Interlude 2: Rest & Resupply & ... ?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Interlude 2: Rest & Resupply & ... ?

#21 Post by kalstone »

Yeah, and ask the caravan merchant about getting more winter gear from Adamas.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by drpete »

You visit the caravan merchant. He explains that they are primarily dealers in Thulian antiques, which are popular in Adamas. He shows you the kind of thing he's got... a hairpin, a signet ring, a jeweled coffer. He would be willing to buy this kind of thing from you. He looks at the mask, and is very impressed. "A Thulian War Mask. These were worn by the human commanders in the beastman armies during the last days of the Empire." He says he can give you 800 for it. Especially if it is enchanted, it's probably worth more, but you'd have to go to Adamas to get a better price, since they don't generally deal with things that are this valuable.

He can get you winter gear.. for how many?
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by kalstone »

Solaine thinks. "We have 10 people and only 1 winter cloak, so 9 would be ideal."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by drpete »

The man thinks about it, and ultimately come up with a figure. "We can do that... for 185 gp. It'll take a couple of weeks, but it's no problem. "

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Dogma »

Ranulf grows bored as theeh others haggle with the merchant. "Come on, girls," he says as he grabs each of them by the arm,"You did well in there and deserve a reward. First round is on me,"he finishes as they head towards the Inn.

"Feel free to joins us,"he adds as they pass Solaine , "in case you feel liek doing a little bit of celebrating."

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#26 Post by Lamech »

Exactly.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by kalstone »

drpete wrote:The man thinks about it, and ultimately come up with a figure. "We can do that... for 185 gp. It'll take a couple of weeks, but it's no problem. "
Solaine turns to Steel and whispers, "You think you could talk that price down?"

As Ranulf leaves she says, "No thanks. My celebration will consist of giving thanks to Mavors for his blessings in battle. Besides," she adds looking at Audi, "you look like you have your hands full."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by drpete »

Audi takes Ranulf's arm, and gives him a peck on the cheek. "After I've gotten my strength back... I'm tired, and Brother Galen wouldn't approve of me doing such strenuous activity... yet. Keep a seat warm for me, k?"

Emm agrees to join Ranulf for a drink, but she's worried about Ajax, more than in a party mood.

Steel is able to talk the merchant down to a round 165 for the winter cloaks, but no lower. He's curious to know if there's a deal in the offing for the mask...

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by drpete »

Let me know how you want to handle the caravan stuff. In the meantime...

Going around the village, you're able to find or order various gear:
pig: 3 gp, ordering 1 pig/week
5 flasks of military oil: 10 gp, available in 2 days
flasks of common oil: 0.3 gp/each, lots available
comfrey: 10 gp/each, 1 available, another available in 2 days if you want it.
War Dogs: none are available at the moment here, but you could ask someone to train one. It would take a few months, though. (75 days...) This is probably something you'd realistically need to go to Adamas for. You are also unsure of your ability to manage more than one of these big, temperamental dogs.
Blunt weapons:
1 each of flail, mace & warhammer, 5 gp each.
1 morningstar (2 handed, 1 stone), 10 gp
clubs are generally available, 1 gp/each.
Was there anything else you wanted to shop for that I'm leaving off the list?

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Dogma »

drpete wrote:Was there anything else you wanted to shop for that I'm leaving off the list?
Ranulf had commissioned a heavy crossbow from Adamas but i dont think enough time has elapsed for it to arrive...

Ranulf will do his best to get himself and Emm into a good rip-roaring drunk. If anyone else wanders into teh bar or you want to initiate somethign DrPete we can RP a bit. Otherwise they will just come back to the group later very very drunk.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by drpete »

I had totally forgotten about the heavy crossbow.... I should have put it on the timeline The shopkeeper is pleased to report that the heavy crossbow has arrived! (it's been 10 days since you ordered it... enough to get one)

Ranulf and Emm get drunk at the Tavern. They are joined by Emelisse, the friendly, attractive local cleric of Tyche. She flirts with Ranulf, and gets drunk with him. She has the lithe, toned body and strong arms of an archer, and she flirts with him, but it doesn't really go anywhere. She gives him a lucky silver coin with a face of Tyche on one side, and a big "X" on the other side. Over a drink, she encourages him to use her lucky coin when he finds himself unable to make a decision. Tyche will control the coin and help direct his steps. For example, she asks him to "consult Tyche" to decide who should pay for the next round, or to decide which girl he should pursue. She gives him the wisdom in celebration of his new crossbow "the footsoldier fights whatever steps in front of him... the archer, though, can only hit a target if he aims at it"

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by kalstone »

Solaine stops by the smithy and purchases a Voulge. "It's a heavier weapon than I prefer, but it might come in handy." She also buys a dagger to keep on her person at all times. A woman in a camp full of men can't take any chances. Plus she doesn't like the way Audi's been looking at her.

She asks the smith if he could make a long pole-hammer for her to use.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr runs into Solaine at the smithy. He's hefting a war hammer, trying to decide between it and the mace nearby.

"I'll take it. It's more than I want to carry, but if it comes down to those skeletons again, I'll be glad I had it."

5 gp deducted. He'll pick up the boom juice once it's ready.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by drpete »

kalstone wrote:Solaine stops by the smithy and purchases a Voulge. "It's a heavier weapon than I prefer, but it might come in handy." She also buys a dagger to keep on her person at all times. A woman in a camp full of men can't take any chances. Plus she doesn't like the way Audi's been looking at her.

She asks the smith if he could make a long pole-hammer for her to use.
The Pole Hammer will take 3 days to make. The rest of the order (as I understood it) will take 2 days.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by drpete »

Date: Skullmont 11, 8:00 am
Season: Early Fall
Weather: Cool and Rainy (Cold)
Moon phase: First Quarter
Conditions: Ranulf & Emm, hungover (-1 to hit & damage until 1 day's rest)

Advancing the clock a bit... After a day of rest, Solaine and Audi are recovered (2 each). Ranulf and Emm are somewhat the worse for wear after their celebration, but it was probably worth it, though Ajax, not being tended as well as he might be, only recovers a little bit (1 hp recovered)

Orders placed, it'll be another day until most of the stuff comes in, 2 days for the pole hammer.

Anything else you guys want to do, or should we fast forward a couple of days to get back to the dungeon?

It's another cold, rainy fall day. At breakfast, you see Pieru Danthan, a sour-faced, balding, middle-aged man. This is the corporal of the watch, the guy who records everyone's name and business as they enter Muntburg. He looks up at you from his breakfast.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by bobloblah »

I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear, but Brother Galen is tending to everyone injured. Between Healing Proficiency, Salving Rest spells (2/day with Contemplation), and finally Cure Light Wounds for Ajax, it should only take a couple days.
bobloblah wrote:Galen's intent is to hold his Contemplated spell until making it safely back to town, then casting Detect Magic on the masks. He'll also take the party's injured under his care (i.e., Healing) for next few days.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by drpete »

bobloblah wrote:I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear, but Brother Galen is tending to everyone injured. Between Healing Proficiency, Salving Rest spells (2/day with Contemplation), and finally Cure Light Wounds for Ajax, it should only take a couple days.
bobloblah wrote:Galen's intent is to hold his Contemplated spell until making it safely back to town, then casting Detect Magic on the masks. He'll also take the party's injured under his care (i.e., Healing) for next few days.
Alright, cool. I was thinking that you had the humans, and Emm had the dog. Ajax is all healed up, too.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by bobloblah »

Galen has no particular facility with animals (that'd be Animal Husbandry), but he can cast Cure Light Wounds on the dog.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by drpete »

Yeah, being from a farm background, Emm has animal husbandry, so she can care for Ajax, but it's not as effective as clw.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by kalstone »

Solaine takes a seat across from Danthan. "Corporal, how goes it?"

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”