Action Thread 2

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 2

#81 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess closes the door behind them and hoists her shield to cover her vision of the hole....and whatever is coming through it.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Argennian »

Llama wrote:Kayen lowers his head while Karraway prays to his god. When the prayer finishes, he quietly whispers, "The last room seemed less sinister than this..."
The cleric manages a forced smile of relief to Kayen's words. "Aye," he whispers, leaning closer but eyes still locked on their backtrail. "Tis a dangerous and unpredictable road we travel here, friend. But our cause is just and righteous and both Pelor and I would see it done."

OOC: Ron, could you confirm our location here? Did we all move inside the room with the hole in the wall or are some of the party, such as Karraway and Kayen, still in the hallway? I'm all cool with us being in the room but was role-playing being in the hallway and not 100% aware of what was going on! :shock:

~ If that's not the case, and we're all in the room, then Karraway will also raise his shield and be ready to either cast a spell or make another turn attempt!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by Nuke66 »

OOC: Sorry for pushing the issue, but I assumed everybody is in the room, and the purpose of closing the door is to reduce the chances of being hit from both ends.

If we still fave folk the hallway, the action would be to call them in.
I guess I am a bit confused too, any chance of a crude map?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by rredmond »

It's a 15' by 20' room, you can fit everyone if you like. The hole, unfortunately, is only about 4' high by about 4' wide. This is where the combat will get difficult. Two may be there, three if you can get creative and let me know what your doing. If you fan out, you can get a good five or six missileers able to attack.

What I do need is how you are attacking. Are folks going to look away, shoot first then look away, etc.

I'll try and put a 5' per square map up in the map thread. Super close. This way it's easier to see. Pretty much you need 5' square around you to be able to be in melee with something. Let me know if there are any questions, and what everyone is doing.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#85 Post by migellito »

Phanstern is in the room, holding his lantern up high.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#86 Post by Alethan »

Let's go with fanning out in an arc, as far away from the opening as we can be. Can't speak for anyone else, but Freda is going to take the -4 Penalty To Hit and not look at the target.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by dmw71 »

ooc: Was there any response to Elwita's call?

"Identify yourself."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:ooc: Was there any response to Elwita's call?

"Identify yourself."
None, yet. Just the ever closer noises.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by dmw71 »

Elwita, following Freda's lead, continues to backpedal away from the opening in the wall she created. While she feel much more comfortable with her war hammer in hand, she finds herself with her crossbow loaded and leveled at the opening. While slightly unnevered by the extreme caution being demonstrated by her party mates, Elwita still can't seem to bring herself to fully close her eyes. The thought of firing blindly doesn't sit well with her. That said, she does allow herself to hold her blinks a fraction or two longer than normal, and also finds herself squinting a bit instead of her usual combat glare.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Llama
Runner
Runner

#90 Post by Llama »

Kayen naturally moves into the arc formation by simply finding an unobstructed firing line to the hole. He trades sword for javelins and focuses his gaze on the floor in front of the hole, hoping to use the appearance of feet to guide his aim.

ooc: Hate to use the magic javelins early on, but hate a -4 penalty even more!
Kayen Telva - 4 Fighter/4 Magic User - Slaves Pits of the Undercity

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Argennian »

If there is room to do so, Karraway will also move in from the hallway but holds position by the door.

The cleric remains ready to open the door if the party needs to expeditiously retreat!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 1:28am

The shuffling of what seems like many feet begets some hissing as serpentine heads poke through the hole. The look-away glances show you that it seems to be some sort of lizards. But with all the cowering behind shields and looking away it's hard to tell. Luckily no one accidentally looked. :twisted:

One person roll initiative. Everyone should announce attacks and make the rolls for those attacks. The above is all the information you have to work with until someone takes a good peek :D . If you aren't looking at the creatures you are attacking then the -4 penalty to hit is applied. But those ready with missiles can absolutely apply their DEX bonus to initiative. Which means those with a decent enough Dexterity will shoot before everyone else.
I don't know how much access I'll have as I'll be away for the holiday weekend. Though my job gave me a mifi hotspot, for unfortunate reasons :( , but I may be able to use it to my advantage! For those who celebrate, have a happy Easter, and everyone else have a great weekend!!

HPs: Elwita - 41/54; Ogre - 20/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hour, 59 minutes) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

Blergh. Sorry about this, all.

Initiative [1d6] = 1

Let's hope everyone has a good DEX!
Freda's modified initiative score is 3.

To Hit, Arrow+2 [1d20+5] = 5+5 = 10 -4 = 6

Wow, a crappy dice round for Al.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by dmw71 »

The failure of a response to her call for identification readied Elwita for battle.

While she misses the comfort of having her trusted war hammer in hand, Elwita's steady hands prove her capabilities with her heavy crossbow as well.

Heavy Crossbow: To Hit [1d20] = 20
Heavy Crossbow: Damage [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

With no initiative adjustment, hopefully that shot gets off.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 1:29am
Start of Round 1

Double dog drat. Lost my whole post. Hate when my laptop is faster than my fingers! Here's what I'm doing: the whatever-they-ares won initiative, but are in a bit of a choke point at this juncture. They are slowly making their way through the hole. So I'll allow first shots to get off. If you have a firing rate of more than 1, then those shots will go off after the wta (whatever-they-ares) attack. If I don't have everyone's attack by the end of the round then we'll NPC those folks until further notice. At this point I'll allow shots from Elwita, Blodgett, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess and Kayen. But the thing is, if you want to use a bow/missile weapons, it'll cost you segments (negatives to your initiative) to drop your bow and draw your melee weapon. Which may not matter, but some of the folks in that arc of missileers may not want to do that. If anyone is charging forward let me know. I think that's the crux, I'll move us forward.

The hissing gets louder as you let off your shots.

Blodgett and Freda can be heard blindly cursing as they hear their shots whooshing into the distance. Elwita hears a dull thud, and a pained hiss from one of the wta after she fires her crossbow. The hissing gets even louder as the wta advance!

ToniXX asked me to NPC Blodgett for now. Ogre, Kayen and Eljayess can fire/hurl/shoot their missiles if they so choose. Others can also do something if not using missiles.

HPs: Elwita - 41/54; Ogre - 20/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hour, 58 minutes) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by dmw71 »

I'm a little unclear as to exactly how things are playing out, Elwita did fire her crossbow in round one. With a rate of fire of 1 shot per 2 rounds, however, she will will ditch her crossbow and switch to her war hammer beginning in round two.

Elwita hears the pained hiss from the creature (or creatures) advancing upon the group and can't help but wonder who got off the lucky shot. Since blind ranged attacks are about as unsettling to Elwita as not knowing what it is they're engaging in combat with, Elwita ditches her crossbow and switches to her trusty war hammer in anticipation of her next chance to attack.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#97 Post by Alethan »

Freda's second attack for Round 1...

To Hit, Arrow+2 [1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7 -4 = 3

:(

She drops her bow and draws her sword in preparation for round 2. If possible, she'll use her shield, as well, even if it means attacking completely last in the round. She'd like to have something to draw her eyes to - the inside of her shield, as she holds it in front of her in defense.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Argennian »

Karraway continues to hold station at the doorway, shield in one hand in front of him and silver holy symbol of Pelor outstrecthed in the other, pointed at the hole in the wall.

Not knowing what could be moving to attack, or what might be coming along behind it for that matter, the cleric wants to have his Turning ability at the ready. Especially so as he sees his clerical companion Eljayess currently has weapons to hand.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by rredmond »

I know what 4 characters are doing. I'm going to let this go the weekend though, I see everyone in this game has checked the forums between last night and today. So I want to give them the opportunity to get their actions in. There's another holiday weekend this weekend too, Greek Orthodox Easter I think??? Maybe... I'll move things along, on Monday morn. ;)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess is like wise holding a spear and shield. No arrows from her. Continuing to shield her eyes (pun intended) she advances and stabs.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”