Action Thread 1

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 1

#121 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl holds up and looks around.

We're gonna be shittin in the dark real soon, better find a spot to stop.

He scans the immediate area around the road to see if anything looks appealing.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by rredmond »

It's always best for weary travellers to rest when it's dark, it avoids... issues, the cleric agrees.
Also taking a Fharlanghn-peek around for where weary travelers might be able to rest safely.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Argennian »

Brok takes a slow and deliberate reconnoiter about them as they discuss their plans for camp and where. He's sure to notate any wildlife they spot, especially those of the avian type that might be flying high above.

He finally speaks up in turn. "Aye, I'd say we should make camp short of the intersection, just in case it's being watched..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#124 Post by Alethan »

"Do we want to still be able to watch the road and have no fire? Or move far enough away that we can put something (rocks, boulders, trees, small hill) between us and the road and make a fire? Might be the last chance for a warm meal in a while... we get much further and we're going to have to really watch ourselves."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#125 Post by ToniXX »

No matter what you end up doing, please post your watch cycle if you plan on having a watch.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#126 Post by Alethan »

Watch Cycle:

So... we have five players and three NPCs? That means we can do 4 sets of 2 and 2 hours each rotation.

10pm-12am: Francisco Tazaran
12am-2am: _____ Zin
2am-4am: _____ ______
4am-6am: _____ ______

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:"Do we want to still be able to watch the road and have no fire? Or move far enough away that we can put something (rocks, boulders, trees, small hill) between us and the road and make a fire? Might be the last chance for a warm meal in a while... we get much further and we're going to have to really watch ourselves."
"Although I would certainly welcome a warm fire and hot meal, those lucky brigands that escaped us have me concerned. They very well may be part of a larger group and could have gotten word back already of our encounter. I would humbly vote that we begin excersizing additional measures of caution from here on out. One can never be too cautious, I always say. Let us move off the road enough to not be easily discovered or noticed. If the moon is bright and the night clear enough, perhaps we could watch the road from a distance?"

Brok will also lend his eye to looking for a large tree, some bushes or rocks or any kind of geographical location that could hide the party but still afford a view of the road and surrounding area.

Alethan wrote:Watch Cycle:

So... we have five players and three NPCs? That means we can do 4 sets of 2 and 2 hours each rotation.

12am-2am: _____ Zin
2am-4am: _____ ______
4am-6am: _____ ______

OOC: Brok will volunteer for the 2nd watch with Zin.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet will take last watch to offer his prayers to the road soon to be traveled!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#129 Post by migellito »

Kurn volunteers for the 2am watch as he helps set up the camp. He then gets into his pack for some food and eats while he examines the dagger more closely. "Thank you for this. I'll try it out as soon as I have the opportunity."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#130 Post by Alethan »

So then we have:

12am-2am: Brok Zin
2am-4am: Kurn ______
4am-6am: Nunyet ______

That leaves Yarl (and his hireling) and Cis to determine where to go. If Cis is going to be NPC'd, then Computer+1 should just pick the spot he wants and we'll plug Cis in the last spot.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#131 Post by ToniXX »

Day 2 (6 Delian) – night
I don't want to force anyone's hand on the watch cycle, but I want to move this along, soooo...

The Newiron hills are mostly covered with low scrub, with the occasional rocky outcrop, clump of low bushes, and even rarer tree. North and well off the road (about 1500 feet) you find a particularly secluded area of bushes and a few large boulders, and begin to make camp.

The night is quiet and unusually warm, with a half moon that gives a decent amount of light below. The first watch cycle passes without incident.

PM sent.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Argennian »

"Trouble!" Brok snaps deeply so that his warning will be heard by all, and then, "Cis, your druid powers!"

Brok moves toward the edge of camp, in the direction of the threat, longsword and dagger to hand and ready!

OOC: Brok will move to the edge of camp to make himself the closet target.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#133 Post by Alethan »

Francisco jumps up, forgoing his chain armour (which would probably take several rounds to put on, right?), and grabs his sword and loaded crossbow and follows Brok.

On the way, he kneels by Kurn and whispers, "You might get a chance to use that dagger here, brother Kurn. See if you can sneak around whatever it is out there and get at it from behind. We'll hold on our attacks until we can see if it is friend or foe. If foe, have at it."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet wipes his eyes clear, and also gets right up foregoing armor.
He grabs his throwing hammers and shoves his war hammer in his belt.
Where? He asks then, finding Brok, starts to head that way scanning for trouble all around.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#135 Post by ToniXX »

Cis hears his name called, and rises, (still wearing his leather armor), grabs his sickle, and moves towards Brok's voice. He, Francisco and Nunyet can now see that Brok and Zin are facing three wild boars.

Yes, putting armor on would take a couple of rounds.

Please roll initiative and state actions.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by rredmond »

Are they already engaged, or can I throw a hammer?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#137 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 1
(bah... sorry, folks)

If not yet fully engaged, Francisco will fire his crossbow.

To Hit, Light Crossbow [1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16
Damage, Light Crossbow [1d4+3] = 4+3 = 7

If engaged, then he'll set it down and attack with his long sword.

Just subtract two from the To Hit roll (so, 14) and...
Damage, Longsword (S/M) [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7

(Initiative question: If Francisco gets 3/2 attacks per round, then his first attack goes before the wild boars attack, regardless of initiative, correct?)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#138 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote:Are they already engaged, or can I throw a hammer?
The boars are about 10 feet from Brok and Zin, so a thrown hammer should be fine. I'm going to say that you're about 35 feet from them.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#139 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote: (Initiative question: If Francisco gets 3/2 attacks per round, then his first attack goes before the wild boars attack, regardless of initiative, correct?)
This is a good question. I think the answer is yes, but I'm still looking over the OSRIC manual. The answer seems to be on p121, but it is not immediately evident to me. Any other opinions on this?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#140 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote: Any other opinions on this?[/ooc]
Oh, no! You know Ron is going to throw that ADDICT document out there! I couldn't see straight for two hours after trying to figure it all out!

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”