[Compled] Expedition - Bromric/Demon - 30 April, 1 VC

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Unpronouncable/Release a Demon - 30 April,

#461 Post by Marullus »

Okay, we all subtract 100gp, Melvin adds 399gp. We've hired the Bard, Abi studies the treasure, Melvin loses all claims upon it or its magic.

-100gp
Last edited by Marullus on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by Zhym »

Done on Melvin's end.

+399 gp, +50 xp

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by Keehnelf »

With regard to the hard, I'm not sure if there's a misunderstanding xp-wise.

In order to gain xp, you can tribute one PC (including yourself), but the tribute cost must be 100x current level in gp. That would be the new level based on advancement when you arrived in town. And only one PC gets that benefit. You could theoretically do this once for each PC involved and make it "one" tribute, but mechanically it would be multiple.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Zhym »

I think Marullus is thinking about this:
Keehnelf wrote:A. Monuments to Fallen Adventurers

Sometimes you want to do more than tell stories. Sometimes, you want everyone to know, even those that come long after you pass on, that there was a hero or heroine or trusted friend or ally, or vigilant protector, or wise wizard, or noble leader. You want their memory to live on.

When an adventurer has died or disappeared during an expedition, and news of it reaches town OR six months have passed since the adventurer disappeared (in the case of a whole group going lost in the wild with no survivors, for example), a PC who traveled at least once with the missing/lost PC may initiate a collection to establish a monument to the individual.

Any PC, while in town after the date that the monument fund collection begins, can donate up to 100gp in cash or other valuables to the fund per level of the lost character. Only one donation, at one time, may be made per character. Any number of PCs may contribute to the memorial fund.

The organizing PC can close the collection at any date in which they are in town, and construction of the monument will begin based on the money collected and the desires of the organizing PC (and local zoning laws). Once the monument has been constructed, the next PC created by the memorialized PC's player will gain starting XP based on the total value of the monument, on a one-to-one basis (so a 2,000gp monument would give their starting character 2,000xp to begin). At the same time, all PCs who donated to the fund will immediately receive XP equal to half of the cash or item value donated.
As I read that, we'd each have to donate 100 gp (not 17 each) to constructing a monument to Constance, in return for which we'd each get 50 xp and Mister-kent, were he still active, would start his next PC with 600 xp instead of zero.

Fixing the GP for XP thing: +17 gp, -50 XP for Melvin.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by Keehnelf »

Yes, for that you donate on an individual basis up to the cap and get 50% returns on it.

Also, technically you could erect a monument to Seadu-That-Was using those rules as well.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by Zhym »

Seadu-that-is contributing to a monument to Seadu-that-was somehow seems ethically iffy. :D

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Keehnelf »

That's true--and why I guess I need to clarify that you can't donate to your own monument for xp, unless you're using the tribute rules instead.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by Marullus »

Sorry... I was referring to this, which I would have sworn I stole from you but which I apparently didn't, because I don't see it now in your house rules. :oops:
C. Tributes to Expeditions

Gaul is populated by those willing to travel here to find something... more. The legends, in tale and song, that arise from expeditions into the wilderness are popular tavern fare. If a dramatic tale or song is composed and told in the tavern (written and posted by a player from the expedition), the teller gets 100xp and everyone on that expedition gains 50xp. [A CHA check will be made by the GM, modified by the quality of the post, to see if it is catchy enough. If it succeeds, the XP is awarded and the tale will be immortalized in the Songs of Gaul thread. If it fails, they get heckled instead. The group can pay 100gp to a minstrel in the tavern and ensure the test passes instead. Only one test per expedition.]
If you don't have an equivalent to that, then rescind my request.

We do have Abi asking for us to cover her guild membership fee (which is waaay cheaper than asking Wendall to do something). Let's take 40 from the 100for her, then each get 6gp back. Good?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by Keehnelf »

I don't have an equivalent--there's tributes and then memorials.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by Keehnelf »

That being said, there is a lot of room in that expedition for tributes of various kinds.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by Starbeard »

I like the idea of erecting a monument to Constance, and would be willing to pitch in a full 100gp to get 50xp.

Assuming construction wasn't permanently abandoned after the battle, Seadu should have a small wooden building suitable for himself, with a small space in front for ceremonial rites. It was intended to be the beginnings of a temple to Veles, but now he's got options.
Starbeard wrote:So, on 28 April as he is trying to unload some of his cash on new equipment, Seadu would also like to invest in a small building at/near the site of Crivit's proposed monument. To start, he'd like a small wooden building built by 4 workers (12 days, 100gp+48gp). If possible, he'd also like to invest in a small area of undeveloped space around the building, to leave room for possible future memorials/tombs/ceremonies with flaming pyres/etc. Say enough room for 8 more memorials, plus a small space directly in front of the building for ceremonial rites. How much would that cost?
Starbeard wrote:With the battle supposedly looming around the corner, better make it inside.

That's 100gp + 48gp for 4 workers for 12 days + 50gp for extra land, totalling 198gp deducted from Seadu.
He's making the arrangements on 28 April, not sure how long it will take to get the materials and workers ready.
If it were kosher, I suppose an effigy for Seadu-That-Was could be done in the form of dismantling his little chapel. Still, I'd rather repurpose it if we can. It hasn't yet been consecrated as a temple to Veles, but it was specifically built at/near Crivit's monument (who was also a Veles cleric). What would your ruling be on repurposing that space for the dwarvenheim? Since Crivit was part of the expeditions to the dwarf ruin, I suppose we could even figure some way of incorporating his monument into the dwarfheim as well.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#472 Post by Keehnelf »

Yes, it is constructed but has not been consecrated in any way (there were no priests of Veles to do so in the absence of Seadu).

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”