Interlude 3: Operation Rescue

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Interlude 3: Operation Rescue

#81 Post by kalstone »

At first, Solaine pulls away. Seeing they mean no harm, she takes off her blouse herself. Let's see what these girls think of the damage, she thinks, smirking as she reveals the horrible scarring down her side.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by drpete »

The acolytes are clearly trying to be helpful and kind, but they give Solaine sad, somewhat horrified looks as they see the damage that has been done to her. Though the prayers that have been said over her have closed the wounds themselves, Solaine's chest remains discolored and partially caved in.

The girls are clearly not physicians, but their gentle hands ease Solaine into the baths, and they wash her gently, being careful to avoid hurting her as much as possible. As Solaine soaks, the girls light braziers which fill the room with a pleasant smoke, and there is gentle chanting and singing going on somewhere nearby. After a while in the relaxing bath, Solaine becomes drowsy, and drifts off to sleep. Her mind swirls with warm thoughts, forgotten dreams of family and of wealth, the celebration of the birth of a child, dreams of plenty and satisfaction.

She is awakened by the tinkling of little bells. The girls help her out of the bath, dry her, and dress her. She feels much better, and seems to be fully restored to health, with a feeling of infinite possibility and potential.

All of the negative effects of the mortal wound are gone.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by kalstone »

Solaine whispers thanks to Tyche, dresses and rejoins the party.

She thanks Morna profusely. "I will fulfill what I have promised you." She pauses for a bit. "I have to say, though, that what you have told me is disturbing. If his followers find something in Dwimmermount and claim it is Termax resurrected, it would be disastrous."

She turns to the rest of the party. She hesitates, then says. "I am in your debt in more ways than one. I vow that I will not rest until I have repaid all of the money you spent here. I also owe you my life." She looks down at the floor. "I do not know how I can ever repay that debt."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr chuckles.

"You're most welcome, lass. No repayment necessary as far as I'm concerned, though I'm just one vote. We should divide up the remainder of what we have so that the others can make purchases before we leave. Did Randolpho say he might be able to find a buyer for the other... thing? We should look into that before we leave the city."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#85 Post by barkman »

"Oh yes, I think my old mentor might be interested in the items, or willing to act as a factor to us, maybe even if we start shipping things back to him and then into the market" Randolpho is clearly excited about the possibiliy.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#86 Post by kalstone »

Solaine shudders, "The sooner we're rid of it the better."

She thinks for a bit, "Now that I'm back to my old self, I think I'll confront the next beggar I see tailing me and see if I can convince them to tell me what's going on."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr rolls his eyes somewhat dramatically.

"That's the spirit!"
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#88 Post by barkman »

"Just remember you're not as heavily armed and amoured as we are in the mountain, probably best to be respectful to the beggars. I might be able to ask what's goin' on, and why you're being followed"

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by kalstone »

Solaine gives a mock sigh. "Well, if you want to do it the boring way. I was going to offer them gold before I roughed them up, though."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Oh. Well that's ok, then."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by drpete »

So, if you'd like to contact any of your contacts, or just interact with a random beggar, let me know the specific idea... :)

After the visit to the Temple, you head back to your room to consider your next move. As you are walking, celebrating Solaine's recovery, you notice Emm and Audi a bit off to one side. Emm looks a little sour about something, and Audi is comforting her... patting her on the back and speaking in a comforting tone. They're a bit far away for you to hear what's going on, but it's clear that something is bothering Emm.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Zorroroaster »

Ok, I'll bite. :lol:

Torgyr moves closer to the two women and gently asks, "Is everything ok?"

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by drpete »

LOL, ok

Audi glances at Emm, uncertainly, then confides in Torgyr. "Well, we're happy that the party has had the luck it's had. It's wonderful! Please, don't misunderstand. But... You see, we feel... Emm more than me, though I agree... we feel that now that there's more money, well..."

"We want a raise."
They went up a level :)

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#94 Post by kalstone »

Solaine laughs. "Ha, Ranulf! More money, more problems."

To Audi and Em, she says, "Good for you. Demand what you're worth."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by drpete »

Emm and Audi smile and nod at Solaine. "Yeah, we'll do that!"

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#96 Post by barkman »

"It is only fair that we share the wealth, they did help us recover it. Did you want to be paid out now, or wait and see what we can get for the scarab and the other pieces?"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Name your price, ladies. You've certainly earned it thus far."

Lets see about selling the other items if possible.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#98 Post by Lamech »

Zorroroaster wrote:Torgyr chuckles.

"You're most welcome, lass. No repayment necessary as far as I'm concerned, though I'm just one vote. We should divide up the remainder of what we have so that the others can make purchases before we leave. Did Randolpho say he might be able to find a buyer for the other... thing? We should look into that before we leave the city."
I'm not sure if Steel is near, but he'll be firmly against repayment. Treatment for injuries while adventuring is just part of the standard healthcare plan. Comes out of the loot before being divided up.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by kalstone »

Solaine thinks a bit. To Audi and Em, she says, "If you feel you are unappreciated in your current position, I would be happy to accept you into the service of Mavors. You two have more than demonstrated your worth in battle. It would be an honor to continue to fight alongside you. Just be warned, Mavors' service is often harsh, but probably involves less leering than your current position."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by drpete »

Audi and Emm are happy about Solaine's offer, and agree to come work for her, in order to continue in the exploration of Dwimmermount. It seems that Brother Galen has been recalled to do work at the Temple. Ranulf has turned somewhat surly and distant, and seems bent on gambling and drinking his share of the fortune away.

Ok, so if you're still up for playing, give a holler, and let me know what you want to do. Randolpho had an idea to try to unload some magic items on his former mentor. Do you want to pursue that, the spies, the cult, or anything else in Adamas, or would you like to head back to Muntburg and Dwimmermount?

I'm going to try to bring in some new blood, so we're retiring Ranulf and Galen (unless they show up soon). Thank you for bearing with me over the last couple of weeks. I know that interest and enthusiasm can drop after a gap like that, so I hope we can get things back off the ground!

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”