OOC / Questions?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC / Questions?

#421 Post by Alethan »

I agree, the spear attack seemed more appropriate. :)

That all sounds good, Mitch. Thanks for the update!

By the way... what ever happened with the others that were slated to join the group? Is that still going to happen? Or is it dependent upon us getting to a certain location or... ??
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#422 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:... By the way... what ever happened with the others that were slated to join the group? Is that still going to happen? Or is it dependent upon us getting to a certain location or... ??
Yes, happy to report that this will still be happening. I have been running the new players in two hidden forums here, getting them up to speed and ready for when they will be meeting up with the ship and your party.

There are 3 players in the Group 2 forum and one player in the Group 3 one. Without giving too much away, they are very close to being discovered by one in your party, and that actually very soon. One group knew about yours and had planned to meet up with the Seahawk at her original rendezvous location/time, which she was diverted from back after what happened on the coast trail in Karagonia. They knew about the Sprice Trident isles being the fallback point in case something happened. The other group has no clue that your party has landed, or knows anything about the presence of the other group for that matter!

Been having fun with it all for sure, but in retrospect, I guess I could have just had them already here on the island where you are now. It would have saved some time to be sure but when I was thinking of how to have you all meet, I had to make it complicated for the story and various campaign tie-ins, don't you know! :roll: 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#423 Post by Argennian »

Sorry for the lateness of the responses & posts here last couple days, gang. Work and other RL drama have been brutal and barely been able to check in and keep up.

I'll try to get posts up tonight and promised encounter/XP updates done over the weekend!

Best,

Mitch
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#424 Post by Argennian »

To all groups,

Apols again proffered for the continued lateness here, gang. Thought I'd have internet access where I was going out of town this last weekend but didn't. Trying to post from a smartphone is anything but, sadly. Had to work late covering the on-call yesterday and then get off work to deal with a close friend that's down and out and on the edge. Workload looks light today (at this point), so should be good to get everything caught up later today/tonight.

Thank you again for everyone's continued patience and understanding. I've been stoked to be able to make more frequent posts over the last couple of weeks. Looking to get back to that again!

Pax,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by tkrexx »

To be honest, the past week has been a heck of a ride here too, so the break has actually been a bit welcome. As always, RL takes front seat!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by Argennian »

Thanks, Rexx. Well, I'm obviously still struggling to get caught up here and on the boards. Been working super long days all this week due to TelePacific's new Hosted PBX product line having issues, namely with the Cisco VoIP phones we've been utilizing. We have a couple huge premier customers up in the Napa Valley that are about ready to drop us as their service provider if we can't get the issues sorted like this week. In addition, the added stress and lack of enough sleep is running me into the ground. I told my boss this am that I absolutely cannot work OT today, otherwise I'd be calling in a sick day tomorrow. Problem is, all my other fellow FSTs have been calling in all week and leaving us short-handed. <sigh> Still better than not having a job any day, and the OT is great when you get paid, just absolutely sucks when it gets to affecting your health and personal life.

So now that I've vented all that (sorry but thanks!), will try again tonight to get things caught up here with all groups. I again want to thank you all for being so patient and understanding while I get through this rough patch. We're very close to getting training done and bringing the other groups together, which I'm hopeful will reignite things here and make for some new excitement.

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#427 Post by dmw71 »

Real life stuff has to come first. It has to. So don't worry about the game... it's not going anywhere and, as I've said before, it's worth waiting for.

I understand the sense of, for lack of a better word, responsibility, to maintain a certain pace or keep up with established expectations. Especially when you're the DM. There will be times when keeping up with the norm will not be possible, and I think a play-by-post player with any experience will understand that these lulls come with the game and are to be expected. Not always welcomed, but expected nonetheless.

Take care of yourself first, and update when you can. We'll be here.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#428 Post by Alethan »

Should we update character sheet with base XP now and then just update it again later on if/when we determine something to be of value as part of recovered treasure?

I guess my question is, if we determine some treasure to have value, can you add it to the thread, but keep it separated from the base XP so it is easier to add to character sheets?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Should we update character sheet with base XP now and then just update it again later on if/when we determine something to be of value as part of recovered treasure?

I guess my question is, if we determine some treasure to have value, can you add it to the thread, but keep it separated from the base XP so it is easier to add to character sheets?
If you want to do so, then sure. You can notate gained EXP on your character sheet to keep track of where your characters are currently.

And yes, as items get identified and valued, I'll break that down in the relevant encounter post and keep it separate from KIA XP, similar to how we did it for the Mermen encounter. If said treasure was discovered/found/obtained outside of an encounter, I'll end up making an announcement in game to advise, and likely follow it up with a separate post in that thread, in addition to a pm to each player on their XP cut.

Once official training is concluded for your next level(s), I will ultimately end up sending each of you a pm with your totals and where you're once you guys are at.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#430 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:
Alethan wrote:Should we update character sheet with base XP now and then just update it again later on if/when we determine something to be of value as part of recovered treasure?

If you want to do so, then sure. You can notate gained EXP on your character sheet to keep track of where your characters are currently.

And yes, as items get identified and valued, I'll break that down in the relevant encounter post and keep it separate from KIA XP, similar to how we did it for the Mermen encounter. If said treasure was discovered/found/obtained outside of an encounter, I'll end up making an announcement in game to advise, and likely follow it up with a separate post in that thread, in addition to a pm to each player on their XP cut.

Once official training is concluded for your next level(s), I will ultimately end up sending each of you a pm with your totals and where you're once you guys are at.

Then Bog rests for the night. And trains really hard. :D

Oh, and has Gentleman Billy open all the chests to see what's inside.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#431 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Then Bog rests for the night. And trains really hard. :D

So noted! 8-)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#432 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:

So noted! 8-)

But... I suppose that's all going to take place after we go back to the crab hole, right?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#433 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:
Argennian wrote:

So noted! 8-)

But... I suppose that's all going to take place after we go back to the crab hole, right?
Confirmed! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#434 Post by Alethan »

Mr. DM,

Would it be possible to get the general "loot" information updated in the "Kills, Treasure, XP" thread?

For example, in the Crab entry (viewtopic.php?p=59646#p59646), under "Treasure:", could you put something like "1 crate, 1 locked chest"?

That would give us a better idea of what still needs to be identified.

I can't really remember what all we pulled out of the area where we found the boa constrictor, for example. Was it just a crate with the chest and we left all the other crates with the ceramic jars?

(Note to self: We need to go back and get those remaining crates so we can see what is in them...)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#435 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Mr. DM,

Would it be possible to get the general "loot" information updated in the "Kills, Treasure, XP" thread?

For example, in the Crab entry (viewtopic.php?p=59646#p59646), under "Treasure:", could you put something like "1 crate, 1 locked chest"?

I can't really remember what all we pulled out of the area where we found the boa constrictor, for example. Was it just a crate with the chest and we left all the other crates with the ceramic jars?

(Note to self: We need to go back and get those remaining crates so we can see what is in them...)
Yes, that would be good of me to notate all that, wouldn't it? Apols for my combined lateness/oversight there, Al. :oops:

The treasure you discovered after dispatching the giant boa constrictor: old, small locked and very heavy chest in a closed crate, that was covered with a strange shimmery cloth. You did not return with any of the other crates or ceramic urns.

Edit: Done!

~ Still hoping for a post from SocraticLawyer for Ulrich, now that the party is all back together. Any DAs would cover the remainder of the day until dinner time/sunset.

Regardless, we'll move things along here no later than tomorrow. There will be more discussions of treasures and what's been identified and/or valued to present!
:)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#436 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:
Alethan wrote:Mr. DM,

Yes, that would be good of me to notate all that, wouldn't it? Apols for my combined lateness/oversight there, Al. :oops:

The treasure you discovered after dispatching the giant boa constrictor: old, small locked and very heavy chest in a closed crate, that was covered with a strange shimmery cloth. You did not return with any of the other crates or ceramic urns.

Edit: Done!

~ Still hoping for a post from SocraticLawyer for Ulrich, now that the party is all back together. Any DAs would cover the remainder of the day until dinner time/sunset.

Regardless, we'll move things along here no later than tomorrow. There will be more discussions of treasures and what's been identified and/or valued to present!
:)
No worries, Mitch! I didn't really think it was discussed before; was just throwing it out as a suggestion because it would be someplace good to keep track of it. I suppose we could also create a Player Notes thread or some such thing, where we can try to keep track of these things ourselves. As long as it is noted somewhere, though, it doesn't matter to me where or who.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#437 Post by Argennian »

Apols for the delay here, all. Had to work late and couldn't get the next post finished last night before I had to hit the sack for an early roll. Will get that finished up and posted later today!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#438 Post by Argennian »

All, checking in with a status update. Work exploded late last week and I got stuck covering for the on call tech (again). If that wasn't drama enough, finally caught the nasty crud that's been going around and have been sick as hell since Friday. Feeling better today and should be off by a reasonable hour tonight, so I will finally follow through on my previous, standing threat to get us caught up here. The next update is now like 75% completed and I'll keep working on it between rolls today.

Rexx: the giant owl will be stopping in at camp around sunset, as promised. Wanted to make sure to give you a heads up, as we'll be handling the speak with animals conversation between Emm and the owl via pm.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#439 Post by tkrexx »

Sorry, been involved with alot of RL drama and running back & forth myself this week. It's been crazy!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#440 Post by Argennian »

No worries, Rexx. Been like for me the last three weeks. :(

On brighter subjects and notations, read your post. Very nice! 8-)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “A New Hope to the West”