OOC

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC

#1 Post by rredmond »

I just wanted to set this up so you could start talking about characters you want to play. And any other out of character stuff.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

leebrown1990
Strider
Strider

Re: OOC

#2 Post by leebrown1990 »

I'm already involved in games as a Druid, Illusionist and Theif. Also having control over a MU and fighter as secondary characters....

So I think I'd like to try my hands at a Cleric or Paladin, stat roll providing.

Cheers,
Lee

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Nuke66 »

Well, with a 2-4th level starting point. Exp of 5k+1d4?

I have this ideal of a thief/MU, with a spell selection the primarily that enhances the thieving.

leebrown1990
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by leebrown1990 »

7 PC's or 3rd level (as it stands now) or 8 PC's of 2nd level you said right Rredmond?

Cheers,
Lee

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Correct. I'll figure out XPs for multiclassing too in a bit. But generally for singe class those levels should hold true.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Norjax »

Norjax checking in. :)

I'd prefer to play a fighter, cleric or thief.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Computer +1 »

I am going with some magic this time!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

I would prefer to play a cleric or fighter. I'd also consider a paladin as well if I get the rolls to qualify for the class.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Nuke66 »

Just a strange thought, and a way to slow down chargen even more.....

But do you guys want to kinda do it like a FtF game would be? Roll stats, post, discuss? or am I just being nostalgic?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by dmw71 »

Nuke66 wrote:But do you guys want to kinda do it like a FtF game would be? Roll stats, post, discuss? or am I just being nostalgic?
I'd be fine with that. I just generated my rolls and, well, I can be pretty much any class that doesn't require attribute minimums.

Stats: CHR:11, STR:12, WIS:12, DEX:12, INT:6, CON:11

I shifted the ability scores around slightly with the idea of creating a cleric or fighter, but I'd be willing to float that 6 around to another ability if someone really wants me to play a magic-user. :D

By the way, does anyone know the Campaign ID for this adventure?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Argennian »

Howdy all!

Just checking in to say hey and see what's cooking. I'm happy to play any character and class on this one and am also willing to wait and see what the party looks like before choosing, in the interest of group balance! :ugeek:

... or could just pick something like a druid! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

Mysterious Player #8 checking in.

My playing style, and thus my characters, tends to be of the "leading" sort. I'm an Alpha personality. It's difficult to hide. But for this campaign, I'm going with a supporting class (MU) and will play more of a background role. I will still be an active participant, of course, but it definitely won't be a party leading role. Or second in command, even.

So my biggest personal challenge in this game is going to be taking a step back and letting others pick up the lead. ;)

That said, here are some of my rolls...

Stats: DEX:16, INT:17, WIS:14, STR:13, CON:12, CHR:14
Starting Hit Points [2d4] = 8
Starting Money [2d4x10] = 2x10 = 20

I lucked out in my HP roll but crapped out with my starting money. Thank goodness this isn't a gear-dependent character!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by rredmond »

I'm going to 2550 as the experience point total. That gives a thief third level, but paladins (if you get the rolls) are in play and multi-class folks will have options. You've got to up with your gold, you can have the clothes on your back and a weeks worth of rations from mommy. But I'm going to add something fun, never done this before but might yield interesting results. Everyone gets a 20% chance to roll for a magic item on sub table one in the OSRIC manual on page 167. If you roll 20 or under on percentile then you roll once on the table. What you get is yours, no re-rolling though swapping may be in order - if more than one person gets that lucky.
I'll set up PC thread and campaign ID later today.
All classes except Assassin are in from OSRIC, As are class combos, no evil, and single class fighters can have single specialization.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by rredmond »

New threads are up! Please take a peek.

My normal "three posts a week please" stands. Let us know if you are going to be away for any length of time. If someone is AFK for three or more days, the party can NPC them, and I'll PM them, if it continues for say another week without response, then we'll move from there to remove the player, and figure out what to do with the character.

My DM style is "let the dice fall where they may" but also flexibility in the name of fun. If you can figure out a creative way for your character to avoid that imminent death, I'm all ears for a plan and the (DM decided) applicable dice rolls. I say have fun! Of course character death doesn't mean you are out of the game either, but that's a bridge we'll cross when we come to it.

Let me know if there are any further questions. Here or in PM. Start building your characters and we'll get redy to enter the caverns! :D

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by rredmond »

Another thing. I want to put some of the record keeping on you all. For two reasons, some of us are more active in the forums than others, so it's a good idea for them to keep records. Also, it makes more sense to assign it to you guys as it really impacts you. What I'd like to do is assign folks to keep up the following posts (I'll assign it to you, then you keep it up by editing it so it'll stay at the top of the thread):
In the Party Treasure and Kills thread:
Treasure:
Kills:
the rest of this thread can be for reminders when something is forgotten, or for more details, but I'd like one person to track treasure in the first post and one to track kills in the second.

In the Action TOP/SOP Thread:
Marching Order:
Watch Schedule:
SOPs (for whatever you'd like to set up):
NPCs: (maybe... I can take this on if need be):

So any takers?

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Norjax »

Here are my character stats. I didn't rearrange the stats before I accepted, so I'm "stuck" with these results:

Stats: STR:16, INT:17, WIS:14, DEX:15, CON:12, CHR:16

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Nuke66 »

Norjax wrote:Here are my character stats. I didn't rearrange the stats before I accepted, so I'm "stuck" with these results:

Not really, the dice roller is independent....it's not really linked to a character sheet.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#18 Post by Alethan »

Nuke66 wrote:
Norjax wrote:Here are my character stats. I didn't rearrange the stats before I accepted, so I'm "stuck" with these results:

Not really, the dice roller is independent....it's not really linked to a character sheet.

Yeah, feel free to rearrange as necessary, Norjax.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:But I'm going to add something fun, never done this before but might yield interesting results. Everyone gets a 20% chance to roll for a magic item on sub table one in the OSRIC manual on page 167. If you roll 20 or under on percentile then you roll once on the table. What you get is yours, no re-rolling though swapping may be in order - if more than one person gets that lucky.
Damn...

Ilhalevar's chance for a magical item [1d100] = 28

So close! :(

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Norjax »

Alethan wrote:Yeah, feel free to rearrange as necessary, Norjax.
Thanks. A rookie mistake. :oops:

Norjax Thall's chance for magic:

[1d100] = 39

Nope!

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”