Scenarios you are already familiar with.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Scenarios you are already familiar with.

#1 Post by ken-do-nim »

In this thread, please list Call of Cthulhu scenarios/adventures that you have read, played, or run, so I will know not to use them.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Scenarios you are already familiar with.

#2 Post by Stirling »

None set in 1920's USA, only played keeper and investigator in Achtung Cthullu campaign and a homebrew campaign, Miskatonic student exchange...but that was all 20+ years ago.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by coil23 »

none

gaylord500
Runner
Runner

#4 Post by gaylord500 »

Quite a few; was a playtester for some of the newer, revised ones. But I can forget stuff pretty easily, certainly for the purposes of any of this.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#5 Post by Scott308 »

I have only played Cthulhu a handful of times, pretty much all at conventions, and all adventures were created by the GMs. I am pretty sure none of them have been published anywhere, but all save one were set in the 1970s or later. Unless you are thinking about running something set on the Titanic, the only one I've played set in that general timeframe won't be an issue.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Pulpatoon »

I last played Call of Cthulu so long ago that HP Lovecraft was the GM. He was good at evoking mood, but lousy with campaign structure.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by ken-do-nim »

Pulpatoon wrote:I last played Call of Cthulu so long ago that HP Lovecraft was the GM. He was good at evoking mood, but lousy with campaign structure.
You know, I bet he would have made an awesome GM, even at campaign management.
gaylord500 wrote:Quite a few; was a playtester for some of the newer, revised ones. But I can forget stuff pretty easily, certainly for the purposes of any of this.
Hopefully anything that we do play that you are already familiar with will be short, like the scenarios out of the rulebook.

Calliope
Squire
Squire

#8 Post by Calliope »

None.

Return to “Shadows of Yog-Sothoth and beyond - Call of Cthulhu 5E”