Session Strategy

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Session Strategy

#61 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, sorry, mine is partly my fault. I'd rolled something better before the "1", but didn't roll it right (didn't adjust it to be for this character), and so it didn't count. I think it was a "7", maybe? Or a "6"? Either of which would have left me somewhat better off (7 HP instead of 4).

But that's the breaks. I don't mess around with dice rolling karma. It always comes back to haunt you.

Al
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by Nuke66 »

sorry, I am delinquent on Proficiencies and gear, 12 hour day will do that to a guy.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Omega1143 »

No worries. Gives me more prep time. I got alethans PC sheet. Thats the only one I have.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by Alethan »

YES!! :)

I'm NEVER the first one to turn anything in here at work. My boss is always on me to turn in my time sheet and my monthly status report...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:YES!! :)

I'm NEVER the first one to turn anything in here at work. My boss is always on me to turn in my time sheet and my monthly status report...
At least you have your priorities straight, right? ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:I got alethans PC sheet. Thats the only one I have.
I'm getting closer.

While the differences aren't huge, there are still enough little changes between 1E and 2E that progress for me has been slow. Plus, I feel like I'm creating my first magic user, wizard mage ever, so that is slowing me down as well.

The following fields are on the 2E character sheet:
Family
Clan
Birth Rank:
# Siblings:
Home
Patron
Religion
Social Class
Status
Honor
Base Honor

Do we, as players, just randomly make this stuff up, or are their charts/tables that I haven't found yet in the 2E Players Handbook?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#67 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Omega1143 wrote:I got alethans PC sheet. Thats the only one I have.
I'm getting closer.

While the differences aren't huge, there are still enough little changes between 1E and 2E that progress for me has been slow. Plus, I feel like I'm creating my first magic user, wizard mage ever, so that is slowing me down as well.

The following fields are on the 2E character sheet:
Family
Clan
Birth Rank:
# Siblings:
Home
Patron
Religion
Social Class
Status
Honor
Base Honor

Do we, as players, just randomly make this stuff up, or are their charts/tables that I haven't found yet in the 2E Players Handbook?
Some of it you can decide on your own (siblings, family/clan). Some of it, however, can be rolled up randomly.

For instance, there is a chart in the Greyhawk campaign book where you can roll a % die to determine location. You could then, of course, use that information to narrow down a deity, if you so choose to have one.

Not sure about the rest, though.

Ummm... I could try to scan that chart (two, actually, one for humans and one for demi-humans) and post it, if you were interested and if it isn't already on-line somewhere that someone could link to.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Some of it you can decide on your own (siblings, family/clan). Some of it, however, can be rolled up randomly.

For instance, there is a chart in the Greyhawk campaign book where you can roll a % die to determine location. You could then, of course, use that information to narrow down a deity, if you so choose to have one.

Not sure about the rest, though.

Ummm... I could try to scan that chart (two, actually, one for humans and one for demi-humans) and post it, if you were interested and if it isn't already on-line somewhere that someone could link to.
The only thing I have for 2E is the Players Handbook. I don't even have any 1E resources (aside from OSRIC and those shared here), so Greyhawk information is something I'm missing as well.

Exactly how important are these details?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#69 Post by Omega1143 »

It doesn't matter to me how you determine them as long as they fit into greyhawk. If you want help on deciding I will help. Just let me know. They aren't essential to get started except maybe your homeland and religion. The rest can be developed in story.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#70 Post by Alethan »

Like I said... I can scan the random location charts, if you want.

(Alternately, you could just roll a d100 and I could read the region off the chart for you.)

Also, there is a Living Greyhawk wiki, which you might be able to use for location information (once selected) and deity selection, as well.

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

(Edit: Appears Canonfire.com might be having some connection issues atm.)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#71 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:It doesn't matter to me how you determine them as long as they fit into greyhawk. If you want help on deciding I will help. Just let me know. They aren't essential to get started except maybe your homeland and religion. The rest can be developed in story.
I looked through your Maps & Handouts thread and didn't see a location you've detailed thus far that would be suitable starting point for a high elf mage character.
Alethan wrote:(Alternately, you could just roll a d100 and I could read the region off the chart for you.)

Also, there is a Living Greyhawk wiki, which you might be able to use for location information (once selected) and deity selection, as well.

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out once I get home tonight. For the time being, Ethan, can you translate what a 65 would be for a demi-human?

Greyhawk region [1d100] = 65

Thanks,
- Dave
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:(Alternately, you could just roll a d100 and I could read the region off the chart for you.)

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out once I get home tonight. For the time being, Ethan, can you translate what a 65 would be for a demi-human?

Thanks,
- Dave
Will do, Dave!

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#73 Post by Omega1143 »

None are suitable for your elf that I've written about. I will get back to you with a couple. Alethan, if you are ready to do your background go for it. It need not be greyhawk specific if you are unfamiliar. I can fill in the specifics.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by Alethan »

Omega1143 wrote:None are suitable for your elf that I've written about. I will get back to you with a couple. Alethan, if you are ready to do your background go for it. It need not be greyhawk specific if you are unfamiliar. I can fill in the specifics.
Ok. I'll give it a whirl. As previously mentioned, I do have the Greyhawk books, but haven't done more than thumb through them in years, so I might not have all of the details at my fingertips anymore. I'll see what I can come up with, though, and you can fill in the specifics or make any necessary changes!

Thanks, Omega!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#75 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out once I get home tonight. For the time being, Ethan, can you translate what a 65 would be for a demi-human?

Thanks,
- Dave
Dave,

Per pg 32, a roll of 65 places your birth in Veluna.

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Veluna

Seems a high elf from that location would be appropriate.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by Alethan »

Also, if anyone requires a full map of the world of Greyhawk, look here:

http://www.gotbowie.com/arps/old_wogmap/index.htm

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Also, if anyone requires a full map of the world of Greyhawk, look here:

http://www.gotbowie.com/arps/old_wogmap/index.htm
That's an awesome resource. I'm familiar with Greyhawk by name, but I've never actually owned the box set or any other related references. Just by looking at the map I can tell that I was missing out.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:
dmw71 wrote:Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out once I get home tonight. For the time being, Ethan, can you translate what a 65 would be for a demi-human?

Dave,

Per pg 32, a roll of 65 places your birth in Veluna.

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Veluna

Seems a high elf from that location would be appropriate.
Thanks, Ethan!

Heath, does this work for you, or do you have something else in mind for my character?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#79 Post by Omega1143 »

Good find...the time period is set during the wars so the political lines may be a tad different then the map. Only had a second to glance over it so it looks pretty solid. Dave, I'm getting ready to address your PM. It looks like the sheet went through.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#80 Post by Omega1143 »

I will be working on the website this weekend getting PC's and equipment entered. Dave you can start your background whenever. We are getting there :)

Return to “Tavern Tales”