The Golden Tooth Tavern

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Golden Tooth Tavern

#601 Post by Jernau35 »

After paying particular attention to the talking badger, who stands out from the crowd even in the crowded tavern, Tollander walks over to his group at the table.

"Excuse me, sir. My name is Tollander Kane, of the Order of Black and White. I've heard that you're planning an expedition into the wilds, in search of a lost tomb. I think I can help you, if you'll take me along. Those places can be full of the risen dead. The Word of Gwanwen tells us not to allow this".

Kane's knuckles tighten as he speaks of the undead. As they do, you notice that he has the word Life tattooed across the knuckles of his right hand and Death tattooed on the knuckles of his left.
Edited to add the detail of the tattoos. Forget them first time around.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#602 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Just read your post of Renvell and Tocar and noticed the mentioning it the werewolf.
Rusty Tincanne wrote:Clay apologizes to the two guardsmen for their losses and asks for more information about the hill give and their nature god. Did they offer her name? What sorts of religious items did they have?
Clay presses the two guards further on the matter of the werewolf. It was looking for an orb, you say? And you told it what? Exactly. His class dug into the tavern table.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#603 Post by Marullus »

Tocen tries to remain cool and non-chalant, but as he is menaced by a talking badger whose claws are digging into the tabletop, he cracks. "Foxy told it that the Orb of Endless Suffering, used by Dreadlord Zhint himself to command the dead, is in the possession of the Beithian clerics, in a tower guarded by stone golems Northwest of Gaul!" He blurts out, his voice quavering.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#604 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Worried beyond worry, Clay starts to rise but holds steady realizing he needs more information. What caused her to say such a thing? Why? Why didn't she tell me this when she returned? And more importantly, when did this happen? As soon as the questions are answered he races out the door, heading for Beith's Watch. He cursed Eruanna for her demands for truth at all times. Surely lying, on occasion, must be okay.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#605 Post by Marullus »

"You... You don't know..." Tocen says, wide-eyed. "She said to put away my bow, it would shatter on it's hide. It said it would eat our souls." He shudders and composes himself. "Why? She said ' I walked Eruanna's path. What do we care for the tree-huggers and cauldron stirrers.' The beast let us live in exchange for the information." He casts his eyes downward. "I am sorry... But we wanted to live... It was a few weeks ago, but we were in the infirmary. Foxy, well, she rode off on her own after getting us to the healers."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#606 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Jernau35 wrote:After paying particular attention to the talking badger,... "Excuse me, sir. My name is Tollander Kane, of the Order of Black and White. I've heard that you're planning an expedition into the wilds, in search of a lost tomb. I think I can help you, if you'll take me along. Those places can be full of the risen dead. The Word of Gwanwen tells us not to allow this".
Not ignoring this. Just to avoid missing anything, I'll stick to asking the guards questions for now. Then invite Tollander (and Smoglea) to Beith's Watch.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#607 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

after finishing with the guards, but before heading to Beith's Watch:

Clay extends his paw to Tollander. Glad to meet you. You've heard right. I'm heading north, and there will be dangers, including an angry green dragon and the Morlocks. Your assistance would be most welcome. But if dealing with the undead is your primary concern, I would urge you to join with Neegan, who will be going to an ancient dwarf site, the Spiral Vault. The Orb he carries can raise the dead and ruin the land, filling it with energy from the negative material plane.

There are several groups known to be interested in getting this object: a werewolf, the order of the red robed mages, and a group of witches form the north woods - the those associated with Beith, mind you. Other witches. I do not know what agents the witches may have in play.

With that, Clay introduces Tollander to Neegan, suggesting he try to recruit Clint as well. The witch's song was atrocious, but if there is a grain of truth to her tales, Clint sounds to be a fair fighter. Good luck. May your gods look over you. He gathers Smoglea and heads to Beith's Watch.

Clay, the badger-druid, exits stage left with Smoglea, the balding halfling in tow.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#608 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Smoglea leaves with Clay heading to Beith's Watch.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Modric
Guide
Guide

#609 Post by Modric »

Malenor

A pale elf with jet black hair a noticeable facial scar approaches the group. I overheard your discussion about an expedition and some orb. I'm looking to join up - have any room?

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#610 Post by Jernau35 »

"If there are undead to be put down, then by Gwanwen, I'll be happy go with you" says Tollander to Neegan. "I have a pack mule. What supplies should I bring? "

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#611 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

A bit of retroactivity here, with Marullus's permission:

18 August
As he leaves the tavern, Clay asks Neegan to walk with him to the gates. On the way he reminds Neegan of everything they've discussed, reminding the dwarf of the importance of the mission. As they get close to the gate, Clay pulls Neegan and Clarabelle into an abandoned, darkened alley. He asks Smoglea to stand watch in the main Street. Once he sure they are alone, Clay nods to Clarabelle, and she produces a small sack with a fist-sized object in it. Take this, whispers Clay. Remember, the Duke has forbade the orb from being in town, but I hated to make you walk all the way out to Beith's Watch and back. Safe travels. May your god and my goddess watch over you and grant you wisdom and safe passage.

Neegan now has the Orb. With the werewolf's (late) appearance and the discrepancy in our departure dates, this seemed the easiest way to pass it off. For timeline's sake, I'd recommend saying Neegan visited the Duke before this. ;) Maybe Neegan should head out to Frogmorton's Ford for the last days of his stay. Go give the halflings nightmares.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#612 Post by Dram »

Neegan- before leaving the the Tavern. Those wishing to join the Orb mission follow me.

Orb Quest PC's
Neegan- Dram
Galmit- GreyWolf
Erien Laganthe- Thebadgamer98
Tollander- Jernau35
Malenor- Modric
Did I miss any PC's.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#613 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit nods his head and follows Neegan.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#614 Post by Jernau35 »

Tollander gulps down the rest of his drink and walks out with Neegan and Galmit.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#615 Post by Marullus »

August 19/20, 2021
Clay Weatherwax departs on the morning of the 19th, heading to Beith's Watch. He and his companions will then set out into the forests from there on the morning of 20 August. Talk is they plan to go many miles northwest, pursuing a quest for the Goddess, Beith.

He is accompanied by:
- Bianca, elfish witch of Beith
- Willow, druid of Beith
- Clint, paladin of Freydis
- Smoglea, Halfling
- Clarabelle, ranger of Beith (NPC)
- Morr, the dog (NPC)
- Maurice, the pygmy owl (NPC)

Neegan the dwarf sets out with his companions towards Frogmorton Ford, intending to head eastward on their quest to deposit the Orb of Endless Suffering into the Spiral Vaultof the ancient dwarves.

He is accompanied by:
Galmit the dwarf
Erien Laganthe, cleric of Baudh
Tollander, cleric of Gwanwen
Malenor the elf

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#616 Post by Marullus »

Clock advance: If you didn't depart town on the previous list, account for an additional 12 days stay.

August 31, 2021
On the morning of August 31, Fingers McGraw leaves Gaul to meet his companionsas agreed, at the Golden Scales Tavern at the White Tower, setting out from there to explore using the maps uncovered in their previous expedition.

Accompanying him are:
Bandy the halfling
Markd, warrior cursed by the gods
Hengist, cleric of Baudh
Winnie of the Witchwood
Jimmy, the horse guard (NPC)
Sprinkles (Fingers's Dog) (NPC)
Mrs. Dash (Winnie's Dog) (NPC)
Mitch the pony (NPC)
Buttercup the mule (NPC)
Elmer (Fingers's Mule) (NPC)

Ablesforth departs with his fellow Templars to return to the Demon Hole(as it is now called), former lair of the Goblin King, and end the infernal threat now ravaging the countryside.

Accompanying him are:
Pendleton Kettlebottom, Wizard
Idriss, Templar Wizard (as NPC)
Dolph, Templar Fighter (NPC)
Jaques, Templar Fighter (NPC)
Molay, Templar Fighter (NPC)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#617 Post by Marullus »

If you're still in town after those two departures, advance again and resume town roleplay.

September 3, 2021

They day dawns gray and overcast, the interminable daily drizzling resuming once more now as summer begins to pass and the cool of autumn begins to set in. The temperature is cooler as well (55-60 degrees F), even the brief warmth of the northlands summer beginning to fade, the cold north winds presaging the coming of another frozen winter...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#618 Post by onlyme »

Markd finishes his week of rest, eating good meals and sleeping in his bed versus a hard ground.

(26 GPs deducted for meals and lodging, should be way more than plenty)

edit to add --- room paid for through Sept 30th
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#619 Post by Marullus »

September 4, 2021

Earc, Olaf, Halfpint, and Hereward return to town (along with Florian and Steve, who return to Baudh's chapel) on August 3, 2021. They have wagons full of trade goods and coin and the dwarves are telling of magic portals, the destruction of the goblins of Guhra's tower, and as a result, the securing of safe passage without goblin raids on the southern trail before the winter sets in once more...

They spend a month liquidating the trade goods and getting affairs in order. (Rejoin at current timeline, 04 September 2021)

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#620 Post by Karaunios »

An average height, middle age, broad shouldered man enters the Golden Tooth Tavern walking purposefully. He's swarthy-looking, with short dark brown hair and little piercing dark eyes. He looks around him, raising his square unshaved jaw as he studies the place and the people there.

The light of the candles flicker on his scale mail and shield, hanging on his shoulder from its shieldbelt, his hand resting on the pommel of his sheathed long sword.

After taking a few seconds to study the place, Anforthas walks directly to the bar, addressing the barman: Greetings, innkeeper. I'll have a mug of beer, please. The cheapest one will have to do. He says so while still looking around him, half distracted, looking at the people in the tavern.

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”