Session Strategy

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session Strategy

#121 Post by Omega1143 »

A MU does not need to re-memorize spells if he did not use them up.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Bandits

#122 Post by dmw71 »

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=619&start=20#p13091

Let's formulate a plan. Something to keep in mind, and our DM can correct me if I'm wrong, but I am guessing that none of the spell casters have received enough sleep and/or had the opportunity to pray/study in order to recover their spells. My impression is that we will be limited to just the spells that were not cast from the previous day.

Confrontation is probably unavoidable. I'm guessing these bandits are not going to be content to just search the courtyard and say, "Oh, look, no one is here." I suspect they will make their way to our location in the tower in relatively short order.

A few random ideas, questions, thoughts:
1) This is probably a question that could/should have been asked previously, but is there a way to go up the tower? If so, we could potentially gain the advantage by fighting from a higher ground, and also prevent them from all attacking us at once.
2) If we do plan on attacking them, we could use the tower to our advantage as well. The opening from the tower into the courtyard would most likely prevent all of us from being able to attack them, but they wouldn't all be able to attack us at the same time, either.
3) An attempt could be made to try and scare them. They have no way of knowing how strong or weak we are. If we were to boldly approach them, threatening them with magic and melee?

Thoughts?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#123 Post by Alethan »

I believe there is nothing left of the stairs but some rubble/crumbled stone.

The one drawback to using the tower entrance is that they don't have to fight us at all, once they know we're in there. They set up a few guards with crossbows, watching the entrance, and wait. Eventually, we starve.

Of course... there are other ways of handling them, should they try that. :) Just have to re-memorize a few spells. I could switch out CLW for Command, then command one of them to "Charge!". Make him charge into the opening, where we can then take him out safely. Repeat. Or... anyway, lots of things open to us if we just think about it.

Oh, hey, are there any arrow slits in the tower? If so, how many of us have bows/ranged weapons that could use them?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#124 Post by Omega1143 »

I will answer everything for you!
I am guessing that none of the spell casters have received enough sleep and/or had the opportunity to pray/study in order to recover their spells. My impression is that we will be limited to just the spells that were not cast from the previous day.
I would go ahead and give Quoros enough sleep to be able to pray for spells. He had about five hours and I don't adhere strictly to the rulebook. I base it on quality and what a human can function on etc. Now buying him time to pray for them is a different issue. Please reference the amount of time needed in the PHB.
1) This is probably a question that could/should have been asked previously, but is there a way to go up the tower? If so, we could potentially gain the advantage by fighting from a higher ground, and also prevent them from all attacking us at once.
No. There are remnants of the steps but they are sections and only go up about 4 feet before they are totally gone.
Oh, hey, are there any arrow slits in the tower?
Yes there are. I have circled them on the map and will post the new map.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by saalaria »

Gandrel has his bow and Colour Spray but of course would have to pull off my leather to cast.

We can only see 5 but there could be more of course

Omega - are there any gaps/slits large enough to get out of to be able to get out of the tower unseen (ie moat-side)?

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#126 Post by Omega1143 »

No, but passing a few dexterity checks coupled with some time to clear out rocks and you may be able to exit via one of the spots on the map in the tower where the rock crumbles are.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#127 Post by saalaria »

Well I think we can only look to move rocks and be noisy once they are sure we are here. So I think we either rush them to get surprise or ambush them from where we are . In both cases we could look to rear attack them by going through the walls once battle underway.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by saalaria »

I think we are running out of time...presumably 5am is full daylight?
Anyone any thoughts?
I think get either side of the door and grab the first one through and silence him...it will then all kick off and we try to rear attack them but there could be more across the moat of course!

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#129 Post by Omega1143 »

It's not full daylight this time of year at 5am. The sun is just coming upon the horizon.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#130 Post by saalaria »

Okay how about Cole and I grab him from either side of the door (think I am to the west)- I stuff Cast's sash in his mouth as we get him. We pull him over to the wider western side where Quoros gives him a smart wrap on the head once he's down. Retrieve sash and reset for Mr Grey/Gray? Get these two out the way then hit the others quickly and hard?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by saalaria »

Omega - what state is the guy on the floor in - dead, unconcious or just lying still with the sash in his mouth?

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#132 Post by Omega1143 »

He is starting to choke on his coughed up blood while the sash is in his mouth. He is almost unconscious.

Return to “Tavern Tales”