The Alchemist Lab

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Alchemist Lab

#61 Post by tooleychris »

The cave is a bit of a tight fit for everyone but Ruken. Crawling on hands and knees the smell of decay is strong the deeper in you crawl. Soon it becomes quite dark and while the elves night vision and the dwarves earthsense ability allow you to navigate, finer details escape you.
A few minutes in deeper and the soil becomes soggy and slick. The smell is almost nauseating. You start to crawl across what feels like sticks...or bones.

(I'll need a marching (crawling) order please.)

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim will quickly pocket what he feels is valuable and then follow the others into the cave.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Follows Ruken in the cave. Lets listen first before we move in too far.

Listen(27%)
% roll[1d100] = 13
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm tries to squeeze in as best he can.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios goes in front, peeking at the sad Ruken trailing in the back and ponders how he could lift his spirits, "You might not be the strongest but you are wise, how about appointing you the leader of our group? Kings don't fight in wars after all, they simply make the decision of wether the army goes into battle or not, so I nominate you as our new leader, how does everyone else feel about this?", he thinks of his analogy for a second, "Well, I didn't mean leader as in the sense of dictatorship but simply a fair judge to distribute loot and a decision maker when there is dispute about something"

He navigates through the cave slowly but surely to avoid getting caught off guard.

How well can I see given the fact that I am an elf with dark vision?
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#66 Post by Tyrion »

He seems a honest fellow I have no problem with him being the leader of our group,

GreyWolfVT

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "I aint got no interest in leadin, just puttin that out there right now. So dun anyone even think of suggestin it. If it were me I'd have said the odd speakin feller that went back ta the farm."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Dram »

Seeing Eirenioas is taking the lead into the cave. Beware I do hear movement within. It moves lightly, it may know tat we are entering.Hearing the talk of a leader. Ruken shall make a fine leader.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by Blazeguard »

Bringing up the rear, Thorgrim only catches bits and pieces of the conversation. "Leader? I don't wanna be no leader. Well, unless you mean first into battle. Give me some orcs or goblins to sharpen my axe on and I'll leave the leadin' to someone else."

Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#70 Post by Tyrion »

Following Erinoias into the caveWell I usually vote strictly by beard length which Ruken seems to be lacking in but if this be up for a vote he has mine.

GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "His inner beard is long, that er yah could just go by nose length." the dwarf jokes.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rukellian »

"Nose length is a serious business and should not be taken lightly," says Ruken in a gravely serious tone. After staring down the person who brought such measurements into the equation, a smile breaks through as he tries his best to hold in a loud laugh.

"We all came to this island of our own accord, each of us our own 'leader'. I shall not want to change that for the sake of lifting spirits alone. We work well enough as a group and the role of leader has switched multiple times already, depending on the situations we find ourselves in; however, if you would all still like to hear my opinion on things from time to time, I will be happy to share."

Ruken will be somewhere towards the middle of the crawling line. Does the pathway rise any in height as we progress, or is it a crawl for most of the group?
"Such quarters do not give much room for weapon swinging, not safely anyways. I hope we find a larger enclosure soon enough." The gnome's voice sounds nervous, or at the least, cautious. "The creatures we fought will surely have the advantage here. Does anyone have any shields that can be raised?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Aye nose an beard length are serious deals. Shield yah I've been carryin one fer a while."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by tooleychris »

The crawl space remains very much that. A crawl space only a few feet high and wide, descending at a slight angle.
Both the dwarves and the gnome recognize that this cave, the troll lair from earlier, and the wyvern nest were of limestone. A mountain of such is notorious for having many and often complex cave systems.
The lighting becomes reduced to almost zero as the entrance disappears behind you, nearly blinding Eirenaios and Craxzus. While the gnome can still make out the heat patterns of his comrads, he sees little else. The dwarves start to feel vibrations in the air around them that does not come from the party. Something is moving in the darkness ahead, and while they cannot tell what it is, it seems rather small. Perhaps rats, though no squeeking is heard.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Rukellian »

"I would feel more comfortable with a torch to light our way. Permission to do so?"
Hearing Throm in the back of the crawl line saying he has a shield, Ruken says to the group in a prompt manner: "If we are to continue traveling in a small enclosure like this, it would be in our best interest I think to have the lead crawler make use of a shield, especially if we are to traverse in darkness. Most of us being on our hands and knees, it will be hard to evade any frontal attacks if we cannot move easily from one side to another."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#76 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"Great idea! Will the shield man please take point?", Eirenaios moves back to give room for others to squeeze in past him

"If anyone has a torch then they should light it, this darkness is unsettling"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Very well. Remeber though if a fight be comin I'll have ta use tha torch as a club can't carry me shield an hammer an a torch yah know."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Pulls a torch from his back and lights it. Very well Throm I will hand it up to you if there is trouble.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by tooleychris »

Throm squeezes and maneuvers his way to the front of the group as Craxzus pulls a torch and put flint to steel. Sparks begin to ignite and Craxzus fuels the flame blowing lightly until it shoots up in flame illuminating the cave.
As everyones eyes adjust you begin to see you are climbing through pieces of bones and a greenish slime that can only be the beasts excrement.
Crawling further, with shield at the ready, the cave does open up somewhat into a potato shaped room with no other exits. The ceiling rises to 4' high, giving some room to stand, some sit up. There are bits of bone and decayed meat littering the place....also something squirms in the muck...disturbing the debris just enough to know it's alive but hard to pinpoint.
Search checks please, or other actions.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rukellian »

Search Check 46% [1d100] = 78

Ruken strains his eyes amongst the heaps of disgusting debris, the poor lighting and sheer messiness makes it hard to see apparently. "Did you all see that? Just now, what was it, I could of swore I saw something... maybe?" Ruken hugs one of the walls behind him and pulls out his pick axe, just in case the worst of his imagination comes to fruition.

Return to “Silverymoon”