Out of Character discussion

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Out of Character discussion

#81 Post by ken-do-nim »

Having a blast in Italy! Not much time for gaming, but we'll start up again next week. Right now I'm in Venice, on the last leg of the trip.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#82 Post by ken-do-nim »

Hi all I'm back and looking forward to resuming our game. Next post will be tonight!

geomys
Strider
Strider

#83 Post by geomys »

Do I get a successful skill check for using the whip? Or does that not apply to combat skills?

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#84 Post by ken-do-nim »

Sorry about the delay, a week just wooshed by like that!
geomys wrote:Do I get a successful skill check for using the whip? Or does that not apply to combat skills?
Yes you do.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#85 Post by Scott308 »

I'm at Gamehole Con this weekend, so I don't know if I'll be able to check in here.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#86 Post by ken-do-nim »

Scott308 wrote:I'm at Gamehole Con this weekend, so I don't know if I'll be able to check in here.
I was at Carnage up in Vermont myself.

With the election now behind us, I wearily turn back to my gaming life.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#87 Post by ken-do-nim »

ken-do-nim wrote:Hi all, on a real life note, my mother-in-law is being told she needs a heart transplant. Do any of you know anyone who has undergone such a procedure? How has it gone for them since?
Update: my mother-in-law has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now waiting for her heart. They've got her hooked up to a machine so she's in no immediate danger, but the waiting is dreadful (and ghoulish). One of my wife or I (usually my wife) visit her nearly every day; we live the closest. We try to joke about it though, since the highest match to her blood type is asian, we've been telling her she'll have cravings for sushi after the operation.

Scott308

#88 Post by Scott308 »

I'm glad to hear she is stable. Hopefully she'll get her heart soon.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

MI70
Scout
Scout

#89 Post by MI70 »

I hope everything turns out well. Will be thinking of you and the family.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#90 Post by ken-do-nim »

In Call of Cthulhu v1-4, the adventure "Haunted House" was the recommended starter adventure. Though Haunted House is still in the 5th edition rulebook and we'll play it next, fifth is the first rulebook to introduce Edge of Darkness as the starter adventure, and I can see why now. It is a great teaching tool for the sanity system, as well as conducting research and some light combat.

MI70
Scout
Scout

#91 Post by MI70 »

Jed may never want set foot in another haunted house (at least not without some therapy!)
Btw, nice use of photo. Scary Maggie actually startled me as I casually scrolled along.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#92 Post by ken-do-nim »

ken-do-nim wrote:
ken-do-nim wrote:Hi all, on a real life note, my mother-in-law is being told she needs a heart transplant. Do any of you know anyone who has undergone such a procedure? How has it gone for them since?
Update: my mother-in-law has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now waiting for her heart. They've got her hooked up to a machine so she's in no immediate danger, but the waiting is dreadful (and ghoulish). One of my wife or I (usually my wife) visit her nearly every day; we live the closest. We try to joke about it though, since the highest match to her blood type is asian, we've been telling her she'll have cravings for sushi after the operation.
Early this morning my mother-in-law received a new heart. It's over!!!

MI70
Scout
Scout

#93 Post by MI70 »

Glad to hear it! I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Scott308

#94 Post by Scott308 »

Good to hear! Unfortunately, now you won't be able to make any "heartless mother-in-law" jokes. :lol:

geomys
Strider
Strider

#95 Post by geomys »

Glad to hear the surgery went ok.

Completely unrelated...why is it "insanity" to be attuned to the (albeit horrible) actual way the Universe is in Cthulu mythos? It seems like the problem is a bad case of stark sanity.

MI70
Scout
Scout

#96 Post by MI70 »

It is kind of funny that you get penalized for seeing the real reality. I hope Jed didn't doom everyone, but I think in his rage he'd just fire away.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by ken-do-nim »

Sorry all, we had an unexpected Chanukkah/Christmas week break, as my daughter kept me too busy to get on the internet very much. I look forward to resuming the game this week.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#98 Post by ken-do-nim »

Hi all, so sorry that I haven't been able to move the game forward for a while. It's not for lack of desire!

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#99 Post by ken-do-nim »

Just to give a bit more explanation: I'm going through a weird fatigue/sleep-cycle change. I'm falling asleep at 8:30 PM, not too long after I get home from work, and tossing and turning until 5 am when I have to start my day. But I'm starting to more reliably wake up at 3 AM and just say, "It's too early to get out of bed!" and go back to sleep. If I embrace the shift, I'll just start catching up on my pbp games in the wee hours. But it's *so* dark outside then ...

MI70
Scout
Scout

#100 Post by MI70 »

Hope you are doing ok. I don't think I have ever had my sleep cycle just switch that way except for jet lag. 3am is either a really good time or a really bad time to think about Lovecraftian creatures in the dark. :)
One question: does Jed's homicidal mania extend to the attic creature as well as the zombie? If not, he may not rush to the attic.

Return to “Shadows of Yog-Sothoth and beyond - Call of Cthulhu 5E”