INTRO: Meeting with the Council

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: INTRO: Meeting with the Council

#221 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

Let's not do anything that would rely on secrecy in the first place. Ben, give a reason for borrowing the boat that would be natural and don't mention the group that will be going with you.

I will retrieve the flotation devices and meet you at the dock. Let's do this now before we lose the right light for surprise.
Doubtful fetches the flotation devices and waits at the dock, sending Shoo-Fly home as this will not be a safe trek for kitty.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#222 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jonas is getting antsy as well and wants to get this show on the road.......or water.

Yes, the approach from the water sounds like a solid plan. We should heed the advice of Ben as he is a man of the sea and definitely seems to know his business.

And don't be too worried about sinking to the bottom Master Alec. I don't think Davey Jones likes the taste of dwarf.

Only kidding of course big guy. Besides, I may be able to help out in case of any overboard emergency, but let us not speak of that now. I am, of course, an excellent swimmer and I don't fear the waves or current.

Being that it is still only just coming up on midday now, we should have plenty of time to row over to where we can get a better look at the cliffs below the house.

Young Jonas follows along with the others who are on their way down to the docks. Along the way, he entertains the land lovers by pointing out some of the landmarks of the town in which he has lived his entire life.

Wait.........what if they are watching for us from the land and the water?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben returns to the group with a proud smile on this scarred face "boys - I've got us a boat! It will hold about 10 people so we are good to go. Will need some help rowing as I tend the tiller. I have it moored at a out of the way slip so that we can attract as little attention as possible. I had to put up the money in full to my captain to rent this boat - 45 gold in total for three days - so would certainly appreciate some help from each of you to cover equally... The plus side is he is a man of few words with not friends in town so we go as unannounced as we can... When we're ready we can head down to the docks"

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

Excellent work, Ben! Let's get started. And just to be on the safe side, let's go to the slip in groups so as to attract less attention. I'll go with the first group to stow the buoys.

Doubtful gives Ben 20 gold (No, take it. We can worry about even later. You did good, now let's go find this cave.) and proceeds to the slip with the buoys after getting directions from Ben.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#225 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lets continue the action over HERE.

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”