OCC

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OCC

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

badams30 wrote:I'd be fine with mutated hamsters, but was trying to keep it simple. I'll take what I can get...

BTW, nice to see you again!
Nice seeing you again too badams :)
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by tumblingdice »

Sorry. Didn't get any notifications that new stuff had come up. I'll post in the game thread, then finish my character up tonight.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:I'm ready.
And a bit disappointed by the pet thing. I was planning a pack of war hamsters or something. I would ask you to reconsider...
Dude... seriously, it's probably a good thing I live alone; I can't imagine the looks I'd get for staring at php and laughing my arse off.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by tumblingdice »

spanningtree wrote:First in character thread started. Please post your character introduction there (a calling to Triel). Please finish up your character sheets with HP/AC and saving throws. For spell casters I would like you to post your memorized spells to this OCC chat thread and I will update the listing of character data in the in chat thread with your spells. This is what greyarea does and I find it works well. Let's kill some giants!
Duvli's typically prayed for spells on any given day. This is my first time playing a high level cleric, and I may eventually replace some of these spells with duplicate CLW and CCW spells, for now I'm enjoying the variety.

Level 1
Bless
Command
Cure Light Wounds
Detect Evil
Resist Cold
Sanctuary

Level 2
Augury
Hold Person
Know Alignment
Resist Fire
Silence 15' Radius
Spiritual Weapon

Level 3
Continual Light
Dispel Magic
Prayer

Level 4
Cure Serious Wounds
Neutralize Poison
Protection from Evil 10' Radius

Level 5
Flame Strike
Last edited by tumblingdice on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by connivingsumo »

This is the default memorized list; however, I may make adjustments in-game when study time is appropriate. If I do so, I will note it on the 'spells' tab in my character sheet as well as in OOC, and/or in the game thread as well.

Memorized Spells
Level 0
Bee
Distract
Sneeze
Tie
Unlock
Untie

Level 1
Magic Missile (R150', d6+1ea. ~ 5 missiles)

Level 2
Stinking Cloud (R30', A20'cu, helpless nausea d4+1rnds after exiting ~ Save negates)
Stinking Cloud (R30', A20'cu, helpless nausea d4+1rnds after exiting ~ Save negates)
Web (=/<18STR 2d4Turns, >18STR 4Rounds, Fire=d6@2Rnds) *scribed
Web (=/<18STR 2d4Turns, >18STR 4Rounds, Fire=d6@2Rnds) *scribed

Level 3
Fire Ball (d6/lvl, 20'Radius, 240'Range, Save@Half)
Lightning Bolt (60'L x 5'W, d6/lvl) *scribed
Lightning Bolt (60'L x 5'W, d6/lvl) *scribed

Level 4
Fire Shield (2rnd+1/lvl, melee attacker takes dbl their dmg. Warm/Chill Shield +2 save bonus for spell type)
Restore Mnemonic Enhancer (=/<3lvls of spells. Prep/Retain, Retain: cast Mnemonic-then spell-then spell again)
Restore Mnemonic Enhancer (=/<3lvls of spells. Prep/Retain, Retain: cast Mnemonic-then spell-then spell again)
Polymorph Others (R60' If desired ''poly'' HD is Dbl target's HD=failure ~ Save negates/Ally needs no save)

Level 5
Cone of Cold (R5'/lvl, d4+1/lvl)
Hold Monster (R120', 6turns+1turn/lvl, d4 targets. Save negates, but -2 if one target)

Mnemonic
Haste (R240' 3Turns. 24targets in 60'dia. Dbl Attacks & Speed. Dispels Slow)
Invisibility 10' Radius

In Ring
Confusion (R120' 12rnd. 3d6targets:1-4att,5-6babble,7-10att selves. Roll ea rnd)
Dispel Magic (20'cu, failure @ 5%/lvl above caster)
Passwall (10' deep x 5' wide) *not through metal
Wall of Iron (thickness=1/4''Lvl, area=15'Lvl)
Last edited by connivingsumo on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:[...]
Level 4
Cure Light Wounds [...]
Cure Serious Wounds, perhaps? :D

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Darkmane »

Moreeth Meer

4\3\3\2

Has active stone skin spell all the time.

1st
Detect magic
Feather Fall
Magic missile x2

2nd
Mirror image x2
Acid arrow

3rd
Fireball
Minute meteors
Haste

4th
Polymorph self
Fire shield

I still have to pick out can trips and get these spells onto my sheet.
Last edited by Darkmane on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by tumblingdice »

connivingsumo wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:[...]
Level 4
Cure Light Wounds [...]
Cure Serious Wounds, perhaps? :D
Oops. Yes. I'll fix that. Thanks for catching it.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by connivingsumo »

All,

Just FYI ~ I bailed on the Druid character for this game. In short, I don't think I have the talent/creativity to play the class because many of his spells are not available indoors or underground, and he didn't have the stats to assist in melee; therefore, Ferax is 'archived.'

I have changed his introduction post to introduce his replacement, Saphrax Zylgwyn, Level 8 Elf Wizard.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by connivingsumo »

DM: What number of spells should we have memorized? I'm confused because the Advanced book shows a level 8 MU to have: 3first, 3second, 2third, 2fourth > 3/3/2/2 but I'm seeing other level 8 MUs with 4\3\3\2 and 4\3\5\2? I don't care what we do; I just want to be sure I'm doing it right. :ugeek:

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by spanningtree »

An 8th level mage would have 8 1st lvl, 7 2nd lvl, 7 3rd lvl and 6 4th lvl.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#52 Post by Darkmane »

My players handbook said 4\3\3\2.

Spanning is giving us 4 extra in our spell book for each level so that makes 8\7\7\6 in the book.

Also my players handbook puts you at 10th level if you are a straight up wizard with 250001 exp. And you would get 4\4\3\2\2memorized.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by connivingsumo »

Darkmane wrote:My players handbook said 4\3\3\2.

Spanning is giving us 4 extra in our spell book for each level so that makes 8\7\7\6 in the book.

Also my players handbook puts you at 10th level if you are a straight up wizard with 250001 exp. And you would get 4\4\3\2\2memorized.
I need a new book (pdf), apparently :(
Is there an online source somewhere? I thought I had the old AD&D PHB but I don't.
EDIT: I checked my shelf and have an AD&D 2e PHB ~ it shows my level as 10, and the memorized spells as: 4/4/3/2/2.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by tumblingdice »

I don't have the PHB either, but I'm getting by with a free PDF of OSRIC, the 1e clone. Not sure how that compares to the spell lists in 2e. Better download Gold & Glory, the 2e clone, and find out.

First nerd problems. :lol:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:I don't have the PHB either, but I'm getting by with a free PDF of OSRIC, the 1e clone. Not sure how that compares to the spell lists in 2e. Better download Gold & Glory, the 2e clone, and find out.

First nerd problems. :lol:
"First nerd problems" !!! :lol: :lol: I see what you did there.

OSRIC is that the goblinoid one? If so, that's the one I was using and it is WAY different than what other players are using here; for example, the 'basic' pdf from goblinoid said 250k xp put me at level 8, but the other book puts me at 10. Also, the 'spells memorized' table is different. It's not a gigantic difference but - as we all know with Magic-Users (and sorts) - a spell or two can make the difference, so it's a significant difference.

That was a really long way to ask, "which one?" hahaha *not sure if we're allowed to crosslink/URL here so I don't wanna violate. :ugeek:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by connivingsumo »

Hey Darkmane...

First, thanks for your reply to my post. Your reply is helping me get sorted out, and I appreciate that.

For some mysterious reason my PHB, DMG, and MM1 have vanished from my collection, so I'm using my 2e PHB. For 250,001XP it, indeed, puts my MU at lvl.10 with the memorized spell lineup you described. For 'Next Level' it says 375,000XP. Does your book say that as well?

I'm asking because I'm going to adjust my character & character sheet, so I just wanna check my facts. No rush as I'll go ahead and make the changes and then just adjust them accordingly based on player info/DM request.

Cheers :mrgreen:

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by spanningtree »

I found this link, not sure what is there but looks sort of interesting: http://archmagev.com/1st_Ed/Rulebooks/ ;)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by spanningtree »

@SUMO
Darkmane wrote:My players handbook said 4\3\3\2.

I concur with Darkmane, you character should be 10th level. I posted a link where you might find some books on this thread. A 10 level mage would be able to cast:
8 x cantrips per day
4 x 1st level spells per/day
4 x 2nd level spells per/day
3 x 3rd level spells per/day
2 x 4th level spells per/day
2 x 5th level spells per/day

Your spellbook would contain:
11 x cantrips per day
8 x 1st level spells per/day plus read magic and detect magic
8 x 2nd level spells per/day
6 x 3rd level spells per/day
4 x 4th level spells per/day
4 x 5th level spells per/day

Make sense? Let me know if not and we'll get you sorted.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by greyarea »

tumblingdice wrote: First nerd problems. :lol:
You win the internets!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “Against the Giants (1e)”