inquire there."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Stirling »

Foxy

"Thank you for your advice and ongoing mercies,
Brother Mylo. I shall joust at the festival in good hope of favour.

I shall not seek out this were-creature though. While it roams, it leaves its' foul lair unattended. It spoke to me of dark things, eldritch stirrings of ancient gods. It is a creature under authority and must be about his task. As I am too. The Duke rallies to grant a bastion on the steppes. After the tourney I shall journey westwards again."

Foxy takes a place in the evening vespers before leaving.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Spearmint »

Idriss

"I bring sad news brother Mylo. My friend and aide Brother Dolph sadly met his demise and entered into the glories of Eruanna's embrace whilst we were in the demon hole. He was a brave man and I will testify to this at the public confessions. Gaul should be proud of one who attempted to assail the very gates of Hell to keep the Infernal at bay and the city safe."

Idriss Pallbearer will eulogise at a memorial service for the dead comrade. He spends 100gp on a Dolph memorial, paying a smith artisan to create some wrought iron gates to hand at the entrance to the Infirmary. They have a large two handed sword in the centre and inscribed with "Dolph, brother in arms who fell in closing the portal to hell. 'The gates of Hell will not prevail against us'. "(pic in tributes forum).

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Marullus »

(a Memorial Fund for Dolph is established. As it is to an NPC, I will allow donating PCs to receive 100% XP for the donation instead of 50%.)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Zhym »

Pendleton Kettleworth visits the infirmary and asks to speak to Brother Mylo.

"I have come to ask for assistance with an expedition," he begins. "We seek the Mages of Monoc, and have need of clerics to travel with us. The mission is—"

He pauses as he realizes that explaining his grave misgivings about the mission and its leader may not the most persuasive recruiting pitch. But then he remembers that he is in the infirmary of Eruanna, the god of Truth. He takes a deep breath and continues.

"I have grave misgivings about the mission. Its leader, Foxy O'Hare, has been known to exhibit impetuous, hotheaded, and arrogant behavior. Those who fight at her side end up dead. We travel to unknown lands where great dangers await. None of us may survive. But I joined the mission, perhaps unwisely, out of selfishness and arrogance. Selfishness, in my desire for knowledge and fear that others might find it instead, and arrogance, in my belief that I could be a moderating influence, together overcame my reservations about the mission's chances of success. Yet I retain hope that perhaps we may study these mages and learn from them and of them, instead of simply attacking them. Ms. O'Hare seems amenable to such an approach, but she also accuses them of complicity in the sacrificial murder of children. That does not comport with my understanding of the Monoc Mages' order. My knowledge of them is, however, limited. I do not know what we will find if we meet them, nor do I know whether they will be amenable to dialogue or will simply attack us on sight. Given Ms. O'Hare's previous encounters with them, I do not expect a friendly reception."

"I am sure of only one thing regarding this mission: without clerics, we are doomed. Ablesforth and your Templars fought nobly and admirably when we closed the demon hole. They saved my life more times than I remember. I humbly ask for aid yet again."

Recruiting: up to four clerics, hoping for at least two:

Recruiting: [2d6-1] = 11-1 = 10 No
Recruiting: [2d6-1] = 7-1 = 6 Reroll
Recruiting: [2d6-1] = 11-1 = 10 No
Recruiting: [2d6-1] = 8-1 = 7 Reroll
Recruiting: [2d6-1] = 7-1 = 6 Reroll
Recruiting: [2d6-1] = 5-1 = 4 Yes
Recruiting: [2d6-1] = 5-1 = 4 Yes

That's two, unless Pendleton's confession of truth merits a bonus to the recruiting rolls, in which case...huh, I think it's still two. And if my description made them as nervous about the mission as Pendleton is and there’s a +1 penalty, it’s...still two. Well. Okay, then. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Marullus »

Pendleton's honesty does indeed resonate well in the ears of Eruanna. "We do indeed respect your desire to see this task fulfilled, Archmagus. There are penitants among us who would relish the opportunity to test their mettle in this way," replies Brother Mylo, who calls forward two men in the poor cassocks of Eruanna's service. They are introduced as Nigel and Colby and they agree to come with you. They are each granted use of a large pony by the church and they come in padded gambesons, maces at their sides, and Eruanna's truth on their lips.

Eruanna Clerics.jpg
Eruanna Clerics.jpg (159.79 KiB) Viewed 684 times

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Zhym »

It would figure that when rolling low is good for once, you roll high. ;)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Marullus »

Not everyone is Dolph. ;)

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”