Money/Transactions

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Money/Transactions

#21 Post by drpete »

Also, during the trip to Adamas time, I was bad about asking people to deduct for cost of living. The mercs and pig are paid up for a few more days, but could everybody who isn't Quinn, pay up 14 gp for the last couple of weeks upkeep. Unless you're pretty sure you've actually been paying.

Quinn needs to pay 7 gp, and somebody needs to pay for Zim today. Solaine is now 2nd level, so she needs to pay and extra 7 on top of the above costs. Randolpho can start that extra cost on his next upkeep day.

This upkeep, folks, will cover food sent to camp, or eaten in town, and lamp oil. Just mark the amounts you want to carry in the dungeon on your sheet for encumbrance and tracking purposes and we can handwave the rest. Now I need to figure out what extra goodies the 2nd lvl folks get :)
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Zorroroaster »

14 gp deducted.

How much for the comfrey and oil?
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by drpete »

It's 100 gp for the 10 comfrey, and 20 gp for the 10 military oil flasks.

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by barkman »

Any chance of an arbelest in town? Are we staying here long enough to look for henchmen?

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Zorroroaster »

120 gp deducted. If anyone wants to chip in on the comfrey, no worries.

Torgyr will deliver it to Galen when he sees him next.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by drpete »

barkman wrote:Any chance of an arbelest in town? Are we staying here long enough to look for henchmen?
There is one for sale, yes. That's 50 gp, plus your 14 gp upkeep expenses?

Were you going to roll for hp and a stat increase for Randolpho?

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Dogma »

Zorroroaster wrote:120 gp deducted. If anyone wants to chip in on the comfrey, no worries.

Torgyr will deliver it to Galen when he sees him next.
Ranulf will chip in 17g for his share of the comfrey

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Zorroroaster »

I thank you. :lol:

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by kalstone »

Solaine will chip in 17 gp as well.

256 gp, 7 sp - Starting wealth
235 gp - Loot
100 gp - Rock Crystal
107 gp, 5 sp - Reward
----
591 gp, 7 sp - Total

-21 gp - Upkeep
-50 gp - Holy Water
-17 gp - Comfrey
-400 gp - Chapel
-18 gp, 3 sp - House share
-5 gp - Henchman ad
----
80 gp, 4 sp

Pete, would it be possible to start a chapel dedicated to Mavors in Muntberg? I'm thinking about buying a small building in town, hiring someone to run it and ministering to the city guard (or anyone else who may want to come) in town.

Also, I added a Reputation section to the notes tab on my character sheet.
Last edited by kalstone on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Stirling »

Quinn will pay the 7gp upkeep fee. Marked off sheet. He will hang onto the gem for later but would like to upgrade his stuff if he can. What shops and merchants are available? Thinking if finding ways to better his AC without doing too much to his encumbrance or speed. Can he improve his shield in anyway?

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by barkman »

drpete wrote:
barkman wrote:Any chance of an arbelest in town? Are we staying here long enough to look for henchmen?
There is one for sale, yes. That's 50 gp, plus your 14 gp upkeep expenses?

Were you going to roll for hp and a stat increase for Randolpho?
Yes, I will make a note to roll for it tonight, and deduct the upkeep and crossbow cost, as well as chip in on the Comfrey

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by drpete »

Stirling wrote:Quinn will pay the 7gp upkeep fee. Marked off sheet. He will hang onto the gem for later but would like to upgrade his stuff if he can. What shops and merchants are available? Thinking if finding ways to better his AC without doing too much to his encumbrance or speed. Can he improve his shield in anyway?
You are in a (almost literally) one horse town. There is an armorer, and a general store, as well as a gemsmith and a moneychanger. Additional services include a bonding house, which will enforces contracts with henchmen/hirelings, and a stable.

The armorer can make you a custom set of personally fitted chain mail for 400 gp (3 stone encumbrance, AC 4). It will take him 80 days to finish the masterpiece, bit he'll need you to pay up front.

If you want, he can make you one designed to be extra protective. It would cost 500 gp, and take 100 days (AC 5, encumbrance 4 stone).

He can also make you tower shields relatively quickly. They cost 20 gp, and allow you to shield yourself and one neighbor (AC +1 for user and one person next to them). They'll take 4 days to prepare.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Stirling »

The tower shields are probably the best, particularly if we arm Emm and Audi also with them. The three if us with spears on a front row in a Dwimmermount corridor would be a formidable defense. Quinn will order one, if agreed will Emm and Audi pay their share or the party funds?

Quinn also inquires about 'silvering' weapons. The wraith stood unharmed by a normal spear though I understand certain creatures have a susceptibility to it. What price to silver the spear and three javelins?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by drpete »

Emm and Audi will fight with the equipment you guys give them. Equipping them is part of the package.

A silvered spear will cost 30 gp.
Silvered javelins cost 10 gp, each.

These are special order, so they need to be made. The javelins can be done in 2 days, but the spear will take 6 days.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by bobloblah »

"We can order the javelins, but I do not believe they would have aided us against the shadowy spirit that assailed us. Still, there are worse horrors they might yet prove useful against."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by drpete »

Solaine can absolutely do these things. Money spent this way would do two things...

A) Count for your xp reserve

B) Potentially earn you the beginnings of a congregation. Congregations take a fairly large expenditure of time and money, but eventually they would help in magic item creation. Since they would probably be adventurers or from the castle, there might be some rp benefit down the line.

Any money you spend on a shrine/ chapel we can figure out a size and details for.

I'll adjust the congregation rolls (slightly) to make it possible that expenditures below 1000 gp/month can do something, too.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Zorroroaster »

Bobloblah, lemme know when you've added the 10 comfrey to your sheet and I'll remove it from mine.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by bobloblah »

I'll add 3 to my sheet, which will mean I'm carrying 5. Put the rest in camp.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by kalstone »

drpete wrote:Solaine can absolutely do these things. Money spent this way would do two things...

A) Count for your xp reserve

B) Potentially earn you the beginnings of a congregation. Congregations take a fairly large expenditure of time and money, but eventually they would help in magic item creation. Since they would probably be adventurers or from the castle, there might be some rp benefit down the line.

Any money you spend on a shrine/ chapel we can figure out a size and details for.

I'll adjust the congregation rolls (slightly) to make it possible that expenditures below 1000 gp/month can do something, too.
Let me see how much the stone house ends up costing.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Dogma »

Ranulf will pick up a grappling hook while in town. Seems we needed one earlier and nobody was carrying one...

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”