Chapter 6b - The Goblin Hole Part II

AleBelly

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 6b - The Goblin Hole Part II

#222 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:Angus flexes. "Well, now, that's more like it!" he says, relieved to be back at full strength. "But is the strength sucking field gone? Guess there's only one way to find out." He walks up to the edge of the dais and holds out his non-weapon hand, feeling for any effect.

Six candles and one day of wolf meat rations (shh, don't tell Qatkir) deducted.

AleBelly: I was going to ask if Angus could determine the bonus of his armor with a little sparring before the party turns in for the night. Would that still be possible (if it's possible at all)?
Sure. Angus dances about in his new goblin armor. It looks a size or two too small for him, but otherwise it's a fine suit. He estimates its power is pretty minimal - a suit of chain mail +1.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Marullus »

As Hellebore prepares to chant at the altar, she speaks to the others, brief and matter-of-fact. "I'm going to rip open this altar and ruin it for future sacrifices. Be ready in case something jumps out. After we finish with that, I intend to check for other magic in this place, which seems most likely to have it. If you could all get out the treasures we found so far, I'll look at them as I do so. We should then move on before the Sight passes. I suggest down the Shaman's private east exit, there."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Zorroroaster »

Arnulf's heavy, wet snoring stops suddenly. A fair time passes, leaving anyone nearby wondering if he's stopped breathing entirely. Giving a hearty yelp, he falls off the pew he's been camped on and lands heavily on the floor.

"Ugh. I am not a morning person." He looks around and upon locating the remains of the goblin shaman, proceeds to snort out a long gout of thick phlegm onto the body.

"That's for Ilfrien, asshole."

He turns to where the others are making preparations for breakfast and the day's travails.

"So, umm...I can memorize two spells. Sleep has been hella useful, but if anyone wants to suggest something that might be more useful today, speak up before I crack the books."

Arnulf knows:
Affect Normal Fires
Light
Magic Missile
Read Magic
Sleep
Spider Climb
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#225 Post by enn.in.me »

"Hardly seems like you've been needing a spell to sleep!"

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by AleBelly »

While Arnulf tries to figure which spells he'll memorize, Hellebore (having memorized her spells during the last watch) pulls a piece of clay from her pouch. She wets it with a few drops from her waterskin and forms it into the shape of the altar, wraps it with mistletoe, and speaks words in her cant.

Ghualainn an domhain, eist le mo ghuí
a bheith chomh intuargainte mar cre, a ligean ar mo intinn a bheith ar mo lámha!

The druid unwraps the clay and breaks it in two, pushing up the new edges. Seconds later, a deafening <crack> is heard! The altar splits asunder, a six inch wide crack bisecting it north to south. The rock at the broken edges turns on itself, forming lips along the crack. Any liquid poured onto the altar will now pool along these edges.

At the base of the altar is a collection of congealed blackish liquid - likely blood. Nothing else happens.

Momentarily spent, Hellebore gathers herself before preparing a spell to detect magic.

Arnulf spits phlegm at the shaman corpse on the altar. The others prepare to continue their exploration. To their knowledge, the only unexplored area is just off the dais. Anyone wishing to head in that direction will need to step up to the dais. Angus tests the platform and is disappointed to find that the draining force is still strong.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Zorroroaster »

Arnulf spends a bit of time memorizing Sleep and Light.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion is not quite comfortable giving up what little strength she has, just to go exploring through that area, yet.

Are we sure this is the only place we havent yet looked through? Maybe we missed a hall or door while chasing those buggers.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by tkrexx »

I have one torch left, Hyde offers, And one candle. I like to read, when I have time. I think maybe Dandelion be right, maybe all of us shouldn't go into that place just yet, hah? Maybe just a few of us, so we don't get snuck up on by some of them Goblins.

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#230 Post by CAI4 »

"I have a few left..." says Chet absent-mindedly. He lights one of his own and stares at the door, the desecrated altar, then the door again. He seems to be thinking, an activity he is not accustomed to. "You know, I'm pretty fast. I'll run over to where Galan was and listen at those doors. Then I'd like to look behind them. Will anyone follow if the path is clear?"

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by AleBelly »

If Yenny is going to memorize spells but won't do so in the temple, please provide an action for her that will allow her to memorize spells.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Zhym »

"I'll scamper through if the way is clear," says Angus. "We hurry, ought none of us should get more than a little weaker."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion asks Ilfrien
"So, do you feel like you are regaining your strength at all? Or do you feel its effect is long lasting?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Marullus »

Hellebore, standing at the desecrated altar, looks dissappointed by the goo inside, and looks it over once more in case she missed something.

She clears her throat pointedly and repeats herself. "I am about to detect magic on this chamber, if you would get out the treasures, please. It will take me about six minutes to check it thoroughly, but it will last twice that long. If you open the doors, I would like to follow and inspect that way before the Sight fades."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by AleBelly »

onlyme wrote:Dandelion asks Ilfrien
"So, do you feel like you are regaining your strength at all? Or do you feel its effect is long lasting?
There's been a lot of posting activity, but one of my previous updates noted that everyone in the party returned to full strength overnight. Dandelion can draw the conclusion that the altar's effects are temporary.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by onlyme »

AleBelly wrote:
There's been a lot of posting activity, but one of my previous updates noted that everyone in the party returned to full strength overnight. Dandelion can draw the conclusion that the altar's effects are temporary.

my Apologies... I have been trying to keep up during a crazy work period, and missed it. My bad.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion will willingly follow after the magic show, through the door...

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Zorroroaster »

Arnulf stands and wipes his hands down the sides of his robe.

"Memorizing always makes me sweaty. So many cramped finger positions. Don't get me started on diaphragm control and correct breathing. Let's get this done so we can go home for a rest."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by AleBelly »

onlyme wrote:
AleBelly wrote:

my Apologies... I have been trying to keep up during a crazy work period, and missed it. My bad.
No apologies necessary. I will update later tonight, assuming everyone will be in range with new possessions of Hellebore's detect magic spell.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by tkrexx »

Of course I'll go, yeahh, as if anyone expected something else from Hyde. I just wanna be sure we got enough backup here to protect Ilfrien, and to send assist as needed. We might find something really nasty in there, hah?

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”