OOC Chat IV

Keehnelf
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat IV

#21 Post by Keehnelf »

It had been Numen's plan to stay hidden if at all possible--provided nothing seemed to be taking place that might mess with his ultimate plans (whatever those might have been).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Zhym »

Well, then. Sorry about that, folks. Or you're welcome, depending on how much you're enjoying this particular bottle episode.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by KingOfCowards »

Wow. I wonder how it would have played out if Lug would have stabilized Numen instead of attacking Varas.

EDIT: Not be judgmental, very impressed by the roleplay in this encounter honestly.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Zhym »

Yeah, a fair question. My reading of Keehnelf's post was that Numen was actually dead, since sleeping characters can be auto-killed (not just knocked to negative HP). AleBelly had to roll an attack for Varas to hit Numen, but I figured Numen was dead at that point.

But even if Numen could have been stabilized, Lug's first impulse still might have been to attack the SOB who just attacked his friend. Especially if Lug thought they'd be going after him next.

Plus, let's be honest here—we're all probably a bit safer without Numen around. :D

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Keehnelf »

But now there's Niles with a book full of eons-old dark magic... :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Zhym »

Dogma wrote:Martin stares dumbfoundedly at Melvin for a spit second.
There's one of the more context-appropriate typos I've seen lately. :)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Zorroroaster »

Zhym wrote:Lug looks crestfallen as Marge packs up and prepares to leave.
Is it weird that I personally feel badly that my PC has just slightly upset another person's PC?
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Keehnelf »

I like it :)

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Mister-Kent »

Zhym wrote:Plus, let's be honest here—we're all probably a bit safer without Numen around. :D
Knowing Numen's pre-Heir motivations intimately, I find a lot of this discussion very amusing!

Now I can't speak for Numen's plans as Heir of the Wolf, but I feel it must be said that he was a noble demon, if he could be called a demon at all. I'm not saying there would have come a day where you'd have welcomed his assistance, but I'm not not saying it either ;)
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Spartakos »

Martin stares dumbfoundedly at Melvin for a spit second. "You are the scum of the earth."
Don't hold back, Martin, tell us how you really feel. :lol:

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Keehnelf »

Sorry for the slow start back into this week! Busy last week with three days of job interviews that killed my deadlines for this week and put me a bit behind. Catching up quickly though and hoping to keep everyone moving this pm or tonight.

Should be accepting a job offer today which means a bit of a slowdown at the beginning of November as I start that position, but that's more a realistic FYI than a dire warning.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Zhym »

Congrats!

Did you ask if they have any web blocking software in place? ;)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by AleBelly »

Congratulations! Is this job a city council job? :)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Keehnelf »

Haha, I wish it were the city council. The local dems actually are still clamoring for me to run but the end result of our family talk was that the wife would revolt if I did that while we're still considering a second kid. It's lame because the timing was right and there was tons of community support for an opponent to the incumbent, but I was the only one willing to step up.
The job is Manager of Administrative Services for five departments in the school of Architecture and Allied Arts, running a newly-built integrated services group. Here's hoping there's no blocking since I'm the one in charge!

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Zorroroaster »

Congratulations!
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by KingOfCowards »

Zhym wrote:Have any elves or magic users offered to help defend the town? A few spells would be really useful, I'd think.
Yeah, lack of spell power could turn out to be a big problem for us.

Melvin, Abi, and Constance went off with Bromric and the demon. They might or might not be back in time at this point.

Valorie, Baxtaw, Nihilius were with Lug and seem to be too late for the battle

Rhodri has been captured by hobgoblins.

Naila was last seen captured by orcs.

Numen has been slain.

That leaves Odium the Odiferous, who seems quite unlikely to help out, and Deliah, who we have seen very little of.

EDIT: If Odium could be persuaded with monetary compensation, Bertram would be willing to pitch in a little for his services.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Keehnelf »

Word has definitely spread about Odium: you could always seek him out in Town Business or the Tavern and give such an approach a swing.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Zhym »

Is there a moratorium on new characters for existing players? According to the game rules, anyone whose characters have all completed at least one expedition could create another character. If that's still the case we could probably have half a dozen first-level mages that way.

That may be a bit too exploity, though.

(I couldn't create a new character regardless; Melvin is on his first mission right now.)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Keehnelf »

I think the number of eligible folks would be fairly small, but I'd be ok for anyone who was eligible to do so, if they liked. Three or four more level ones (even wizards) are probably not going to shift the balance as much as clever play but might mitigate some of the bad feelings from mostly missing one class.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Zhym »

So, basically, those who can are free to create new mage characters because having them might help us feel better after we lose? ;)

Return to “Labyrinth Lord West Marches Sandbox”