OOC / Questions?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions?

#401 Post by Argennian »

Sorry again for the delay here, all. Still having continued connectivity issues with home internet. Picking up a new cable modem tonight after work and will update with action post then if I can't get it done at work from the field today. Another PM going out for Lauranna tonight, too.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by Argennian »

Just wanted to chime in quickly between work emergencies to offer apols for the delay here, gang.

Thank you all for the quick responses, great role-play and character immersion! Looking to get the next action post up tonight & will continue to make updates to the forum as we go.

Best,

Mitch
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#403 Post by Nuke66 »

no problems here. 70 hour weeks and a new girlfriend been soaking up my spare time.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by tkrexx »

I'm betting mostly the new girlfriend. Ah, yes, I remember the days... ;)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by Argennian »

Checking in to announce that I just caught up the main Action Thread 4 and split things up into two new threads for each group going forward: One for those going on the reconnoiter of the northern trail and the other for those staying back with the ship/around the cove. I still need to update the encounter thread and will include XP for that for those that took part.

Apols proffered for the late response here, all. My holiday weekend became complicated thrice over and went unexpectedly longer than I had anticipated. Hope everyone here had a happy and safe 4th of July! :)

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#406 Post by Alethan »

That was a great IC explanation, SL. Well played!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#407 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Thanks! :)
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#408 Post by tkrexx »

I agree, well done. Gotta love role-play!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:That was a great IC explanation, SL. Well played!
tkrexx wrote:I agree, well done. Gotta love role-play!
+2 Good stuff for sure, brother!! 8-)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#410 Post by Argennian »

All,

Happy to report that I'm out of the woods and well enough to finally get back in front of the keyboard. Thank you all for the well wishes and very much appreciate your support and understanding. I missed you guys and this place in a big way! Still not fully up to speed and have a ton of RL and game stuff to get caught up on so hoping to get posts and updates up as soon as I can.

Cheers & Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#411 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:Happy to report that I'm out of the woods and well enough to finally get back in front of the keyboard.
Obviously great news. Take care of yourself and get to the game when you can. I know we joke about the importance of the games here, but health (and family and a bunch of other stuff) is really most important and needs to be the priority.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by Argennian »

Thanks for the kind words of understanding, Dave. I tried to come back from my illness a bit too quickly and between not getting the light duty workload I had been promised and catching a cold from a coworker, this last week has been chalked full of more dreadful suffrage. Man, there's times where you feel like you just can't catch a break sometimes.

I want to apologize again for the extended delays and certainly appreciate everyone being so patient with things as I get over and past all this medical drama. Although I've been down and out, I've really missed being here and gaming with you all, even more so than missing my regular FtF games. Although still dealing with having little to no appetite and hitting the fatigue wall, I'm holding down solid food again and finally sleeping through most of the night. Only 3 more days of antibiotics and their side effects. Holding hope that the corner is finally being turned.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by tkrexx »

Said it before, say it again: This game's worth the wait!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by Argennian »

Thanks for the kind words, Rexx! Feeling much stronger and better rested from a good weekend of sleep and R&R, and looking forward to get things running again here within the next day or two. Appreciations again for everyone's patience and well wishes!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by Argennian »

Okay all, we're finally back to resuming normal service here. Apologies again for the delay while I was dealing with my health drama and trying to get back into the swing of things with work. Although they're already trying to kill me with sticking me on call and working me 12 hour days again, I'm feeling much better and sleeping through the night, so happy to report that I've finally turned the corner and getting it all behind me. I very much appreciate all of you that reached out with your support and well wishes. It certainly helped to bolster my spirits and put my mind at ease about not having to rush back here to things before I was really ready.

I've updated the action threads, having also created a new thread for those (SocraticLawyer and Nuke66) exploring the southern game trail with Jovak. Please continue to post in your respective threads until such time as you return to the ship and beach HQ.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#416 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote: The giant Monitor zeroes in on the invitation of the meaty meal and strikes out with both of it's huge front claws, hitting the former dwarf general with one for a heavy, raking blow (8dam) and nearly knoking him off balance. It also strikes out at nearly the same instance with it's massive open maw to bite down with horrible precision and power upon his upper body (nat 20;14dam), pinning his left arm to his chest with a sickening crunch of broken ribs and arm bones.
The cleric/fighter lord cries out in painful surprise and drops the wand from the immobile grasp of a broken arm as the huge island predator lifts him off his feet as if he were naught but a tasty toy. Jovak swings his masterwork battle axe in a desperate attempt to cleave the beast in the head but just misses...

Boy, Mitch, you sure have some kind of vendetta against that poor dwarf Jovak, don't you??

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:
Argennian wrote: The giant Monitor zeroes in on the invitation of the meaty meal and strikes out with both of it's huge front claws, hitting the former dwarf general with one for a heavy, raking blow (8dam) and nearly knoking him off balance. It also strikes out at nearly the same instance with it's massive open maw to bite down with horrible precision and power upon his upper body (nat 20;14dam), pinning his left arm to his chest with a sickening crunch of broken ribs and arm bones.
The cleric/fighter lord cries out in painful surprise and drops the wand from the immobile grasp of a broken arm as the huge island predator lifts him off his feet as if he were naught but a tasty toy. Jovak swings his masterwork battle axe in a desperate attempt to cleave the beast in the head but just misses...

Boy, Mitch, you sure have some kind of vendetta against that poor dwarf Jovak, don't you??
LOL!! Well, Al, I guess one could get that impression. 8-)

Funny, my DM's "Green Dice of Death" (which are my green/white numbered ones that I only use when I DM) rolled pitifully and let me down in my last FtF OSRIC game I ran a few weeks back. They rolled miserably, to my players' surprised relief due their reputation, and I missed my chance to score my first TPK as a DM there (excepting that elves, which we had 2 in that party, are in fact immune to a ghoul's paralyzing attack effect!), but they came around for this encounter! The good news is that poor 'ol Jovak is a title level cleric/fighter, so he definitely has the most hit points of the group! ;)

Heh, besides I was trying to think like a hungry giant Monitor lizard as it charged the trio on the beach. You'd have to admit that compared to a skinny elf maiden and a young dwarf in armor, the hulking, unarmored Jovak would look to make the best, most tasty-looking treat! :mrgreen:

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#418 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote: OOC: Ok all, I need to get the giant crab encounter entered in the Party Encounters: Kills, Treasure & XP thread, along with the giant boa constrictor you three killed previous. Had it all in my New Hope game binder but never entered it here! :oops: I went through and updated a few other things and will post that in the game announcement thread when completed later.
Sweet! Interested to see the numbers here, as I'm only 1452 away from level. ;)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#419 Post by Alethan »

Oh, hmmm... speaking of leveling...

It looks like Bog should have picked up a new weapon proficiency at level 3, Mitch. I guess we didn't really have any discussion about training for this or what I might take, even. I'd prefer, of course, to double-specialize in the longsword, but that is fully dependent upon whether or not someone in the ship's crew is double-specialized for proper training.

If we did already discuss this, then I have no recollection of it and obviously need to start a post under the character sheet thread where I can keep track of such things... I think I also forget about things like the fact that I would have had a 3/2 attack rate if I'd used my sword against the crab instead of the spear. Need to add some notes to my macro to help me remember that.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#420 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:
Argennian wrote: OOC: Ok all, I need to get the giant crab encounter entered in the Party Encounters: Kills, Treasure & XP thread, along with the giant boa constrictor you three killed previous. Had it all in my New Hope game binder but never entered it here! :oops: I went through and updated a few other things and will post that in the game announcement thread when completed later.
Sweet! Interested to see the numbers here, as I'm only 1452 away from level. ;)
Yeah, I still need to get that stuff entered! I want to get an action post up for both groups tonight so will likely do so by tomorrow evening.
Alethan wrote:Oh, hmmm... speaking of leveling...

It looks like Bog should have picked up a new weapon proficiency at level 3, Mitch. I guess we didn't really have any discussion about training for this or what I might take, even. I'd prefer, of course, to double-specialize in the longsword, but that is fully dependent upon whether or not someone in the ship's crew is double-specialized for proper training.

If we did already discuss this, then I have no recollection of it and obviously need to start a post under the character sheet thread where I can keep track of such things... I think I also forget about things like the fact that I would have had a 3/2 attack rate if I'd used my sword against the crab instead of the spear. Need to add some notes to my macro to help me remember that.
Yes, Bog gets another weapon proficiency slot at 3rd level. Being a single-class fighter, he can absolutely double specialize in longsword once formal training is begun, as Ziller, Zimba and even a few others are double-speced. You gotta admit that the giant crab skewering with the spear was pretty rad though! 8-)

We glossed over the leveling thing awhile back when you all were still sailing for the islands. Everyone got enough XP after that merman encounter, but there was no time to start training until you guys reached landfall. I did let you guys roll hit points for the next level but until formal 3rd level training happens, there's no progression in Thac0, saving throws, level-specific abilities, etc.

Once we get through the day's activities In Game, we'll get that going on in the following day. I will be sending out PMs like I did last time, giving you your EXP numbers and approximate time needed to complete training, along with mention of who will train you in the game post. I'll start working on that now and submit a post in the Game Announcements thread to confirm when completed!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “A New Hope to the West”