VI. Returning to The Mistress

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: VI. Returning to The Mistress

#181 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote:Dorin?
I thought I was unconscious?

Dorin for the moment stays low and attempts to belly crawl to a better location.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#182 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I thought I was unconscious?
Nope, Dorin is still alive. Check your 'Hit Points' thread.
GreyWolfVT wrote: Dorin for the moment stays low and attempts to belly crawl to a better location.
Okay, but I'm not sure how far you think you'll get belly crawling, and what you think the crab will do when it sees you're still a moving target?

I will update again tonight.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT

#183 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm not moving out where it can see I was aiming to crawl under and behind it.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#184 Post by dmw71 »

Round 3
Dorin stays low and belly crawls, hoping to get, and stay, out of the crustaceans view. The crab, seemingly content with its haul without adding the dwarf to it, grabs Sasha in one pincer and Pendleton in the other, and drags the limp corpses into the bay, and to its lair, where it prepares to feast.

Now seemingly safe, Dorin collapses on the beach, bleeding heavily, and clings to his life.

Bingus, reaching the forest, enters it without a second thought and seeks out a tree to climb. Before ascending, however, he catches a glimpse of the former battle site and witnesses the crab retreat.

Actions?

Rolls:
Initiative: Monsters [1d6] = 4, Players [1d6] = 2
Crab notice Dorin (1-2): [1d6] = 4
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by AleBelly »

Bingus tries to stay silent, whimpering and blubbering into his sweater as he runs towards Dorin. As quickly as possible, he applies first aid.

Healing kit [1d2] = 2

"Back to the ship. Now." orders the thin, trembling wizard between gulps of air.

Were any possessions like packs or the like left behind?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#186 Post by dmw71 »

Bingus, seeing the coast is relatively clear, attempts to stiffle his whimpering and blubbering as he runs towards Dorin. As quickly as possible, he applies first aid. "Back to the ship. Now." he orders, and begins leading the dwarf back west and towards the ship.

The pair make it back to the ship safely.

Actions?
AleBelly wrote:Were any possessions like packs or the like left behind?
Pendleton had backpack, but it would not have come free as a result of the attack. Sasha likely would have dropped her sword and shield, but her possessions would have been dragged away as well.
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by AleBelly »

Once back at the ship, Bingus's fragile countenance shatters completely. "I hate this fucking island!" he cries, literally. Deep, heaving sobs rack his body. All of the friends he traveled with, gone. Why was he, the least suited to this adventure, the only one to survive? And what of this wounded dwarf? What good will he be?

The more he considers the situation, the more hopeless it seems. His pipe stays lit continuously and he turns to Dorin, eyes red with tears. Dorin will notice the snot from his nose has collected in his stubble. Bingus pulls the pipe from his mouth and wordlessly offers it to the dwarf, either unaware or indifferent to the fact that a thick strand of saliva still connects the mouthpiece to his lower lip.

GreyWolfVT

#188 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dorin thankful of the wizard's saving his life "I owe ya me life Bingus. But I agree I aint been here long but this island is a death trap." he passes on the pipe "Thanks but I dun feel like a smoke. I'm not sure what I feel no more other than gettin the hell off this damned island." looking around the ship Dorin searches for a piece of cloth and hands it to Bingus "Ere yah got a little sumthin in yer facial hair."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#189 Post by dmw71 »

The pair find themselves in the relative safety of the ruins of the Mistress, and almost share a pipe. They are now forced to come up with their next course of action.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#190 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dorin "I dun have a plan for our next move Bingus. At this point I dun wanna die, so it's mostly survival fer me at this point." the dwarf says while picking something to eat out of the stores in the wrecked ship.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by AleBelly »

Bingus isn't really in his right mind, but finally comes to. "The way I figure, we can't keep roamin' this island. Too much danger, and you can't find out nothin' from a bunch of crabs and frogs. Now, I got hunch those tribesmen - well, you ain't met 'em, but there were tribesmen we came across. Didn't hurt nobody, actually helped us off some dogmen. They went down in these ruins and some bats and armored men came and fought us. I reckon the tribesmen are slaves of some sort. Maybe we free 'em, and they help us fix this here ship and we get back to a place that won't kill ya if you just fer walking around."

His face is flush with fear. "I reckon we'll both die trying, but I don't see any other way. How much healin' you need?"

GreyWolfVT

#192 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dorin "Hmm that'd be a good idea. I suppose. Healin bah I'm alright I guess. I mean I'm a dwarf after all." he winks but in all seriousness he's lucky to be alive.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by AleBelly »

"Well, I ain't no use out there with my magics depleted for the day. Ain't much use with it, neither, but you get my meaning. Let's rest up after the day we had. I'll look for torches or a lantern. Get us a good night's sleep and head to the ruins tomorrow, yeah?"

GreyWolfVT

#194 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dorin "Yeah but how we gonna deal with watch shifts? Just tha two o us? We can make it if we try but it's just tha two o us." :lol:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#195 Post by dmw71 »

Moving here: VII. The Lost City.
-- Project --
-- DM --