Chapter 6b - The Goblin Hole Part II

AleBelly
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Chapter 6b - The Goblin Hole Part II

#1 Post by AleBelly »

The sounds of struggle continue for several minutes. After recovering from the shock of Ilfrien actually proposing a plan, the plan’s merits are debated. Angus grows impatient, feeling vulnerable deep in the goblin abode. Yenny is not inclined to let any goblin live. Chet seems skeptical. Dandelion, hungry from her rearguard duties, gets excited about cake. Arnulf announces he will not be performing hygiene for anyone else, implying that his own posterior has enough blemishes to occupy his time. He shouts at the denizens on the other side of the door and receives only shouts and grunts in return. Angus loots the body of the final fallen goblin guard. He recovers 11 gp and another silver armlet worth 75 gold.

Hyde convinces the others that information will help them root out corrupt figures within Alleborg…almost. Angus shoulder charges the door, but it holds fast. And almost immediately, the grunts stop with a loud wail of pain. Just a few seconds later, the slide of wood on wood is heard, and the door opens a crack. Nervous red eyes peek out, and the door opens more widely. “I killed our boss. You new boss.” The speaker fully reveals herself, a large female goblin clad in leather, holding a battered shield and bloody short sword. Behind her, two leather-clad females lie dead with severe wounds. Another, the very large male goblin seen earlier, lies dead with several wounds. His gleaming armor is stained with blood.
Actions?

Date: 31 Glowinghearth, Year 42
Time: 14:34
Conditions: 54F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: None
Light bearers: Torches: Chet (15:15), Arnulf (15:15),
Known Injuries: Yenny moderately injured; Hyde, Hellebore, Ilfrien, Chet slightly injured

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 6b - The Goblin Hole Part II

#2 Post by Keehnelf »

Is she the only survivor?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by AleBelly »

It appears that way, yes.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Zhym »

Angus gives a low whistle. "Well, hot damn," he says. "I ain't sure what's more amazing: that Elf Bitch had a plan, that the plan involved not killing something, or that we finally found a goblin in this hole what doesn't feel like dying."

He takes a look at the goblin. "You speak Common. Between that and your finely-honed sense of self-preservation, you gotta be one of the smartest ones down here. Shoulda figured that the brains of the outfit'd be a female. Elf Bi—oss here will have her own questions, but let's start with the basics: you got a map of the rest of this place? What kind of fighting forces do y'all—I mean, they—got left?"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion is hesitant to believe the goblin is trustworthy. No one wearing windsor tan leather with her skin tone should ever be trusted.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Zhym »

Oh, and Angus will check whether the magic arrow he sent thudding into the door is recoverable.

Also: what does the room to the north look like? Any doors?

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny is standing back, doing her best to look inconspicuous.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by tkrexx »

Drop the sword! Hyde commands, pointing his blade directly at the female Goblin. And the shield. Let us have a look at you, hah, and the room. We have questions for you, yeahh, many questions.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Keehnelf »

Sorry for the delay: busy day--will post ilfrien's response in a few hours.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Keehnelf »

Drat, I wake this morning and find my late/night post did not, in fact, post.

---

Ilfrien gives the party a manic and half-disbelieving grin before turning to address the goblin in its native tongue.

She composes her face the way she understands goblins to use when making serious business.
"Well done, little one! As you can see, my band of warriors is impatient and bloodthirsty. You almost ran out of time! I am the boss, Ilfrien the Blood-Soaked Brand: Ilfrien Gnollsbane. Ilfrien Blade-Breaker. As you can see, my name is well-earned. You've shown great prowess to overcome your boss and, perhaps, your sisters. That is the kind of tenacity that will be well-rewarded as part of my war and. You are worthy as a warrior, but now you must prove your worth as a lieutenant if I can vouchsafed your health among this violent band of reavers. First, you must reveal your old's tribe's treasures to us, that we may feast in honor of this victory when we return home. Second, you must reveal what you know of your boss's plans and any alliances your old tribe had with others nearby or in the city. Finally, you must swear on your own head to obey me without question in all things. If you do these things, you will find protection and luxury like you have never known under my shield and sword for your service."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Zorroroaster »

Arnulf quietly elbows Angus to get his attention. He grabs a roll of flesh around his ample middle and shakes it up and down.

"Hear that? I'm a violent reaver. It's true."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by AleBelly »

Out of town with family this week, so things may be a bit slow.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by enn.in.me »

In goblin
I will kill it. We can not leave this foul beast alive!
In elvish
Stop me and make it look good!
Yenny starts her flail a whirling behind her and runs towards the goblin with a might roar and an evil grin. She is leading with her shield. She passes closer to Ilfrien than is absolutely necessary as she heads towards the goblin....

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Zhym »

Angus rolls his eyes at Arnulf's pantomime and chuckles. "Heard it, but can't say as I understood it. Never did get around to learning to speak goblin, myself. How about you translate for me?"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Keehnelf »

Ilfrien takes the flail on her shield and reaches out with her other arm to clothesline the little cleric, throwing her to the ground. She roars in goblin,
"Still your blood-lust, Yenny Dragonsbreath! We are parleying--give this one a chance to decide her own fate."
She glowers as well as she is able--which is pretty well, actually.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny grunts and glowers as she gets up and circles around and away from Ilfrien and the goblin. Hopefully she can get a look around as she does this--checking for goblin tricks.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Zorroroaster »

Arnulf rolls his eyes dramatically at Angus, and gives him a quick and dirty rundown of what's been said so far. He tries not to chuckle when he gets to "Yenny Dragonsbreath."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Keehnelf »

Arnulf is certainly unsavory...

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by tkrexx »

Hah? Hyde's head snaps from Ilfrien to the Goblin Queen to Yenny to Ilfrien to Yenny to the Goblin Queen. HAH??

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”