Chp. 9 - Keep on Keeping On

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Chp. 9 - Keep on Keeping On

#161 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal looks up at Swilbosh and shrugs his shoulders.

Whatta ya think, Swill? Prolly a bad idea?

He looks around for anything that might reveal a secret entrance into a lower level, looking for things like signs of heavy traffic that leads to nowhere, etc.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by AleBelly »

Pulpatoon wrote:Porphyry looks aghast at Wulfhart. "Have you been bargaining on the promise of my micturitions? I... You... This is unseemly!" But his professional curiosity gets the better of him. Turning to Antwon, "What potion would you be talking about? And how much were you offering this man—who, I should add, is in no way authorized to promise so much as a stray hair from head."
The goat-man's boasts have not escaped Wulfhart's notice. The woodsman speaks gruffly. "My sword has stood between you and countless enemies, Porphyry. If you wish it to continue, you will piss in a couple of vials for this unorthodox alchemist."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry to Wulfhart: "Countless, indeed—it's hard to count zero! And even if you have proven yourself of some utility, that hardly gives you the right to sell me in the shops like a half-priced catamite."

Porphyry begins to shift his stance back and forth. All this talk of pissing has called forth the wine from earlier, tonight. The satyr tries hard to appear cool and collected, as if he could go weeks without a pee.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#164 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn wonders if there are any dwarven women available in the brothel. He hasn't rubbed beards with a female for so long....

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Wrenly looks on with interest at the odd squabble going on between Wulfhart and Porphyry. He wonders how it will turn out. And he's quite curious to see what use the alchemist could possible have for such a substance. He glances at the rows of potions... and frowns slightly. Ah, well. Whatever does the trick, he supposes.

"I'm beginning to think they doon't have a beach here after all," he says to the group. "What will we do with ourselves? How will we occupy our time?"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#166 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion passes Fingal and Swilbosh, whispering, I'm going to see if I can find an entrance inside. Wish we had a rogue with us.

He continues on to the Jolly Hobbit muttering, They should have named this the Jolly Rogering... and smiles broadly as he enters, Hello!

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Grognardsw »

In Antwon's Alchemy Abode...

Antwon replies to Porphyry: "Your urine is a component in my Charm Monster potion. The warrior here and I have a deal in which two urine vials are part. Seperate of that, I can offer you 10 gp per vial, for up to five."

Wulfhart and Porphyry good-naturedly bicker. Wrenly wonders if there is a lakeside beach. The magic-user hasn't walked enough shoreline to discover.

Outside...

Swilbosh turns a deeper shade of green at the advances of the brazen strumpet. The lizardman is distracted and doesn't answer Fingal's question.

Fingal doesn't see any tell-tale signs of secret entrance into the Jolly Hobbit. There is a back door, perhaps a service entrance, which has a 10'x10' fenced area immediately around it. That fence has a gate. The thief figures that could a Guild entry point. Or it could be the front door, as Fingal knows Thieves Guilds often have "cover" businesses to conceal and laundry ill-gotten gains.

Grindhelm and Fingal see Asherrion stroll through the front door and is greeted by the Madame, a handsome woman smoothly does not even bat an eye at the deformed grayelf-alien. "Good afternoon sir. What are your tastes running toward on this fine day?"

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#168 Post by saalaria »

"Yessss bad idea, I don't like thessse unsssseemly human wenchessss."

"You are more well verssssed in matterssss of thievery - what do entrancesss to guildsss normally look like?"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry rolls his eyes as the pressure in his bladder increases. "Fine! Fine! How large are these vials? Pah! I could fill a dozen! And, I was only going to give it to the cobblestones out back for free."

Porphyry collects seven empty vials. "I assume you will afford me a moment of privacy?"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#170 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion smiles broadly at the madame, taking her in fully. I'm thinking something different this time. By your sign you claim to have hobbits that are fun loving and jolly. Perhaps a delightful grey-haired one? To match my complexion.

Oh, and I have a fear of heights and, like most hob-folk, a love of underground. Do you have any rooms on this level or in the cellar for the frolicking?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#171 Post by OGRE MAGE »

They don't, is all Fingal says in response to the lizards question.

I hope Ashy knows what he is doing in there. Guilds are normally well protected and they don't take kindly to strangers snooping around.
Fingal ignores his own warning and moves around to the back to investigate the gate leading into the back entrance. If it is not locked, he moves inside the fence and looks closer at the door.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#172 Post by saalaria »

Swilbosh follows the thief, tryng to ape his movements. As well as a seven foot bipedal reptile can.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by AleBelly »

Pulpatoon wrote:Porphyry rolls his eyes as the pressure in his bladder increases. "Fine! Fine! How large are these vials? Pah! I could fill a dozen! And, I was only going to give it to the cobblestones out back for free."

Porphyry collects seven empty vials. "I assume you will afford me a moment of privacy?"
"Thank you, goat man" says Wulfhart.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Wrenly waits patiently while Porphyry pees in a cup. Then he remembers one of the reasons he came in the shop in the first place. "Excuse me, Antwon, do you do monkey skull repair? Mine's got a scratch." He digs is monkey skull out of his pack and holds it up for inspection.

Hotgoblin

#175 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn hangs back to keep watch outside, while the others enter the Jolly Hobbit.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry: "I... almost done... wait... do you have another vial? Hurry up man, this is almost full! Come on, come on! Don't jostle it! Ah! Well, I hope you're prepared to pay to have this jerkin cleaned... And, there! Done. Seven vials—plus half of an eighth for good measure—of the finest, most aureate urine you'll ever get your hands on. Now, gold for gold. Fulfill whatever grubby little arrangement you had with the barbarian here, hand me my 50 gold, and a promissory note for the nearest reputable laundress."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Grognardsw »

In Antwon's Alchemy Abode...

"That tinkle iths muthic to my earsth!" exclaims the lisping Antwon has he hands Porphyry more vials. Then the gold. Porphyry's bladder is lighter and his purse heavier.

"I'm thorry, I have no experienth with fixing thkulls, monkey or otherwithes," Antwon replies to Wrenly.

Back to Porphyry: "Do you want to leave the brain for me overnight to identify if it has any magical propertieths?"

And to Wulfhart: "With thiths urine, our deal of the codpiece and 75 gold for pothions of sthtrength and healing can be done. But ath I mentioned, I need to keep the codpiece overnight to determine if iths enchantment ith ath you thay."

At the Jolly Roger...

Fingal and Swilbosh go to the back door, as Groyn keeps watch. The fence gate is open and beyond is a 10'x10' area with trash cans and boxes. The back door appears to be a service entrance. Fingal can clearly hear noises of kitchen work beyond it.

Inside Asherrion talks with the Madame. "Yes sir we do have a few hobbits to keep you company. We can easily make her gray-haired. As to underground accommodations, I admit that is not a request we've had. But we dislike saying no, so I can arrange to have our wine room in the basement made more comfortable for your liaison. If that is to your agreement, the donation will be 25 gp for an hour."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by AleBelly »

Grognardsw wrote:In Antwon's Alchemy Abode...

And to Wulfhart: "With thiths urine, our deal of the codpiece and 75 gold for pothions of sthtrength and healing can be done. But ath I mentioned, I need to keep the codpiece overnight to determine if iths enchantment ith ath you thay."
"Very well" replies Wulfhart. "I'm new to this town, and my trust in others has been badly abused in the past. I'll take the potion of strength for now and return tomorrow for the healing potion once you verify its performance."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry holds the brain up and looks at it with scrutiny. "I'd examine it myself, but I haven't had a chance to establish a proper laboratory, you understand. I'll be by in the morning to hear your appraisal."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#180 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal pokes around in the cans a little, looking for any evidence of hidden thieving business. He throws the lizard any edible scraps he finds.

He quietly looks around near the back door, searching for any entrances that aren't in plain view.

He listens carefully to see if he can learn anything from the voices coming from the kitchen.

[1d100] = 76

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”