Tante Yvana's House of Herbs and Elixirs (11)

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Tante Yvana's House of Herbs and Elixirs (11)

#21 Post by Urson »

The Hool Marshes are a mix of open swampland and boggy forest, with the majority of the trees being either willow or tall, gray-barked cypress. As the morning progresses, Keilif has little trouble digging cattails- and even finds a small clump of pitcher plants, yeilding about half a jar of their liquid (a mix of water and the plant's nectar, btw). The willow twigs are a bit more of a problem, forcing Keilif to venture further from solid ground than he would like. On a hummock of dry land among the trees, Keilif finds what may have been a campsite- scraps and bones scattered around, the remains of a fire, etc. The ground is soft enough to hold footprints- a confusing jumble of large, three-toed tracks from something that probably walked erect.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Mant72 »

After stumbling upon the campsite, Keilif quickly collects his plants and hastily departs from the swamp. "I must tell the others about this. These prints are not human. Perhaps Doubtful will have more insight as to their origin," he thinks to himself on his way back to Tante Yvana's.

Entering the House of Herbs and Elixirs, Keilif politely calls out, "Madame, Yvana, err...Tante Yvana, I have returned with the plants you requested."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Urson »

By the time Keilif returns to town, the sun is setting.

Tante Yvana looks through the material he's collected. Well done, my young friend. These will do quite well. And here are your things. She adds in a 'luck charm' crystal for the pitcher plant nectar.

If you need more, you know where I am.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by Mant72 »

"Thank you Tante Yvana for your gifts and services. I will be sure to point others in need in your direction." Keilif collects the two healing potions, the antidote, the lucky charm and departs.

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”