Chapter 6c - The Inspection and Aftermath

AleBelly
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 6c - The Inspection and Aftermath

#101 Post by Storm11 »

"That would be Sev. He had little good to say about you guys, but as a holy man he seemed to think your gang wasn't pious or trustworthy enough. As a keeper of the balance I am not as concerned about such things. My nature magic is quite formidable, and I am quite proficient in the use of sling and scimitar. Fluffy here is a great guard dog and companion of mine. Halflings as I am sure you k is are quite resistant to magics and poisons and are stealthy and nimble." he looks at the other halfling in a tentative pleading way and offers a smile.
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion speaks up,
"Misfits? I dont think all of you are misfits. Just a few... But, together we are like a well-seasoned theater troupe. Name's Dandelion.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Zhym »

"Two little druids?" marvels Angus. "We're getting crunchier by the day, ain't we? Welcome to the motley crew."

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#104 Post by enn.in.me »

"I remember this story of this druid couple that had a big fight and stopped speaking to each other--but after a while they started sending little animals back and forth with messages, 'Tell him I'm not speaking to him, but his berries have finished drying and I need to use the kitchen.' They started sending squirrels and such like but eventually were sending skunks, and porcupines and finally one they both had to up and leave. Too much animal stink. A few hours later, they ran into each other at a local fishing hole and, huh? Oh yeah anyway, Sev said we weren't pious enough, huh? Well bless his little paladin soul."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote:When they get back to the cottage, ...
Storm11 wrote:"So you are after orc's are you? I heard what was said at the town square."
Just clarifying - the "what do we do next" conversation was at the cottage, not the town square. The irate townsfolk did talk loudly of Orcs, requesting Hyde go after them, though, so the comment is still valid, based on that.

Hellebore narrows her eyes. She circles Tempus slowly, looking him over from head to toe, toe to head, and sniffing him experimentally. Finally, she nods. "Syyva mentioned you. Rare, hobbits able to feel the earth." She looks around at the others. "Hyde, honest and brave, if you see past his teeth. That's Ilfirien, the elf-bitch. Might have manners if she ever had met another elf. She's obnoxious, usually, and stole from us all once, but I think we're over it.... She is amazing to watch in battle." Then, ticking through the others, each statement said as if it is self-explanatory as she introduces them. "Angus is true and belongs to the wood. Yenny is wise and clever as gnomes go; heed her words. Chet, well, is the only Monk I know, so I can't compare him. If he's the example, I like Monks quite a bit. Arnulf... has potential. He hadn't gone insane when we found him locked in a cage, so he has more grit than shows. Dandelion and Galan are new, but acquit themselves well, as I'm sure you will. Didn't blame Sev. Not much Piety to be found." She looks them over, her words plainly spoken.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Storm11 »

The hobbit bows low to one and all in greeting, green robes billowing and blonde dreadlocks sweeping the floor as he does so.

"It's good to be meeting you all and no mistake. And find it is to meet a mistress of the order and one of my own kin to boot. Ladies, it is my pleasure. Gentleman, an honour!" he says smoothly smiling with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Fluffy barks once and wags her tail.
Greys Campaign.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by tkrexx »

"Hyde, honest and brave, if you see past his teeth."
The shaggy Half-Orc smiles widely at the introduction, displaying said teeth. "Heartless" they call me, but it's not true, no.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by onlyme »

Storm11 wrote: Fluffy barks once and wags her tail.
Dandelion approaches to pet the dog.

Oooh, I think a nice madras bandana tied around the collar would really make it look adorable.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Zorroroaster »

Arnulf mumbles a quiet hello, shuffling his feet and looking uncomfortable.

"Hey, lookit!" he says loudly, as he wanders off to look at something.

Welcome to the ... wait, what were we called again?
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Keehnelf »

Ilfrien's disembodied voice emanates from somewhere nearby. "I have manners. Cease your filthy slander, dirt witch."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Zhym »

Angus cackles, a hacking sound that quickly turns into a wet cough. With a mighty hock he spits a glob of phlem into the fireplace.

"Yep, that elf bitch sure got some poor manners," he says.

He sits down for half a minute then pops back up and paces. "I'm sick of being cooped up. When can we get this raiding party started?"

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#112 Post by CAI4 »

"So nobody wants to go to look for the dwarves in the salt mines?" asks Chet, dejected.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by enn.in.me »

"Chet, I think that would be a find activity, but I don't know if it is as urgent as the current strife. It would be interesting, and possibly lucrative, but I feel like we need to help these people here, and break up whatever conspiracy seems to be going on before we satisfy our curiosity. I suppose there might be a smaller group that wanted to look into them, though." Yenny looks around with a raised eyebrow.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Marullus »

Hellebore looks sympathetically to Chet. "Heroes of Alleburg, indeed, if we end the shortage of food-preserving salts. But last we discussed it seemed about two week's journey each way to attempt. Better done with winter passed - no snow to slow us, and more light in each day. Plus... After we can get horses and ponies for all traveling."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by tkrexx »

I can't help but think if we corral a few of them Orcs what be raiding, they maybe could tell us something about that No-Go place, hah? If not, we be no worse off, and there be a few less irritants to the outfolk. Hyde stokes the fire a bit.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Marullus »

Hellebore completes her introductions as they approach the cabin. The eagle alights on the roof with a shrill cry, the Raven coming from the gables to her shoulder, one eye suspiciously watching the newcomer druid. "This here is Rrkox, wiser than some in the party, not to mention a better conversationalist. That's my eagle as well... They don't really understand the concept of naming though."

She directs him to hold off his dog a moment as they reach the door. "Redfang is... Reforming. But he and your dog must find their own pack order." With that explanation she opens the door, letting a massive wolf emerge from within. She growls to him, speaking as a wolf would to apparently facilitate an introduction. The wolf approaches the dog to display dominance.

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#117 Post by CAI4 »

"You look like you'll make a fine old friend, Tempus" says Chet. "But Hellebore's right. Just the two of us on a 200 mile journey? Tough. I'll go see the orcs. It's probably more important."

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”