Action Thread 2

Knight of Gondor
Runner
Runner

Re: Action Thread 2

#61 Post by Knight of Gondor »

Delgath reattaches his belt pouch, picks up the lantern and his staff Unless Phanstern takes his latern back and then looks away from from hole.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Argennian »

Karraway continues to strain his ears and keep his attention towards the hallway they just came from. Not knowing what's happening up front is making his heart race and the cleric takes a deep breath to steady himself. "Mighty Pelor, grant us your strength and the power of Your Light! Protect my companions and guide us to victory!"

Edit: sp
Last edited by Argennian on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 1:22am

Hearing her companions cries to be careful, and Delgath's frustrated search for a mirror, Elwita moves forward and sticks her head in the opening she created to get a better look.

Still no evil creatures appear to be out a-wandering and it is quieter than quiet now that the hammer strokes have ended.

PM sent.

HPs: Elwita - 41/54; Ogre - 20/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (2 hours, 4 minutes) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
[/quote]
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Llama
Runner
Runner

#64 Post by Llama »

Kayen lowers his head while Karraway prays to his god. When the prayer finishes, he quietly whispers, "The last room seemed less sinister than this..."
Kayen Telva - 4 Fighter/4 Magic User - Slaves Pits of the Undercity

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Hearing her companions cries to be careful, and Delgath's frustrated search for a mirror, Elwita moves forward and sticks her head in the opening she created to get a better look.

Still no evil creatures appear to be out a-wandering and it is quieter than quiet now that the hammer strokes have ended.
Elwita pulls her head back into the room. She turns to speak to the rest of the party:

"There's lots of rubble in there, and I heard some scuffling and moving of rubble sounds in an opening over there." Points in a southerly direction.

"Many of ye seem to be spooked by this new room. What say ye?"

Elwita instinctively begins to loosen and tighten her grip on her battle axe anticipating a battle whichever course of action the party ultimately decides to take -- be it the sounds heard on the other side of the wall or the ghouls the group previously ignored.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#67 Post by Alethan »

Sorry, what door did you close and which side of it are we supposed to be on?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by Alethan »

So... you want to close the door and lock those of us who are in the room in? Or is this after everyone leaves the room?

Basically, we have two choices here.

Press forward with the courtyard of statues of people that probably used to be living.

Or go back to the hallway with the meeping ghouls and fight them to get past. Who knows - at this point, they're probably not turned anymore and could be heading towards us since the door that was keeping them from this side of that burned out room is now busted down.

Freda is probably going to vote for developing some strategic way of getting past/through the ghouls vs. fighting something that turns people to stone (this is, of course, an assumption...).

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#70 Post by dmw71 »

"I only got but a wee look at 'em and don't recall their exact poses, but the statues appeared lifelike." Elwita tilts her head and casts her eyes skyward in contemplation. "Aye, perhaps some of them were in huddled poses. Can't say out of fear for sure, though. A closer look would be required."
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#71 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett shifts from side to side nervously as he contemplates what Elwita just said. I say we turn back, as we might have a better chance against ghouls than being turned to stone.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#72 Post by migellito »

"Is there something around we could toss into the room before us to see if something reacts?"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by rredmond »

The floor is littered with junk, and the hole in the wall is certainly big enough.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by Nuke66 »

Alethan wrote:So... you want to close the door and lock those of us who are in the room in? Or is this after everyone leaves the room?

Basically, we have two choices here.

Press forward with the courtyard of statues of people that probably used to be living.

Or go back to the hallway with the meeping ghouls and fight them to get past. Who knows - at this point, they're probably not turned anymore and could be heading towards us since the door that was keeping them from this side of that burned out room is now busted down.

Freda is probably going to vote for developing some strategic way of getting past/through the ghouls vs. fighting something that turns people to stone (this is, of course, an assumption...).

Assuming that we are going to brave the courtyard, I was going to lock the door behind us to reduce any chance of being come upon from the rear by a group of ghouls.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 1:24am

Considering Eljayess' statements, the door is definitely still open.

While the party talks, everyone hears the shuffling movement and everyone can tell it's getting closer to the hole. Hard to tell how close without looking in, or getting closer to that hole, though.

HPs: Elwita - 41/54; Ogre - 20/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (2 hours, 2 minutes) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by Alethan »

"Everyone clear away from the opening," Freda whispers. "We'll try to take it out with ranged attacks. It might be safer that way. Don't look at it, though..."

Freda shoulders her shield and sheathes her sword. She will draw some of her magical arrows and prepare for combat. She'll line up her sight on the opening while there is nothing there, then pick an object on the ground that is near the opening and stare at it, and, if the need arises, will try to shoot at the target without looking at it.

(Preparing her ranged weapon ahead of time will allow her to use her surprise bonus to help determine her initiative.)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:While the party talks, everyone hears the shuffling movement and everyone can tell it's getting closer to the hole. Hard to tell how close without looking in, or getting closer to that hole, though.
"Blast!" Elwita voices her frustration with her lack of decisiveness and the situation in general.

She turns to the party.

"These legs of mine can only carry me so fast. It might already be too late for me, but if we're going to run, we need to run now." Pause. "And if we're gonna fight... best we be prepared."

Freda's whisper is somehow able to penetrate her concentration.
Alethan wrote:"Everyone clear away from the opening," Freda whispers. "We'll try to take it out with ranged attacks. It might be safer that way.
"A mighty fine idea." Elwita agrees aloud in the event anyone is listening.

While never turning her back on the opening, Elwita begins to carefully take steps backwards in a slow withdraw. She instinctively begins to switch weapons; securing her trusty war hammer and loading a quarrel into her heavy crossbow.
Alethan wrote:Don't look at it, though..."
Then she wonders aloud.

"Do we just fire without looking? We don't know what is even making this sound. What if it's a slave?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by Alethan »

"Err..." Freda stumbles, having not thought that part out.

"We'll just tell them to call out 'Mercy!' or die!"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#79 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Err..." Freda stumbles, having not thought that part out.

"We'll just tell them to call out 'Mercy!' or die!"
"Identify yourself!" Elwita calls out in common, dwarven and gnome towards the direction of the sound. (ooc: She doesn't use goblin, kobold or orcish as... well... she hates them and, despite her alignment, really wouldn't mind one of those being peppered by arrows, bolts or other ranged weapons).
-- Project --
-- DM --

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by Computer +1 »

A brave lot of fools we are.

Ogre awaits whatever is coming with a grimace