Session Strategy

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Session Strategy

#81 Post by saalaria »

I'm aiming to get my sheet finished on saturday - does that fit with what you need Heath?

If I can just figure out how to get macros into the posting..

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#82 Post by Omega1143 »

Sure. No biggy.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#83 Post by Omega1143 »

If you have any pictures of your PC's PM them to me via attachment if possible or give me a link to download.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#84 Post by Omega1143 »

Castien and Quoros are pretty much done on the website. Have a couple minor touchups and backgrounds but other then that they are good to go.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#85 Post by Omega1143 »

Upon receiving your completed PC and their background I will be PMing you with a story backdrop as to why your PC is in the region we are starting in as depicted in the maps & handouts thread. These are to not be shared until we begin and your PC's meet as they will not know one another. Of course you never have to share them if you don't want to. Dave I may have you yours by tonight as your PC is finished.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#86 Post by Alethan »

How is everyone else doing with their PC creation? Anyone need to talk anything out or stuck on something the rest of us could help with?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by saalaria »

Hey Ethan
Love it - you are gagging to get going!...I could do with a place to come from please. Could you roll for me?
Thanks

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#88 Post by Alethan »

Not really gagging for it... ;) But it's been a bit quiet, so... just part of my "keep-things-active-in-order-to-keep-things-active" lead by example protocol.

Sure, I can do a quick roll for you and look it up tonight!

Or... you could always just play off of Dave's roll and use that for your origination, as well. Maybe play up an existing friendship or kinship or some such thing.

I'll do the former to give you an option, though...

Location roll for Salaaria [1d100] = 80

I will look that up tonight and get some details over to ya, brother.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Or... you could always just play off of Dave's roll and use that for your origination, as well. Maybe play up an existing friendship or kinship or some such thing.
Seeing as how Gandrel is also a high elf mage (albeit with some thieving tendencies), Veluna wouldn't be a bad place to start. It seems like a large enough place where we could know each other or not.

Speaking of which, feel free to borrow from my background if you haven't already begun yours. Perhaps Gandrel, too, could know Ritoluin Pathmagus (a completely fictitious NPC).

- Dave
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote:Not really gagging for it... ;) But it's been a bit quiet, so... just part of my "keep-things-active-in-order-to-keep-things-active" lead by example protocol.

Sure, I can do a quick roll for you and look it up tonight!

Or... you could always just play off of Dave's roll and use that for your origination, as well. Maybe play up an existing friendship or kinship or some such thing.

I'll do the former to give you an option, though...

Location roll for Salaaria [1d100] = 80

I will look that up tonight and get some details over to ya, brother.
Alright, good sir, here you go:

Roll of 80 puts your character in the Gamboge Forest.

*sigh* It appears the Greyhawk Wiki that was on Canonfire.com is no longer running. At least, it hasn't been up the last few times I've tried it.

So... I'll type it out from the book. Here goes.

Gamboge Forest
Population: 7,000
Demi-humans: Sylvan Elves (11,000), Gnomes (3,000), High Elves (1,500), Halflings
Humanoids (e.g. goblins, orcs, bugbears): Some

The Gamboge lies between Nyrond and the Pale, east of Midmeadow Town along the Flinty Hills and the Lower Rakers. It is an old and especially dense forest. Neither state has a certain claim to the place, so it is virtually an independent nation unto itself, and its folk treat and trade with the gnomes, halflings, and even the dwarves to the east in the hills and mountains. Although there is no love for the Kingdom of Nyrond, the Gambogefolk regard it far more favorably than they do the Pale, so allegiances is typically sworn to Nyrond and the arms of the kingdom are occasionally shown within the forest to prevent any takeover by minions of the Theocrat. It is rumored that the demi-humans (and humankind, too) within the region are seeking to ally with their fellows in the Flinty Hills and create a demi-human realm, but this is highly doubtful due to the thread of the humanoid hordes and the Overking. The Gamboge is sometimes a dangerous place, as humanoid bands and monsters from the mountains use it as a route in their excursions to pillage the territory roundabout.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by Nuke66 »

I suck at greyhawk backgrounds....

The whole 'low magic' deal has never interested me too much, but don't get mr wrong, I AM looking forward to this.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#92 Post by Alethan »

Nuke66 wrote:I suck at greyhawk backgrounds....

The whole 'low magic' deal has never interested me too much, but don't get mr wrong, I AM looking forward to this.
Well, if you want a starting point, here you go...

birthplace roll for Nuke's character [1d100] = 45

That would put you in Sunndi.

Again, the wiki isn't working, so here is the information for that region:

Sunndi, County of; Member of the Iron League
His Brilliant Lordship, Count Hazendel of Sunndi; Olvensteward of the South

Capital: Pitchfield (3,600)
Population: 60,000
Demi-humans:
- Gray Elves (7,000)
- Mountain Dwarves (3,000+)
- Gnomes (2,000+)
Humanoids: Some (See Vast Swamp)
Resources: electrum, platinum, gems (II, IV)

The County of Sunndi was once a fief within a fief, being granted to a loyal peer of the Overking's Herzog of the South Province of the Great Kingdom. After a long period of oppressive taxation, maltreatment by royal troops and those of the Herzog, as well, and harrying of its demi-human inhabitants, the nobles of human and non-human folk in the area joined the general uprising against Aerdian rule, and in 455 CY became a part of teh Iron League. The county is well protected by natural barriers which enable it to be defended - the dense Rieuwood and hills to the east and west. The neck of the Tilvanot Peninsula below Sunndi is corked with a great, semi-salt swamp (This is a mixed blessing, as there are numbers of very unpleasant creatures dwelling therein.) The county benefits both from its natural resources (including agriculture) and from trade - overland with Idee, by sea with Duxchan. It is threatened continually, however, from the north by the Herzog's legions, from the east by the forces of the Holy Censor of Medegia, and by the Sea Barons along its coasts. Sunnd troops are always in arms - human and dwarven contingents in the Glorioles, human and gnome companies guarding the eastern hills, human and elven foresters ranging the northern woodlands. The Sunnd hillmen employ slings and morningstars, while the men of the interior prefer crossbows and bardiches. Except for the nobles and their equerries, Sunnd horse is medium or light, and not numerous in any event for they rely upon their confederates to the west (Idee) to provide cavalry.

But, again, you could always claim High Elf status and pull a history together, interweaving it with one of the other elves.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by saalaria »

Thanks Ethan - much appreciated...

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#94 Post by Omega1143 »

Nuke, it doesnt have to be very specific to be good. Look at alethans on the website.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#95 Post by Alethan »

Omega1143 wrote:Nuke, it doesnt have to be very specific to be good. Look at alethans on the website.
Thanks!

It was fun to try and write up a whole scene with just my character doing the dialog.

I was going for a bit of nuance there - insight into his life without coming right out and saying it all. Quoros is in the Chapeaux Order of St. Cuthbert (hence the tartan cap) and they seek to convert people to the faith. Obviously, he's not terribly good at it yet... maybe that will improve with time. :) He'll keep trying, though! (Not to the point of being obnoxious to the rest of the party, obviously...)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by Alethan »

Bah. I have a typo in the background, Omega. :( Towards the very end... have "had" instead of "hat". Any chance you can fix for me? Sorry, I thought I had it all proofed. Guess I missed that one.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#97 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:Look at alethans on the website.
For as much as Ethan loves to generate new characters, I enjoy it as well because his backgrounds are always so cool!

I never (ever!) did character backgrounds until a few months ago when I started to play AD&D again after a long absence, but now it's a process I really enjoy. While I don't have Ethan's creativity, I do find a decent background to make a character that much more fun to play.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#98 Post by Omega1143 »

Xax you still with us?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#99 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Omega1143 wrote:Look at alethans on the website.
For as much as Ethan loves to generate new characters, I enjoy it as well because his backgrounds are always so cool!

I never (ever!) did character backgrounds until a few months ago when I started to play AD&D again after a long absence, but now it's a process I really enjoy. While I don't have Ethan's creativity, I do find a decent background to make a character that much more fun to play.
I enjoy the background writing, as well. Sometimes it takes a while to find the spark that is the basis of the writing, though. I usually just need one little hook and it takes off from there...

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by Xaxyx »

Sorry. I'll have a character sheet for you tonight.

Return to “Tavern Tales”