OOC Lounge

#1 Post by Tamerlaine »

All OOC discussion will be posted here.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Lounge

#2 Post by Jack »

Anyone know of good copyleft/CreativeCommons sources for character pictures for the Rogue's gallery?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Tamerlaine »

I dunno. I usually just copy, paste and insert the image address of whatever pic I chose from say, Google Image or Pintrest/Tumbler. *Sigh* Now I feel you are going to tell me I'm doing this all wrong.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Jack »

Tamerlaine wrote:I dunno. I usually just copy, paste and insert the image address of whatever pic I chose from say, Google Image or Pintrest/Tumbler. *Sigh* Now I feel you are going to tell me I'm doing this all wrong.
Some forums are strict on "fair use", others not so much. I'll check out what the others here do.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Jack »

Jack wrote:
Tamerlaine wrote:I dunno. I usually just copy, paste and insert the image address of whatever pic I chose from say, Google Image or Pintrest/Tumbler. *Sigh* Now I feel you are going to tell me I'm doing this all wrong.
Some forums are strict on "fair use", others not so much. I'll check out what the others here do.
The rules here say you can't link to "copyrighted documents (e.g. scanned rule books)". I have however seen DeviantArt images posted in character threads by people who don't seem to be the copyright holders, so single images seem to be okay.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Jack »

When linking the name of you character in your signature, point to your post in the rogues' gallery, not to your character sheet on the roll (.com) site because only the logged in person can see their own sheet there.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#7 Post by SterlingBlake »

Sorry for posting Alastair 3 times. Oddly, the only post with the delete button showing is the one I want to keep. Turns out once a post is replied to it can't be deleted by a non-moderator.

Dave, would you mind just deleting the first two postings of Alastair's character? I've marked them "please delete."

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#8 Post by SterlingBlake »

Looks like we're all here by Friday as you predicted, Dave!

I'm ready to try out the new site any time.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by Tamerlaine »

Allright! We are up and live here at Unseen Servant. Glad to see everyone made it over. Alistair is in the rat tunnel and the others are standing around the hole taking bets the halfling makes it back. I jest!

Abegray
Squire
Squire

#10 Post by Abegray »

Was Deldo successful in making little clubs from tree branches?
Deldo F1 HP7 AC4

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Tamerlaine »

Abegray wrote:Was Deldo successful in making little clubs from tree branches?
Sure, but as they are improvised and made on the spot, damage is 1d3

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Tamerlaine »

Magic-users (that means you, Daro) need to write in their spells memorized in the appropriate field on your character sheet.

mumble
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by mumble »

Just run this by me again. So, I can have an endless amount of learned spells in my spellbook (intelligence score permitting), and I can have a set number of them memorized at any given time.

Can I have multiples of the same spell memorized (say 4x Magic Missile), and this number decreases every time I cast a spell? Or can a spell be cast indefinitely once memorized?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Tamerlaine »

To be fair, I forgot to copy and paste a description of the rat nest and the number of giant rats along with the rat queen. At this moment I doubt it would have changed Alistair's mind in turning tail. Alistair counted 22 giants rats, ten of which were facing the halfling, twelve ringed around the queen guarding her.

I take it Alistair's action still stands?

herostyle
Squire
Squire

#15 Post by herostyle »

Holy crap... I hope it still stands!
Keep of Shadows (S&W Core)
Alfri von Drach - Lawful Cleric of Pelor (1), HP: 6/6, AC 5

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#16 Post by SterlingBlake »

Yes, Alastair's action still stands. If he had noticed a big old pile of gold or pretty gem he might have hung around trying to lift it or trick the queen into an unfair exchange.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Tamerlaine »

Obviously, I suck at intelligent rat speech.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#18 Post by SterlingBlake »

I've never heard intelligent rat speech either, so I really can't criticize. ;)

mumble
Strider
Strider

#19 Post by mumble »

Hi folks

Sorry for being so quiet. Family time during the holidays kept me away from my pc for a bit. Along with that, I've also been busy setting up a new pc. Still busy copying all my files across as I'm typing this. If I'm holding up play, assume my default spell being readied is Magic Missile and NPC me accordingly for the time being.

Tamerlaine, can you (or someone else) please provide some clarity to my last post?

Also, a couple of questions in lieu of having the rulebook available:

1. How exactly does Hold Portal work? Does it simply seal/lock an opening that already has a door-type obstacle? Or does it also block a door-type space? I'm wondering if it's possible to maybe cast Hold Portal on the flames in the entryway if that'll have any effect or keep the fire burning for longer. This is admittedly an idea from the far left and probably won't work.

2. Is Sleep a target specific or area of effect spell? If it's area of effect, what is the size of the effected area?

3. How do I roll dice in this forum?

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#20 Post by SterlingBlake »

I can tell you what the rules say about 1 and 2, but I haven't tried to figure out the dice yet.
1. How exactly does Hold Portal work? Does it simply seal/lock an opening that already has a door-type obstacle? Or does it also block a door-type space? I'm wondering if it's possible to maybe cast Hold Portal on the flames in the entryway if that'll have any effect or keep the fire burning for longer. This is admittedly an idea from the far left and probably won't work.
According to the description in the rules: "This spell holds a door closed for the spell’s duration or until dispelled. Creatures with magic resistance can shatter the spell without effort." Range is DM's discretion and duration is 2d6 turns.
2. Is Sleep a target specific or area of effect spell? If it's area of effect, what is the size of the effected area?
Sleep
Spell Level: Magic-User, 1st Level
Range: 240 feet
Duration: 1 hour
This spell puts enemies into an enchanted slumber (no saving throw permitted). It affects creatures based on their hit dice.

HD: Number affected
up to 1: 2d8
1+ to 2+: 2d6
3 to 3+: 1d6
4 to 4+: 1

Return to “Keep of Shadows (S&W Core)”