10- UnderMountain-Trip 6-The New Crew

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: 10- UnderMountain-Trip 6-The New Crew

#781 Post by Darkmane »

Vek - Tells and Roseheart discuss the potion of phasing and the wizards aren't 100% sure on how many people could be affected. They are leaning toward only 1 person. On the bright side this potion is so rare that the fat man is highly unlikely to have a defense against it. So if one of you enters using the potion, they can probably just open a door and let the rest in?

Tells, a member of the guild has a +1 ring of protecon, but wants 20000gold for it!

Roseheart, you could probably learn a little about dragons from the guild, but nothing about the Fat Man. What kind of item are you looking for? Ill roll to see if you find anything like it.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#782 Post by ylinett »

Does Garl manage to pick up any interesting tidbits?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#783 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart will research anything about fire breathing dragons. Anything about their nature, vulnerabilities, characteristics, history, maybe rumors or reports on any ever found in or around Undermountain.

For items, he is looking for any type of beneficial armour that would befit a mage. Perhaps some bracers that wouldn't interfere with spell casting, or a cloak or robe of some significance. If other types of wands or weapons may be available that would be of benefit (which he would be willing to trade a wand of polymorph for).

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#784 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

OCC: Tella will look into selling the recovered spellbook in an effort to line the pockets of the party before their next adventure.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#785 Post by Darkmane »

Tells, give me a 1d20 roll

Garl, could you give me a 1d20 roll also?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#786 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Oh my I nearly forgot I found a new companion to do all the heavy lifting and he fights like a tavern brawler but is a bit eh lets say simple? I'll go get him I left him waiting outside. I do hope he is still there." the gnome rushes off to the door and goes outside returning a short moment later with a taller man "I'd like to introduce you all to Forrest he means well and has the strength and fighting skill to be useful to us I met him on the road as I was in pursuit of Gond's knowledge as well as more information on the staff. Forrest this is Tella and the others Roseheart, Vek, Enoka is somewhere here, and Garl. Go ahead Forrest you can say hello to them."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#787 Post by Bluehorse »

Forrest

The wide eyed man follows after the gnome, you can hear him coming before you see him, his armor and pack rattling with each step. Though not slowed much, the bulging pack made one think of a pack mule. He almost forgets to duck as he comes in the door but then turns as if to check it is there bumping his pack in the door frame loudly, which makes him turn in that direction only to clank into the opposite side, this goes on a few more times before he turns a full circle looking over his shoulder before almost running into Glimble in the process. When he hears his name he stops and looks around.... then up... before looking down at Glimble blankly for a moment. Then the next moment his eyebrows shoot up and he points at himself before looking up at the others, seeming to realize they are all there for the first time. He looks around obviously having no idea who they are or why he is here. Did he even hear the introductions? He looks at them expectantly as he leans forward cocking his head slightly. He looks back to Glimble and then nods as he clears his throat and gestures. "Hi, E'er-ba dy. I'm For Rest, For Rest Grunt." He sticks out his hand and then looks down realizing he is holding a handful of nuts he had been munching on outside... He looks for pockets and realizes he has none, then seeing no where else to put them he shoves them all in his mouth and puts his hand out again. Speaking thusly... "Icksss nische du mee-shyou..." as crumbs fall from his mouth as he struggles the salted nuts down amoung much furious chewing.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#788 Post by Darkmane »

Input: Garl rumors [1d20], Tella selling spell book [1d20]
Output: Garl rumors [1d20] = 2, Tella selling spell book [1d20] = 4

Garl spends sometime listening in the city. He hears more rumors that the trade routes to the north have been attacked by red drakes a little larger than the size of horses. They are becoming like a plague in the north, and nobody knows where they are coming from! He also hears that the city has redoubled their efforts to keep citizens out of the city of the dead at night. There have been more than normal missing persons reports, and folks are worried that a pack of vampires are to blame.

Tella gets a pretty amazing offer of 3000 gold for the spell book from a guild wizard who would really like one or two of the spells inside.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#789 Post by ylinett »

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#790 Post by ylinett »

Never mind...

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#791 Post by ylinett »

Garl returns to the party. "You want to fight a dragon? How about some practice on small ones first? Who knows maybe we could even use their hide to protect us?"

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#792 Post by Darkmane »

Garl, let me know if you want to look more into the plague of red dragons. You are pretty close to the Bowels of the Earth, where loose lips might be talking about them right now. As long as you don't catch a knife in the back or a bottle over the head, that place is a treasure trove of information.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#793 Post by ylinett »

Sure do...detect noise for the win!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#794 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Hey Garl - that's not a bad idea. Tackle a smaller one first," Roseheart agrees. I'm up for whatever the group wants to take on next, really, as long as we think our plan through a bit before jumping into the fire, in a matter of speaking"

GreyWolfVT

#795 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Well I know I missed a lot in a year being a travelling knowledge seeker, but if the fat man taking children is still out there then I saw we take him down before hunting dragons."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#796 Post by Darkmane »

Later that night, Garl slinks down to The Bowels of the Earth. He steps through the cobblestone streets quietly moving closer to the hovel. When he reaches the left side of the bar, he see two drunks lying in the street and talking to each other, the one is trying to pull himself up. They may have been fighting. He moves to the other side of the building, and then mounting a large crate of rotting wood, he finds a cracked pane of glass on an old, greasy smeared window. There is a whole piece of glass missing and the hole is just the size for a halfling ear.

His patience is tested, while he listens to drunks brag, and argue, and lament. Finally, however, in a turn of luck, he hears what he was waiting for. Just after a fight was cleared up by several men surrounding one of the combatants and beating him severely. At a table near to his perch, one man starts to slur and brag about how he is joining a company leaving tomorrow morning. "I'll be a rich man, next time youz all sees me! I'm joining a real venture company, tis truth! The lords of Triboar and Westbridge have pledged a jewel of Neverwinter to the company that can end this plague of baby dragons. Nowwa I'm not sayin I'd be fighting a realla dragon, but I'll spit baby dragons upon me blade all day long...."

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#797 Post by ylinett »

Garl, quickly slinks back into the shadows and making sure to take a circuitous route arrives will attempt to rouse the party. "If we leave tonight we can get a head start on them!"

GreyWolfVT

#798 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Groups gotten a bit crazier than I remember."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#800 Post by Darkmane »

OK, Tella are you happy with the 3000gp?

Next up it looks like you have two good options for adventure: you could go after the fat man, using the potion of phasing to gain entry. Or you can head north in search of dragons, and possibly win a fabled jewel of neverwinter --- if you can put an end to these dragons for good.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”