Book Two - Undertows of Disbelief

Grognardsw
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Book Two - Undertows of Disbelief

#641 Post by Starbeard »

Marius Albertoni, hunter

Marius agrees to accompany Reginald to Providence, RI. "I'll be dogged happy to get away from this damned filthy City."

He takes the opportunity to ring up his sister-in-law and check up on his wife and child, making up some hoopla about being under FBI protection, where he's helping them identify the wanted suspects for the murder of the Cranston girl.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#642 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Reginald Wilkins, bookdealer and occultist
Grognardsw wrote:Agent Mulder nods his head as the investigators discuss next steps.

"It's settled then. We'll tie up local angles before traveling to New Orleans.

"Reginald, you will study the Xaqloui writing and confer with Professor Angell in Providence. Marius can accompany you, unless you have other ideas Marius."

"In five days, or more if needed, we'll convene in the Providence BOI office, share results, then take the train to New Orleans."

"Men, I think we're squeezing this cult hard with the blows we've dealt it here and in Providence. Now to capture this mysterious Carcosa."

SocraticLawyer wrote:Reginald consults the Pnakotic Manuscripts to try to read the stones outside. Read Xaqloui at Shunned House stones (50) [1d100] = 2
Not sure how I missed this before. I think I was assuming you'd need hours of time to use the book properly to help translate. This roll can be applied when you are in a quiet place of study to work on the writings from the rubbings.
Reginald concurs with the plan. He heads back to the hotel and begins work on the Xaqloui, hopefully using the roll referenced above.

If/when he needs a break from the xaqloui, Reg tries to track down the number for Professor Angell. If he finds it, and if the hour is not too late, he'll call the professor and try to arrange a meeting for when Reginald is back in Providence.

If he has additional time, and/or on the train ride back to Providence, Reginald studies the Pnakotic Manuscripts, hoping to learn the incantations for Inscribe Elder Sign and Shining Trapezohedron. Reginald wants to learn Elder Sign first, ideally while still in NYC. If he can learn it before leaving the city, he'll head back to the Shunned House.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#643 Post by Mant72 »

Dr. Morgan:

Weary from the day's events, Frank returns to his room to seek sleep. He awakens many times throughout the evening, as his dreams are plagued by the horrors that were discovered in the Shunned House.

Upon waking, he is unable to shake one particularly disturbing dream in which he is once again in the nursery in the Shunned House.

Frank finds himself slowly approaching a bassinet where the sounds of a baby crying can be heard. As he gets closer, the baby's cries turn to the grotesque owl sounds so disturbingly described by the hunter, Marius. Frank reaches the bassinet and peers over the edge, what he finds is an inconceivable, slavering horror.

"I must speak with Father Vaughan," the professor shudders and thinks to himself.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#644 Post by Grognardsw »

The investigators turn in late at night, after a long and harrowing day filled with multiple murders, alleged magic, ghastly sights and disturbing implications. While they feel they have severed another tentacle on this beast of a cult, there yet remains more.

The men have uneasy dreams.
Reginald is too tired to study. You're last stated actions will happen on the train and back in quiet study in Providence.

We'll pick up with individual's next investigative actions in a post later in the week.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#645 Post by DadsAngry »

Dr. Clarke:

David returns to his room for the night. He phones Edith and tells her of the days events. He informs her to be on the looks out for an agent from the B.O.I. and to wary of Sam Archer if he turned up. He keeps the conversation brief and tell her of his plans to return to Arkham in a few days. He wishes her a goodbye and turn to his ledger to record todays events before going to bed.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#646 Post by Grognardsw »

The story continues in...

Book Three: Out of Time

viewtopic.php?p=269785#p269785

Return to “That Which Should Not Be (Call of Cthulhu)”