A calling to Triel

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: A calling to Triel

#21 Post by Darkmane »

Moreeth's amethyst eyes peer back, his face an ivory mask. I've quested for less noble purposes. I will help rid these lands of giants. I wonder what could unite them, surely not a giant king. He would have made his name known, perhaps flown a standard. Perhaps dark magic lies behind this evil?

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Mant72 »

Cathedra:

"I too shall ride forth. The promise of keeping what is found sounds inticing. As far as giants uniting, I have never heard of such, besides the obvious small tribes and clans. As far as a giant king is concerned, I would have to agree with Moreeth. Giants are a boastful lot and any "Giant King" would have certainly made his name known." She drains her cup of wine and rises to pour herself another.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Dram »

Varcarxia Looks over the map very closely. Then hearing a 1000 gp credit. He smiles at Sereena and smiles already knowing her answer. Lady Sereena is that 1000 gp credit at each store my beautiful lady? As it would be best to have the finest goods for this mission. He turns back to the map. He then says to the others. Ironwood is there next closest target on the map. Lady Sereena do you have men heading there to protect the town?/color]
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by spanningtree »

Varcarxia, I am afraid not. The credit only extends 1000 coins to the local merchants. The temple of Torm does offer services and items but our credit does not extend to deities I am afraid. I am fairly sure they will offer a substantial discount if not more though. Please be careful with our dwindling resources and take what you need only. If your mission is successful I am sure Lord Cranston will bestow upon all of you additional remittance but he has not disclosed any details yet. Seerena glowers a bit. The attacks have brought chaos to our little kingdom and certainty is something we lack right now.

Walking to the refreshments table she pours a mug of water. Turning back to the group.

A detachment has indeed been sent to Ironwood but we also think Triel might be next. The local barracks have about twenty five men garrisoned under my command. She shifts a bit nervously. Our current thinking is that the best way to approach this incursion is to nip the bud at it's source rather than try to defend many places at the same time. That is where your combined experience comes in. If they are coming for Triel you will either be here or likely meet them on the way.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by spanningtree »

Darkmane wrote:Perhaps dark magic lies behind this evil?
Hearing this Gedden takes his pipe from his mouth and speaks.

Hard to say, my ability to scry does not reach that far. My reaches do show a game being played that reaches beyond the Steading though. There are those who do not believe... Nodding to Seerena. The giant kind are moving with more intelligence than they should though. Organized... structured. We think they are hill giants for obvious reasons but they show smarts beyond a rock, unlike a hill giant.

Gedden puts his pipe back in his mouth after a sip of something from a tumbler.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by greyarea »

Master of Dragons nods sagely. He will give his credit to the nearest orphanage or church if allowed.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "I've seen some strange things and giants being organized is quite possible it would just take the right type of leader to organize them, a dragon, or giant of a smarter variety could very well do such a feat. After all I've seen goblins and orcs work together before. Plus there are magic items that allow one to control different creatures perhaps something that allows for control over giants being used by some evil mage. We all know they're out there after all think of the beholders of a certain keep one likes to use."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by badams30 »

Fergus - Human Fighter

Fergus listens intently at the descriptions of the carnage, getting visibly agitated at the mention of women and children being roasted. With a determined fire in his eyes he slams his meaty fist upon the table and and shouts: "Aye, you're damned right I'm in! These foul creatures will regret the day they've dragged themselves into the light to harass these fine people!" He glances at the others and says "We need to get on the road soon, so nobody else meets their end."

He takes a big drink and points at Seerena and says "You can keep your generous credit for me, I've got all I need right here!" And he pats his shiny shield and bastard sword. Sitting back down, Fergus growls under his breath, wishing he could be heading toward the steading right now....

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by tumblingdice »

Duvli clenches his fists at the mention of skewered women and children. "We're wasting our breath here," he growls, brandishing his hammer. "Let's go kill some giants."

Oc: Still getting used to the mobile version of the forums, and missed a whole page of comments. I wasn't deliberately copying badams. We're just on the same wavelength. The same curmudgeonly, bloodthirsty wavelength. Duvli will gladly take the gold, however.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by spanningtree »

Ferax the druid stands up and sighs: The priority here should be the forest, not Triel. I am going to travel to Ironwood and support your detachment there Seerena. No reward needed. I bid you all luck in your efforts.

Before anyone can say anything he walks out the door you all came in. As he exits an elf walks into the room and looks a bit surprised. He appears to be a mage of some sort.

OCC: Sumo is changing over to an elf mage, this is actually good for the party and the best time to do it. Please make an intro Sumo.

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "I think both the people and the forest need our attention. Either way I need no compensation for my efforts. I do this as a service to the goodly people. Keep the money use it to rebuild the places these giants have sacked."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Dram »

Vacarxia- Looks at all the his fellow companions. I shall aid you all in this great quest, but the coin will stay with me. I will be needing a new bow and dagger. Lady Sareena where is this your local weaponsmith that deals in special weapons.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by connivingsumo »

Saphrax ~
Listens intently for Lady Sareena's answer to Vacarxia's question.

After taking note, he says to the gathering, "We will accompany this group and help in any way possible."
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Craigers07 »

Wilryn - Gnome Illusionist

Wilryn waits for the attention of Seerena and nods at her.

"You can keep my credit as well. Please use it to rebuild property damaged by the giants."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Darkmane »

Moreeth Meer - Moon Elf Fighter Mage

Does anybody actually need to purchase any equipment before we get started? I'm set for now, until we find out more about the enemy. My horse is fresh, perhaps we can set off now and sleep in one of the villages closer to the steading? The quicker we get there, the less time the enemy has for preparations.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Dram »

Dram wrote:Vacarxia- Looks at all the his fellow companions. I shall aid you all in this great quest, but the coin will stay with me. I will be needing a new bow and dagger. Lady Sareena where is this your local weaponsmith that deals in special weapons.

Vacarxia- Looks to Moreeth. As I said I am in need of a new bow.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by greyarea »

Master of Dragons picks up his bench and hefts it over his shoulder. Ready, he says.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:Master of Dragons picks up his bench and hefts it over his shoulder. Ready, he says.

Fergus chugs his tankard of booze, wipes his beard and grabs his shield, standing next to Master of Dragons. "I'm ready too! Let's do something!"

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven pats Rex "Rex here is good for a bit and I'm all set my horse is in fine shape too so no I need nothing and I am good to go."

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Mant72 »

Cathedra:

"I am ready." She finishes her cup of wine and secures her things, ready to make for the road.

Return to “Against the Giants (1e)”