(CLOSED) OOC 2

Antman9
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC 2

#41 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I hate it, it's gross and I want nothing to do with this tranwreck

As I tell you to your face every time we talk about the game I love it. The dynamic world is always a blast to discover and the effort made in each of the NPC's makes it feel like I'm not just conversing with a quest giver or cannon fodder but an actual person with a personality, something that I can grow to like or dislike.

The group we've assembled here makes the game fantastic, the amount of diversity in the group adds an unpredictable value to any adventure so we never really know what the other members will do which, in my opinion, adds an enjoyable amount of creative response and thinking for each of my characters actions.

all in all I think you're doing a good job and the only complaints I ever have are when you have to go on a hiatus because of school.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by Antman9 »

Thanks MW. As always you never fail to give me your absolute, unfiltered, honest opinion. I wouldn't have it any other way.

:D
Thanks
Antman9
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by MonkeyWrench »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Rakjak

Rakjak stares at Gavin for a moment, his head titled to the side as he looks the old and worn knight over for a moment bravest knight he's ever seen in his short little life and says, "You brave knight. Rakjak see great man in you." After a few seconds Rakjak gives a lazy respectful grin and dons his pack once again. He steps in line next to Zirus, he stares up at the lizard man with his casually joyous look, cackling to some unseen joke.

It wasn't me
I am outraged! Such slander and defamation of Rakjaks character!!

I howl at the moon over this!! HoowwwwooO!!!!!!!!!!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Antman9 »

Whatever do you mean MW?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by MonkeyWrench »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Kel nods "Indeed axe chop." he agrees with the little kobold chef. Then smiles as if to say I know how to chop well little friend.
My Gnoll takes offense to that!

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by thesniperknight1 »

to be fair to Kel, he is a giant, Gnolls look like kobolds to him
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

True your all small animals to me
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Antman9 »

Hey all,

Just wanted to touch base and keep everyone up to date. I've been fighting a trifecta of torture the past two weeks (augmentin resistant sinus infection + pneumonia + non-chronic asthma). I went back to the doc today and got three more weeks of a stronger antibiotic.

I'm also on my last three weeks of school, hopefully for good. It's been a tough semester. So please bear with me for a few more weeks and we will get this campaign back on its feet.

I should be able to get a post in tomorrow.

Thanks
Antman9 (Marc)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Dram »

Okay thank you for the update.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by Antman9 »

All,

I was not able to get a post in last Friday, long day at work, and I wasn't feeling very well over the weekend.

Feeling pretty shitty today as well, but I wanted to take the time and discuss something with you guys. I know my work/school schedule has made my posts a bit erratic and less than ideal of late (as far as quality), and my assumption is that has led to a lack of interest on your part.

So I want to gauge your interest in this campaign. It seems as though some folks aren't all too interested in the direction of the campaign so far (gauged by posting rate and content). I'm OK with that, if it is in fact the case. I just don't want to keeping trying to push forward if it is the case. I'd rather move on to one or two other areas I personally have more interest in. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this campaign and rule set, but if no one else does then I'd like to do something else.

I have a couple of other things, the Volsunga Chronicles campaign I started last year for starters, that I really want to work on. I seem to be gradually moving toward the Original D&D (0e) style of playing, and have a strong interest to get the Volsunga Campaign up and running again using that rule set. I also want to develop an Adventurers Guild of sorts, where players go on short dungeon crawls and can jump in and out as they have time or interest (something I'm working on for my by-weekly tabletop sessions).

So basically, give me a vote, YES/NO, if you still have an interest/desire to keep this campaign up and running. I will be finished with school, for good, here in a couple of weeks, and at that point I will have a considerable amount of time to focus on D&D. In the event that we keep this campaign going, I have a few ideas, plot twists, and evil side campaign ideas to make it more lively. Should you vote NO, I will have no hard feelings, whatsoever. Please be honest for everyone's sake, and by all means please don't be afraid to speaking your mind. I value honesty above all else.

Thanks
Antman9 (Marc)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I will be casting my vote in the [YES] category. I have always have fun with this setting, something that I have played with you in for the better part of 3-4 years now as you've molded it and changed it.

The problem that has always been the case, and has been the driving factor for most players loss of interest, is the time factor. Real life takes precedent over the game, this is a bitter fact that we've all had to swallow. So while I don't believe anyone is angry with you about that it's also true that no one wants to play a stagnant game. Waiting for school to be finished and having actual time to devote to the game will solve most, if not all, of the problems that I see happening right now.

And if people truly have just lost interest and are deciding to not play anymore then that's what the looking for players thread is for, a new influx of players that come in with a DM and Group with time to put into the game will be a nice reset.

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah what MW said ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#53 Post by thesniperknight1 »

definitely agree :) YES for me too
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Dram »

It is a Yes for me also. As I have said to many DM's before RL come first. It is just the DM's that leave with no explanation that makes things tough you always post for new players.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by Antman9 »

All,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your responses...The last 8 weeks of class were horrendous, to the extreme. 8 weeks of antibiotic sinus infection, pneumonia, and severe asthma, combined with Latin 102 and my final English seminar paper damn near killed me. Just now feeling better (sure, now that school is all done :x ).

Anywho, for those of you still on board, thanks, and look for a post in the next 48 hours. I need to re-familiarize myself with the campaign and get ready for the next few events.

Thanks,
Antman9 (Marc)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by Antman9 »

Still waiting to hear back from thesniperknight1 and Dram. They may have gotten busy with other games. I'm gonna give them another day or two then, if I haven't heard from them, I will make an LFP post before we move too far forward. I will make a summary post in the main thread later tonight so we have a fresh start.

Thanks
Antman9 (Marc)

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

okie dokie Antman :P

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Dram »

Sorry for the delay it has been a crazy couple of days.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Antman9 »

Not a problem Dram, we werent getting too excited. Glad to have you on board still. And thanks again for your patience.

Antman9 (Marc)

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Sorry, I am here as well

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”