Chapter 2 > Phandalin

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2 > Phandalin

#181 Post by ybn1197 »

hedgeknight wrote:"'Bout two weeks, I reckon. Would have went ta the good sister at the shrine but...I didn't want ta have ta show her me privates. Rash all up and down my legs, even on me boys! It's got me a might bit worried."

Looking around the room, Gerland doesn't see anyone who looks "tailorish."
"Mr. Boone, what you have is a very nasty infection. And while I understand your desire for modesty, you really should have seen the good sister by now. That being said, I will do the best I can to alleviate you of this problem. I'm quite new here and uncertain as to what the town offers. Where could I possibly get a hold of some thin thread on the morrow? We need to remove the tick which is the source of the infection. Once we have done that, you can go and see the good sister whom I am sure will be able to remove the signs and symptoms of the infection. And no, you will not need to worry about modesty for that. And please refrain from explaining how a tick lodged itself there."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by Computer +1 »

Kael smiles his most charming smile. Lets get a bottle and head upstairs and see what we can come up with.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by hedgeknight »

Sister Garaele smiles and says, "I would like a bath too. Go on up and draw one for us, and I'll be up in a few minutes. Looks like Gerland might need my help with Boone."
She squeezes Kael's arm and walks over to where the half-elf cleric and the furrier and talking.

Boone gives Gerland a wink and a smile. "What kind of furrier would I be if I didn't have some needle and thread on me? And if it's all the same ta ye, I'd rather do it right now."
He walks over to the bar, digs through his pockets, and pulls out a long needle and some black thick, thread. "Usually, this if fer me skins," he says, holding the needle over a candle flame to sanitize it, "but I reckon it will do the trick. Here ya go."
He hands Gerland the needle, its tip glowing red. "I can take it," Boone says, although he is sweating and his eyes are nervous.

Garaele walks up beside Gerland and touches Boone on the arm. "Can I help?"

OOC: Alright fellers > gonna move this forward to the next morning; but feel free to post on the exchanges above.
Winter is coming...

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#184 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Did we decide where we're going? I think that mansion looks very tempting... seems like a two-for-one deal: Redbrands AND the undead.
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)
Loche - Level Three Pict Thief, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by hedgeknight »

wordoftheoracle wrote:Did we decide where we're going? I think that mansion looks very tempting... seems like a two-for-one deal: Redbrands AND the undead.
My guess is that will be decided on the morrow...but there are plenty of other options too, maybe side adventures after the Redbrands are taken care of?
Winter is coming...

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by ybn1197 »

I agree. I think the manor looks very tempting.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#187 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I hope you aren't waiting on Kelton. He went to bed hours ago. :D

Let's see what the new day brings.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by hedgeknight »

Morning dawns on the mining town of Phandalin and the smells of breakfast cooking in the kitchen of the Stonehill Inn waft along the stairs and into the guest rooms.

Aslaan stretches, dresses for the day, and heads downstairs to find the innkeeper, Toblen, coming out of the kitchen with a large platter of ham and hot biscuits. There are a few patrons in the common room. Most are sipping warm cider and gnawing on a biscuit or using one to sop up their eggs. They nod at the warrior and invite him to their table to eat with them.

Kael untangles himself from Garaele, and sits up on the side of the bed. He smiles as her hand pats him on the back and she kisses him on the side of the face before climbing out of bed and dressing quickly. "Hungry? Toblen's wife makes the best biscuits in town! And after last night, you owe me breakfast."
She splashes cold water from last nights bath on the warrior from Triboar until he gets out of bed and chases her around the room. She is fleet of foot, however, and dashes through the door before he can grab her and drag her back to bed.

Gerland wakes up with a start, having a nasty dream about being sucked dry by a giant tick. He wipes the sweat from his brow and then quickly gets up and washes his face in the water basin. He hears Kael and Sister Garaele laughing and thumping around, and shakes his head, dressed, and gets ready to go downstairs to break his fast.

Ioriston opens his eyes slowly, having rested well, although he merely dozed through the night (like most elves); sleeping deeply is dangerous, especially in the wild, and his genetic makeup will not allow him to be that careless. His sharp ears here his companions already stirring and his nose picks out the scents of bacon and spiced cider in the kitchen below. His stomach grumbles abruptly and he rises and begins his morning ritual of study and spell preparation.

Kelton awakes at the sound of a rooster crowing somewhere nearby...and Wormy's snoring. He didn't sleep all too well, but he rises quickly just the same, grateful for the rest. Dressing quickly, he is strapping on his armor when Harbin arrives to check on the Redbrand prisoner. The townmaster offers nothing but a grunt of greeting before going into the cells.
"I'll hold him today, but not any longer."
Harbin looks like he didn't sleep at all. His stained shirt is the same he was wearing the night before, and he smells of wine already. He staggers away, shaking his head.
Kelton takes a look in on Wormy, and then heads on over to the inn to join his companions for breakfast.

Actions?
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#189 Post by Computer +1 »

Kael gives up the chase and spends a few minutes getting dressed. Before slipping on the chain shirt he inspects the damage from the last fight. Although his wounds have been for the most part healed he rubs his hand over the scar that would have killed him. "I gotta get smarter or a lot tougher" he thinks to himself.

He smiles and appreciates that he made it through the day yesterday. Not only did he survive but he even had a nights fun with Garaele. With such pleasant thoughts in his mind he heads downstairs to buy her, and himself, a large breakfast.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#190 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton addresses the disheveled Harbin before leaving the jail.

Keep him here for today then. I will find another place to hold him for this night if you are so afraid of possible retaliation from his friends.

The fighter despises being nice to the Townmaster after hearing the reports of his inability and lack of desire to do anything about the bullying guild that is harassing the townsfolk.

He returns to the inn and joins his friends for a hearty breakfast and to discuss the day's first actions. He will also seek out Conn or any of the friendly miners the group has met to discuss the possibility of secretly holding Wormy out at his farm or in one of the mining buildings until this mess can be sorted out.

Good morning my new friends. I trust that you are all well rested after last night? The noble young man shoots Kael and the sister a sly look before continuing.

Today will be an important test for our little band here. I see more brave and chivalrous deeds that will need to be accomplished in our very near future. I have some ideas about how to proceed this morning but am willing to hear out the groups thoughts first.

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#191 Post by wordoftheoracle »

I think, in the interest of discovering more information, we should investigate the manor...

Ioriston pauses...

Has anyone checked in on our thief? He seemed distraught last we saw him and, based on my encyclopedic knowledge of human interactions, I doubt I should be the one to discover what became of him.

Another idea would be taking our prisoner to accompany us bound and gagged. I'm not sure of its effectiveness, but I did want to present the option to our merry band.
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)
Loche - Level Three Pict Thief, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#192 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton

Yes, we should definitely at least question Stitches before we set out against them. It didn't sound like he has much love left for most of them after our battle yesterday.

Maybe he can show us a good way to get inside. I will run and attempt to find him while my meal is prepared.

With that, Kelton rushes out the door in search of their little friend, going to his aunties home if he sees no sign of him in the streets. If he can find him, he brings him back to the group for some breakfast.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by ybn1197 »

Gerland wakes in the morning, pictures of the enormous tick still sticking to his mind's eye. Shaking his head to clear it, he heads down to the common room to grab some breakfast. Seeing some of the others have already gathered, he sits down at the table and wishes all a good morning. As the conversation progresses, he adds "I don't think it a good idea to bring the prisoner along with us. From all we have learned, I doubt they place much weight in his own life. And I fear that bringing him may only incite more anger from them."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by hedgeknight »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Kelton
Yes, we should definitely at least question Stitches before we set out against them. It didn't sound like he has much love left for most of them after our battle yesterday.
Maybe he can show us a good way to get inside. I will run and attempt to find him while my meal is prepared.

With that, Kelton rushes out the door in search of their little friend, going to his aunties home if he sees no sign of him in the streets. If he can find him, he brings him back to the group for some breakfast.
Does anyone go with Kelton?

Kelton heads out the door and down the trail toward the Alderleaf farm, cutting through the bloodied green from the evening before, and finally reaching the farm house. Sitting on the porch, chewing on an apple, is a young halfling boy. Kelton thinks the boy looks familiar, likely having seen him in town when they first arrived.
Carp Alderleaf.jpg
Carp Alderleaf.jpg (37.01 KiB) Viewed 803 times
"If yer looking fer Stitches, well, he ain't here," the boy says, continuing to munch on his apple.
"Yer one of them that came with him though, ain'tcha? Bet yer looking for a way inside the manor, ain'tcha? Might be I could tell ya about...a secret entrance. Might be."

The boy smiles and continues to eat his apple, watching Kelton with eagerness in his brown eyes.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#195 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton knows that the way to get any halflings attention is through his stomach.

Well then, little friend. If that is truly the case, why don't you throw that apple to the hogs and come along with me? I have a hearty breakfast waiting for me back at the inn, If you would like to join me and some of my friends to explain what you know, I would be happy to buy you a first breakfast fit for a halfling king.

What do you say to a free meal and some good conversation?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by hedgeknight »

Kelton had the young halfling at "free meal" but he doesn't toss the apple away; he eats it as they walk along, heading back to the inn. Once inside, the innkeeper, Toblen, frowns to see the young waif, and gives Kelton a questioning look. Still, the man serves the lad a hearty breakfast all the same.
The young halfling eats quickly at first and then slows down. Between bites of biscuit and ham, he says, "People call me Carp. What would ya like ta know about that creepy ol' manor?"
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#197 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Why don't we start with you, Carp. Kelton says, thinking of the look he got from Toblen.

Are you related to Stitches? His little brother, perhaps?

What do you do here in town?

How do you know so much about the creepy ol' manor?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by hedgeknight »

Carp sops his eggs with a biscuit and says, "Stitches is my cousin...second cousin, I think. But anyway, I live with my mother who runs a farm...you were there! And I found a secret entrance into Tresendar Manor not long ago...I was just, ya know, snooping around."
He grins and continues to stuff his face.

Anybody else got anything to add or say?
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by Computer +1 »

Kael scratches at his stubble and thinks it over. Considering that last time we fought I was almost toast I think sneaking in a side way is a pretty smart idea. If this other entrance is for real and if its not a trap. He takes a drink of his morning ale and wipes his mouth. Lets give Carp the benefit of the doubt and check it out but we gotta be careful not to stir up a hornet's nest.

To Garaele he shrugs his shoulders. I hope you dont mind putting off finding yer ghost for a bit?

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#200 Post by coil23 »

Aslaan

Aslaan, curious upon seeing Kelton walk in with a halfling boy, picks up his meal and takes it over to Kelton's table to find out what this is about.

To the boy, "What all did you see after you found this entrance?"

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)”