Chp. 9 - Keep on Keeping On

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chp. 9 - Keep on Keeping On

#121 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion waves goodbye to the guards, and then turns to the halfling, You've probably noticed that I don't look so much like an elf anymore, my little friend. And that we travel with a lizard man and a satyr. And those are the corruptions you can see, see? Now that we're friends, you should probably know that it's because we're in league with... well, I don't want to give it away. But you know who told me, like a bird in my ear, that you don't have a family with five, or was it six, kids. In fact, that you've never even seen a club foot before. In fact, that you've been lying through your teeth.

Now our mutual friends here, who also listen to you know who, need you to know that those who lie through their teeth tend to need dental work when we're done with them. That those with wandering fingers have lost them. You know who likes his sacrifices in bits and pieces and there are those here that are more than willing to get those bits and pieces for you know who.

But you and I are friends, Snooges--I can call you Stooges, right, friend?--and I would hate for my other friends to take their bits and pieces, you know for itchy fingers and lying tongues. So let's start fresh. Give my buddy here his ring back and then take us to your real family, the one without the gimps and kiddies, and maybe, just maybe, I can hold back our friends.

I just want the best for you, Snooges. The very best. And that'd for you to be in one piece and not to go to you know who in pieces.
The ashen grey elf(?) grins broadly, trying to tie friendly threat with kindness.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by saalaria »

Swilbosh continues to maintain the hold.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Pulpatoon »

When Porphyry feels he has wrung the Manse's clerk dry, he heads over to the Inns and Outs. His step is heavy, and he proceeds with weary resignation. With even the possibility of double entendre in the name, and the oversexed hospitality he has encountered so far, he assumes he'll be stepping into a full-blown bordello.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion whispers back to Fingal, I fear his accomplice took your ring, friend.

He turns to the halfling, Look, since we're friends, you need to introduce us to your other friend. The one who was with you in the pub just now. As you can see, my lizard companion here is getting impatient and we really could use your help. In a whisper he says, The lizard guy once tore off the fingers of one of my friends, no joke. Nothing I could do to stop him. And just for pushing him the wrong way, can you believe that? I talked him out of taking the toes but ol-Four-Fingers, that's what we call him now, he learned his lesson. He's not so good at hiding aces when we play cards any more.

So help me so I can help you, eh Snoogies?

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Wrenly the Brown, MU
Grognardsw wrote:The hobbit glances at Wrenly. "Yes, there is an alchemy shop at the corner of Temple and King. They sell potions, scrolls and occasionally enchanted trinkets. The owner is quite eccentric."
"Ah, wonderful. Thank you sir, it's been a pleasure. Any friend of Ahserrion and all that.... Fellows, I'll go around the corner and check out this Alchemist's shop while you entertain our friend. Remember, if by chance we don't run into each other before, we must all meet at the Temple of Kol-Korran at dinnertime. Those who need healing, at least." With that, Wrenly strides off towards the corner mentioned by the halfling, taking care to be on the lookout for any further thievery. He'll avoid coming near enough any other pedestrians that they could rob him of his prized monkey skull.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by AleBelly »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Wrenly the Brown, MU
Grognardsw wrote:The hobbit glances at Wrenly. "Yes, there is an alchemy shop at the corner of Temple and King. They sell potions, scrolls and occasionally enchanted trinkets. The owner is quite eccentric."
"Ah, wonderful. Thank you sir, it's been a pleasure. Any friend of Ahserrion and all that.... Fellows, I'll go around the corner and check out this Alchemist's shop while you entertain our friend. Remember, if by chance we don't run into each other before, we must all meet at the Temple of Kol-Korran at dinnertime. Those who need healing, at least." With that, Wrenly strides off towards the corner mentioned by the halfling, taking care to be on the lookout for any further thievery. He'll avoid coming near enough any other pedestrians that they could rob him of his prized monkey skull.
"Silly wizards. Never met one with a lick of common sense. Not safe alone. I'll babysit." With that, Wulfhart follows Wrenly.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Ah, Wulfhart, good to have you along! I didn't know you had an interest in such things. This should be fun. Who knows what incredible potions we may find. Terribly exciting." says Wrenly.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#128 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal anticipates the answer as to where his ring is.

He also answers Wrenly.
I would go too but I want to get to the bottom of this monkey business first.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Grognardsw »

Porphry the satyr hoofs into the Inns & Outs. Compared to Metzner's Magnificent Manse, the place is a dump. There is a tiny bar and rooms on the first and second floor. Porphyry sees local fisherman, adventurers, and drunks about.

Elsewhere...Wrenly and Wulfhart make their way to potion shop. They pass the Jolly Hobbit and the barbarian remembers he and Groyn the dwarf were about to go there when Fingal was pick-pocketed. The sign shows a grinning hobbit climbing out of a hairy hole.

The adventurers come upon Antwon's Alchemy Abode. It is hard to miss, festooned with banners proclaiming such specials as "Tincture Tuesday - Two for One!", "Elixirs for Every Need!", and "Unction or Poultice? Come on in and find out!"

A Magic Mouth is on the door. "Greetings good sirs and/or ladies! Welcome to Anteon's Alchemy Abode, the best potion shop west of the Borderlands! Ask about our specials!"

Wrenly and Wulfhart enter and are immediately faced with a chubby drow elf, his skin black as night. "Gentlemen welcome. Antwon at your thervice."

Meanwhile...

"I don't have your ring!" insists the hobbit.

He listens to Asherrion's persuasive words. "My colleague, I don't where he is. Probably left town, that's what he told me in the tavern."
Last edited by Grognardsw on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#130 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn buts in on the questioning, Did he say where he was headed or if he was gonna meet up with anyones??

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Wrenly, MU

Wrenly looks around, eyes wide. He loves the accoutrements of magic almost as much as doing magic itself, if not more. It's cool. Magic stuff is cool. He glances at Wulfhart as if to say "Magic! Am I right?" then, trying to keep it together, he turns to the shop keeper. "Good day to you, Antwon. Do you... have any specials?" He has momentarily forgotten about his monkey skull.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#132 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion looks deeply into McSnoogles' eyes and asks, Left town? Is that the truth?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#133 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion looks at the others. I'm pretty certain that my good friend here--Mr McSnoogles--means that his associate is now at the Guild for those with a livelihood of lifting. Since that is not a part of town, then he is "out of town", right Snoogies? And he's not about to tell a friend, no matter how dear, where that is.

As such, I will leave him to you. I hope you don't hurt my friend too much. But since wandering fingers are the real culprit then perhaps you can have fun with those. I will join Wrenly at the shop.

Good day, Snoogies. I hope it ends well for you, if not too soon. Charmed, I'm sure.
And with that, Asherrion doffs his hat and heads over to the little shop of potions.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Grognardsw »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Wrenly, MU

Wrenly looks around, eyes wide. He loves the accoutrements of magic almost as much as doing magic itself, if not more. It's cool. Magic stuff is cool. He glances at Wulfhart as if to say "Magic! Am I right?" then, trying to keep it together, he turns to the shop keeper. "Good day to you, Antwon. Do you... have any specials?" He has momentarily forgotten about his monkey skull.

"Today'sth spesthal is my famousth Green Dragon tincture," announces Antwon with a heavy lisp.

"Guaranteed to boostht your happinessth, bolthter your confidenth, and improve your outlook on lith."

"Is there sthomething in particular you are looking for?" he asks. "Perhapth pothionsth of sthrength for the mighty fighter here," nodding to Wulfhart, "or sthomething arcane for you?"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion says, I am in need of a new spell book. Even better if it is populated with spells, but blank as a gnoll's head is fine as well. What have ye?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#136 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal looks up at the lizardman, wondering how he will proceed.

He grumbles to himself while the others rush off to buy fun trinkets.

First me boots and then me ring! I hate this damn town.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Pulpatoon »

Grognardsw wrote:Porphry the satyr hoofs into the Inns & Outs. Compared to Metzner's Magnificent Manse, the place is a dump. There is a tiny bar and rooms on the first and second floor. Porphyry sees local fisherman, adventurers, and drunks about.
Not bothering to disguise his disgust, Porphyry looks someone who looks responsible for booking rooms. "What are your rates —by the night and by the week—and how often do you clean your bedding?"

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#138 Post by saalaria »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Fingal looks up at the lizardman, wondering how he will proceed.

He grumbles to himself while the others rush off to buy fun trinkets.

First me boots and then me ring! I hate this damn town.

"What do you what from him Fingal? One finger or two?"

The Lizardman attempts a wink but ends up just having both his eyes close twice in quick succession.

*no idea on a lizards anatomy so winging it here!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by AleBelly »

"Strength, yes" nods Wulfhart. "Or perhaps healing. And do you have anything that wards off disagreeable odors? You see, we are friends with this goat man whose vapors are so potent it will make one's hair curl."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Grognardsw »

At the Inns & Outs...

"Five silver a night, or 30 for a week," answers the innkeeper, an older man missing two fingers on his right hand. "We clean the linens once a week. Two coppers can get it done daily."

At Antwon's Alchemy Abode...

Antwon shuffles over to a bureau and draws out several vellum and parchment blank journals that can serve as traveling spellbooks. He invites Asherrion to look at them. "Ten gold piethes, 15 for the water-rethithtant greathed vellum."

The alchemist turns to Wulfhart. "I have an elixir of healing for 50 gold, a pothion of sthrength for 150 gold, and nothsplugths for offenthive odors for 2 gold. Did you thay goat-man? For I have long needed the urine of sthatyr as a component for a thertain pothion. I would be willing to pay 10 gp per vial for thuch."

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”