Action Thread 1

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 1

#1 Post by rredmond »

I won't have my format down until all the PCs are finished, but I figured I'd start this thread just in case you want to do anything before leaving town.

The three elders of the village are the ones offering the Healing Potions. They also can offer some food and a score of arrows. They really can't spare any other weapons because their focus, as well as the rest of the villagers is the protection of the town. They only have the weaponry and people to do just that. They can spare two of the younger hunters to guide you to the fissure where the river plunges down into, but those two will have specific instructions to head straight back. The fissure isn't far away (again causing them concern) getting a real early start you can be there by early to mid morning.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 1

#2 Post by tkrexx »

Son of Thunder's main concern at this point is learning his new companions' tracks. Might come in handy later. With gratitude will divide extra arrows with other party bowmen, rolling his share inside his blanket.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar quietly approaches the elders and asks, "Has anyone ventured into this fissure to determine its depth? Several of our party may need assistance with such a climb... might you be able to supply us with some additional rope?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by rredmond »

No, we haven't entered the fissure. It is large enough to be entered, but we have had enough to deal with the threat from outside, where we are comfortable, the elders answer, as for rope, we have three bits of 25' to spare, but I'm not sure it's good enough for climbing.

The rope is used to tie up animals and mend fences and the like. What isn't really old, is some loose woven grass stuff. Servicable but likely not dependable.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:No, we haven't entered the fissure. It is large enough to be entered, but we have had enough to deal with the threat from outside, where we are comfortable, the elders answer, as for rope, we have three bits of 25' to spare, but I'm not sure it's good enough for climbing.

The rope is used to tie up animals and mend fences and the like. What isn't really old, is some loose woven grass stuff. Servicable but likely not dependable.

Zafalia shakes her head slowly and deliberately. "We do not need that kind of rope from you elders. Fear not, we will make due with what we have."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Norjax »

Incio politely asks the elders, “Have there been any reports of odd sounds or smells emanating from the fissure?”
Last edited by Norjax on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Norjax wrote:Incio politely asks the elders, “Has there been any reports of odd sounds or smells emanating from the fissure?”
The elders think for a bit, no, but we've never had reason to pay too much attention to it before.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

Just lurking (but it will be nice to be notified of updates). :D
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

halfpasthuman
Squire
Squire

#9 Post by halfpasthuman »

Korgul furrows his brow and strokes his beard. "I've heard talk of misshapen beings shambling about the woods in these regions. Do we have any concrete descriptions? Are we facing bi-pedal entities?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by tkrexx »

And may we be taken to a place these beings have been seen?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by rredmond »

halfpasthuman wrote:Korgul furrows his brow and strokes his beard. "I've heard talk of misshapen beings shambling about the woods in these regions. Do we have any concrete descriptions? Are we facing bi-pedal entities?"
They do look like they walk on two legs, the elders answer, though they do seem to shamble too, we've only ever seen them at night really.
tkrexx wrote:And may we be taken to a place these beings have been seen?
The few times we've seen them, we can take you to those spots. We followed the oxen tracks when they were taken. We know where they've gone, we can bring you to the fissure where the stream enters the hills.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Norjax »

rredmond wrote:They do look like they walk on two legs, the elders answer, though they do seem to shamble too, we've only ever seen them at night really.
How many have been seen? Are they alone or in groups?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by rredmond »

We've seen anywhere from one to three... The few times we've seen them.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:
halfpasthuman wrote:Korgul furrows his brow and strokes his beard. "I've heard talk of misshapen beings shambling about the woods in these regions. Do we have any concrete descriptions? Are we facing bi-pedal entities?"
They do look like they walk on two legs, the elders answer, though they do seem to shamble too, we've only ever seen them at night really.
tkrexx wrote:And may we be taken to a place these beings have been seen?
The few times we've seen them, we can take you to those spots. We followed the oxen tracks when they were taken. We know where they've gone, we can bring you to the fissure where the stream enters the hills.
Zafalia steps forward to speak again. "Elders, if you can take us to see these places before we enter the fissure, as Son of Thunder queried, there could yet remain relevant clues and evidence that would help us to better understand these creatures. It is an opportunity that might well make the difference in our mission. I can and will use the moment to commune with nature and learn what I can of this."

The druidess then turns to Son of Thunder and the other party members. "We would be foolish not to investigate these areas prior our descent into the fissure. Son of Thunder, you can look for and learn their earthmark as they travel. I will communicate with any fauna present and can gain insight from them as well. Perhaps, if the Earth Mother so allows, I can even call upon one of them to accompany us on our journey!"

OOC: Ron, not sure what the TOD is presently and if there is time for us to accomplish this the afternoon and/or evening before we make our morning descent?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by tkrexx »

Zafalia speaks my mind.

OOC: Did I read somewhere the good townsfolk also offered a few days provisions? Be foolish to pass that up.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by rredmond »

Argennian wrote:...OOC: Ron, not sure what the TOD is presently and if there is time for us to accomplish this the afternoon and/or evening before we make our morning descent?
It's late morning now, so yep you can do what you are proposing.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Nuke66 »

OOC Jumping in finally.

Al'Zur listens to the conversation. It seems as if the impatient humans are on the right track, so he does not speak.

halfpasthuman
Squire
Squire

#18 Post by halfpasthuman »

Korgul grunts, chiming in "Aye, let's investigate these areas. Mayhap we'll run into some beasts I can sink my axe into."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by rredmond »

The elders let you know that they can take you to the area in the woods that they saw two creatures, and to the fissure. Both are relatively nearby and both can be got to, and time spent there today.

Where to first? The guides we were going to send you to the fissure with, can bring you to both areas.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by Alethan »

"To better know our foe, we should see where they did go," hums Ilhalevar.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”