Action Thread 1

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 1

#61 Post by dmw71 »

halfpasthuman wrote:Korgul moves toward the rope to pull Incio out.
Malak (and his impressive strength) grabs a length of rope behind Korgul and, with great effort begins to assist in the effort to raise Incio from the fissure.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#62 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar steps to the side of the fissure to get a look at what they are pulling up first, the words of the Grim Quietus resting on her lips, in case they pull up more than they've intended...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Norjax »

Incio suddenly realizes that his tug signals may only be interpreted as danger or immediate danger. I’ll have to revise this in the future, he thought.

Incio begins reciting an old Halfling drinking song about pints and full breasts, hoping to calm his assumingly nervous companions. Once in range, he smiles, waves and bounds up the rope and out of the hole.

Hi, diddy, doe, fellow adventurers! What took you so long to pull me into the light?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by tkrexx »

Are you well? We thought some mischief befell you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by rredmond »

The halfling looks healthy and well.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

Malak releases the length of rope from his hands and begins stretching the aching muscles in his arms. He turns to Incio:

"So, what'cha find?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Argennian »

dmw71 wrote:Malak releases the length of rope from his hands and begins stretching the aching muscles in his arms. He turns to Incio:

"So, what'cha find?"
Zafalia, while awaiting Incio's response, continues to look down the hole just in case anything residing there spotted their friend and might be following.

"Yes, do tell, friend Incio..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Norjax »

I’m fine. We just have to work out our signals for the next time.

It’s an 8ft. drop to the floor of the first cavern. A tunnel leads east, winding along a narrow and uneven path. Stalactites will impair the walking of the tall-folk and the floor is slippery from all the splashing water. After 10ft., the tunnel slopes abruptly downward for about 12ft. until it ends at a waterfall. The waterfall plunges around 30ft. into a second, larger cavern with abundant stalactites. The large cavern’s wall directly south of the waterfall is encrusted with big fungal growths jutting out from the wall. Everything is wet and slippery.

5ft. below the waterfall is a bamboo-like wooden pipe feeding a small amount of water around the large cavern’s wall at a height of 25ft. above the floor. The pipe does not appear stable enough to hold any weight. The chamber is vast enough to extend beyond my infravision and the echoing sound of the waterfall would indicate it is quite large.

I’ll draw a map when we get back to the village.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by Alethan »

"Interesting," murmurs the normally silent wood elf. "Siphoning water with bamboo pipes indicates habitation by creatures of some level of intelligence. Maybe we can follow this plumbing straight to those who constructed it."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by tkrexx »

Hmph, agrees the Ranger, Or sabotage the plumbing to see what comes to repair it. Well done, Incio, you've a keen eye, and a warrior's courage.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Argennian »

Nuke66 wrote:"Agreed, nice job, now for some plans."

Zafalia steps forward and offers her opinion to the party. "Let us return to the village, that we may plan and prepare for our descent. I would like to ready some different spells and discuss our proposed tactics."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#73 Post by Alethan »

"I concur," Ilhalevar replies plainly. "I, too, would like to prepare my spells before heading down below."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger takes one last look at the fissure. Yes, let's learn what we can from our brave friend's map, and plan well. To the Guides: Many thanks, Hunters.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Argennian »

tkrexx wrote:The Ranger takes one last look at the fissure. Yes, let's learn what we can from our brave friend's map, and plan well. To the Guides: Many thanks, Hunters.
Zafalia nods to their guides and the others. "Let us head back to the village so we can prepare." The druidess will discuss her available spells with Wulfgard, Ilhalevar and Al'Zur. She'll ask the others what they think about tactics and marching order.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:
tkrexx wrote:The Ranger takes one last look at the fissure. Yes, let's learn what we can from our brave friend's map, and plan well. To the Guides: Many thanks, Hunters.
Zafalia nods to their guides and the others. "Let us head back to the village so we can prepare." The druidess will discuss her available spells with Wulfgard, Ilhalevar and Al'Zur. She'll ask the others what they think about tactics and marching order.
Ilhalevar walks with Zafalia as they head back to town. "I plan on forgoing my protection spell for a second use of the grim quietus, master druid. Something tells me we're dealing with a community of beings and the extra control over many beings might come in handy."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:... Ilhalevar walks with Zafalia as they head back to town. "I plan on forgoing my protection spell for a second use of the grim quietus, master druid. Something tells me we're dealing with a community of beings and the extra control over many beings might come in handy."
The halfling looks up to his elven companion and allows a respectful smile and nod in response. "I agree. If they are like what you speak of, perhaps we can find a way to communicate or even reason with them?"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:
Alethan wrote:... Ilhalevar walks with Zafalia as they head back to town. "I plan on forgoing my protection spell for a second use of the grim quietus, master druid. Something tells me we're dealing with a community of beings and the extra control over many beings might come in handy."
The halfling looks up to his elven companion and allows a respectful smile and nod in response. "I agree. If they are like what you speak of, perhaps we can find a way to communicate or even reason with them?"

She returns the smile. "Of course, a peaceful solution is always the best one. If that doesn't work, then we'll have to resort to a more amicable solution for the villagers who have been put in fear of their lives."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#79 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:She returns the smile. "Of course, a peaceful solution is always the best one. If that doesn't work, then we'll have to resort to a more amicable solution for the villagers who have been put in fear of their lives."
Overhears Ilhalevar and Zafalia. "You two know a lot about plants and stuff, right?"

Without waiting for a response. "Do either of you know if mushrooms burn? I might need more than three torches... just in case."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Argennian »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:She returns the smile. "Of course, a peaceful solution is always the best one. If that doesn't work, then we'll have to resort to a more amicable solution for the villagers who have been put in fear of their lives."
Overhears Ilhalevar and Zafalia. "You two know a lot about plants and stuff, right?"

Without waiting for a response. "Do either of you know if mushrooms burn? I might need more than three torches... just in case."
Zafalia looks at Malak for a moment and considers his statement. "Aye, Malak. All flora will burn if the flame is hot enough. We must be careful to note if doing so will produce gases and fumes that will be toxic to other fauna, and ourselves of course. We might need to use oil to make it so."

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”