Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Prologue

#1 Post by Omega1143 »

Prologue 0.1 (N/A)
579 CY, Goodmonth 9 (7:00pm)
53h/33l, 10mph

"And so it begins...again..."

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 4/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian - ; Ausus - ; Quoros - ; Karalquint - ; Gandrel -
MO:
Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 1/1 ; Quoros - 1: 3/3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Prologue

#2 Post by Omega1143 »

Prologue 0.1 (Adventuring)
579 CY, Goodmonth 9 (9:30pm)
53h/33l, 10mph

"A pleasure to meet you, Karalquint." replies Castien in elven. He collects his staff and previously ordered water before joining Karalquint at his table.

Switching to the common tongue: "I suspect you're like me and do not call Hommlet home. So, what brings you here, friend?"

Before Karalquint can answer another elf approaches the table dressed in a cloak and carrying a backpack. "Well met fellows, can I join you?," he greets in elven tongue.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 4/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian - ; Ausus - ; Quoros - ; Karalquint - ; Gandrel -
MO:
Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 1/1 ; Quoros - 1: 3/3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:Before Karalquint can answer another elf approaches the table dressed in a cloak and carrying a backpack. "Well met fellows, can I join you?," he greets in elven tongue.
Castien casts a brief look at Karalquint, but quickly welcomes their new guest. Also in elven: "But of course, my friend. This-" motioning towards Karalquint "- is Karalquint." Castien turns to face this new stranger and extends his hand in greeting. "You can call me Castien."

"And who may you be?"
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by saalaria »

"I am Gandrel Fairburn from Verbobonc, a wanderer in these lands. It seems we are in the same situation judging from what you just said before I hailed you. Have you learnt much about these parts yet? I must confess I came into Hommlet just 5 minutes ago so know very little."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:"I am Gandrel Fairburn from Verbobonc, a wanderer in these lands. It seems we are in the same situation judging from what you just said before I hailed you. Have you learnt much about these parts yet? I must confess I came into Hommlet just 5 minutes ago so know very little."
"Well met, Gandrel."

Switching to speaking in the common tongue: "I can't speak for Karalquint here, seeing as how he and I have only just been acquainted, but I have been in Hommlet a short time myself. In fact, this inn is my first stop. The dust from the trails was causing me issues and I sought refuge somewhere where I could get a drink." He lifts his half-empty glass of sparkling water.

"So, Gandrel, Karalquint, what brings you each to Hommlet?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

"From the looks of it," interjects a red-bearded dwarf in a tartan hat, smoothly saddling up to the table, "and I know what 'it' looks like, believe me, I'd say these two are in need of a bit of coin. But you..." He frowns a bit as he stares at the elf who was speaking, "Ah... you're looking for knowledge. And maybe a bit of adventure!"

"Personally, I feel the pull of the good St. Cuthbert himself to put my abilities and specific skills to use in ridding this land of evil." He pauses. "And... I'm damned near flat broke. But I have a proposition for the three of you that will put us all in a better light, if you're interested..."

He stops rather abruptly.

"Er... sorry, the name's Quoros. Quoros Spiritforged. And my cudgel is at your service."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"From the looks of it," interjects a red-bearded dwarf in a tartan hat, smoothly saddling up to the table, "and I know what 'it' looks like, believe me, I'd say these two are in need of a bit of coin. But you..." He frowns a bit as he stares at the elf who was speaking, "Ah... you're looking for knowledge. And maybe a bit of adventure!"
"Castien Larenthalryl here." Extends hand in greeting, and nods pointedly as he continues: "I wasn't aware your St. Cuthbert granted the gift of telepathy."
But I have a proposition for the three of you that will put us all in a better light, if you're interested..."[/dialog]
"A proposition, you say? Please, do share."
-- Project --
-- DM --

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by saalaria »

In Common :
"Unfortunately you are correct Master Spiritforged - I am fearfully short of coin. I am of the same view as Castien - always interested in a proposition! Pray tell of what you are have to offer?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by Alethan »

"Telepathy?? No, my lofty friend, nothing of the sort! Just some good ol' fashioned deduction. I would reveal my secrets, but... anyway, the proposition!"

He continues in a hushed tone, "I met a man earlier this evening, right here in this fine establishment, who needed some help. Our bartender over there, Ostler, said he was asking for directions to the Temple of St. Cuthbert, to look for assistance, which leads me to believe he's on the up-and-up. He wouldn't offer much by way of details, except to say that he could use a healer of sorts (yours truly) and some swords (you lot) and... a lot of closed lips. And that we might not even be needed at all, but he wanted us there, just in case. He didn't offer anything so much as pay, other than to say anything left without an owner, by way of his noble and lofty deeds, could find itself in our possession without argument by him. (In other words, we get to keep what we find.)"

"Now... I won't argue that there might be some danger in meeting with this man tomorrow evening shortly before dusk (about 6:00 or so), but... as I said before, my pouch is about as bare as the top of my head, and I'd rather take a chance here than chance sleeping on the street when I can't rub two silvers together for a room at the inn."

"What say you, fine elven folk? I know you have the need. But do you have the interest?"

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by saalaria »

"Interesting proposition master dwarf but first where do you hail from and how do you find yourself in Hommlet?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by Alethan »

"Ah, Master Gandrel, my life thus far harbors no secrets! I was born near Haverhill, in the Principality of Ulek. But for many years now, I've lived in the capital, Gryrax." He shakes his head from side to side. "My ancestral hatred of water be damned! I do love the smell of the salty air. And those waters are as clear and blue as the finest sapphire..." he trails off, with a glazed look to his eye.

He blinks his eyes and clears his throat, "Ah... as I'm sure you all know, our neighbors to the east aren't particularly fond of us, them being hell bent on the total domination of the land, and us being hell bent on stopping them. Some day, we'll take all of that land back and clear those buggers out. And I'll be able to stand on that point of land there, what separates the Azure Sea and the Sea of Gearnat, and watch the sun rise up out of the water. And I'll have a great temple to St. Cuthbert right there and every morning we'll watch that sunrise and our prayers will be loud and extoll the victories we have made against all that is evil and chaotic..."

He stops speaking and glances at the three elves when he realizes what he's been going on about.

"But... that could just be some dream I came up with when I got a bit of bad longleaf in my pipe bowl one time." He sighs. "Had to throw that pipe out, I did. Damned thing never smoked properly again..."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

"What was the second part of that question," he asks Gandrel. "Ah, right, what brings me here... Well, pipe dream or not, I do plan on building a temple somewhere (all a part of my 100 year plan, to be sure), and I need to start gathering up the coin for such a venture. I heard there were some troubles around this area and thought I'd head this way to see if I could help suppress the trouble and earn some much needed coin in the process."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by saalaria »

"Very interesting - so you are after some adventure too. Well I have had quite a lot myself. I was born in Veluna and then taken to Verbobonc as a child when my parents were killed by orcs..." Pauses and spits on the floor.
"..Where I fell into a few different jobs but primarily I was seeking the means to gain vengence for my parents. My mentor in Verbobonc has given me much knowledge of that foul race such as their customs, language and the likely whereabouts of the tribe that was responsible. I was following a lead to village hereabouts called Nulb - which I believe is not too far - but I think further equipment and experience would be highly beneficial to me before I attempt to follow that path. Therefore I am also keen to seek adventure and the rewards that follow."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Nuke66 »

OOC: Sorry gents, you guys carried on a bit before I could post, so here goes.
Omega1143 wrote:"A pleasure to meet you, Karalquint." replies Castien in elven. He collects his staff and previously ordered water before joining Karalquint at his table.

Switching to the common tongue: "I suspect you're like me and do not call Hommlet home. So, what brings you here, friend?"

Before Karalquint can answer another elf approaches the table dressed in a cloak and carrying a backpack. "Well met fellows, can I join you?," he greets in elven tongue.
"True, just passing through here, just walked in." He leans back in his chair a bit.

As the verbose dwarf approaches and begins his speech, Karl listens intently. While not quite so broke, he could use some coin in his purse as well.

"I was kinda heading for Gryrax, but I could be distracted for a bit I presume."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:He wouldn't offer much by way of details, except to say that he could use a healer of sorts (yours truly) and some swords (you lot) and... a lot of closed lips.
"I have not the power to heal, nor do I wield a sword, but I'll make not secret of my motives: I seek magic and wealth, in any form." Castien considers his last statement. "Fear not. I am not greedy; simply desirous."

"May there be enough for all! Count me in."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by Alethan »

Nuke66 wrote:OOC: Sorry gents, you guys carried on a bit before I could post, so here goes.
Apologies, Nuke. Will dial it down just a tad. :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:I have not the power to heal, nor do I wield a sword, but I'll make not secret of my motives: I seek magic and wealth, in any form.[/dialog]" Castien considers his last statement. "Fear not. I am not greedy; simply desirous."

"May there be enough for all! Count me in."
"Gryrax, is it, Master Karl? (You don't mind if I call you Karl, do you?) A fine city! Maybe I'll take you there, myself, once we've had our fill of this area!

Quoros leans back in his chair and tugs at his beard. "Yes, I do not doubt you would be of great use, even without the sword, Castien. Still, it might not be a bad idea to try and find one or two more who can wield a blade."

He looks around for a likely candidate.

"If we cannot find anyone tonight, then maybe tomorrow morning will shed new light on our issue."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by saalaria »

"Castien what brings you to Hommlet?" Asks Gandrel, whilst also looking around at the other patrons, trying to ascertain if any are likely to be swordsmen. However he will switch his full attention to Castien once he starts speaking.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

"Oi!" Quoros sits up with a start.

"That lad there's got a right big sword..." he whispers, nodding at the man sitting on his own, a giant two-handed sword leaning against the chair next to him. "And he looks like he could use some coin," he adds, noticing the hide armour sitting on the same chair...

"What do you think? One more for luck? Five fingers makes for a better fist than four..."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:"Castien what brings you to Hommlet?"
"Friend Gandrel, I am on my way to Celene. More precisely, I am to make my way to Enstad, the capital city of Celene, where I am to meet with a high ranking member of the wizard's guild to continue my education."

Castien considers the group now sitting at the table and believes them to be formidable collection of talent.

"Education." He pauses. "Most of my life has been committed to formal study -- by my own choice, mind you -- but there will be plenty of time for that. However, beyond just the prospect of attaining some wealth, I see where a little adventure could be of great benefit in my development."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Tavern Tales”