#101 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl looks up from his looting to yell at Nunyet

He is fine. He ain't here to fight.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 1

#102 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet just looks at Yarl, not in any aggressive way, but in a calm and assessing manner and replies, "we are all here to fight when it comes to it, and that wasn't my question. Though now it is, because if there's someone in the company not willing to take up arms, then this can be a liability in combat." Nunyet shrugs, "It's good to know that he serves a different purpose, though" and he turns again to Phâramac, "your best bet is to move to the center of the group, not the back, as smarter brigands would have surrounded us." At this Nunyet bows to Phâramac and nods to Yarl.

"Shall we continue on," Nunyet says to the group.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:"Shall we continue on," Nunyet says to the group.
"Aye, let's leave a message for any would-be robbers, though."

Francisco drags the bodies off to the north side of the road and lines them up so their feet are facing the road and their heads are facing north. Then, using his sword, he hacks off the left hand of each corpse and places it on its chest.

Once that is all done, he wipes his blade clean, sheathes it, and says, "It's a gruesome task, but if it makes someone think twice about highway robbin', then maybe it's worth it." Then he picks up his crossbow, rests it in the crook of his arm, and resumes walking.

Oy. I'd forgotten about the two hirelings Francisco paid for, too! They should definitely stay in the middle of the group, as well.

Also... probably not a bad idea to immediately split any loot we find, as long as it isn't huge amounts of coin that would take forever to count.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Argennian »

Brok is quick to ensure that the brigand leader is relieved of any items he might be carrying, including the tunic* he's wearing, prior to covering the party with his bow as the ranger sets to leaving his message.

As he's finishing up, the squire offers up some observations to the others. "They wear heraldry that signifies they are from Zevorond, the neighboring province to the west of Newiron. Odd that the town they were looking for is on the border of Zevorond and Newiron. Surely they would be aware it's true location..." He looks around their perimeter to ensure they aren't being watched. "Anyway, we'd be keen to mark well the faces and likenesses of the ones that fled, lest we see them again. Admittedly, twas a shame we could not have... questioned one them a bit?" he offers, eyebrows up and smirky grin included!

OOC: * Toni, just wanted to make sure to note that I was taking a Zevorond tunic! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

leebrown1990
Strider
Strider

#105 Post by leebrown1990 »

Cis wipes the blood from his spear with a rag while addressing the hirelings, first the younger lads "They are right, you should stay close."

Then Phâramac "Same for you, this was not a time for you too fight. But that time may come. An Orc is more savage than cowardly thief, keep thinking that. Things will not get easier."

Cis put a flat palm to the ground, and say a brief prayer in his native dialect.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#106 Post by migellito »

As the activity of securing the battle site winds down, Kurn says simply "let's get moving."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#107 Post by ToniXX »

Okay guys, I'm back. Sorry for the extended absence, and thanks for your patience.

Please post your actions. Unless you plan to make camp, please post your marching orders too. Remember, we're about an hour until sunset, and you're traveling roughly west on a fairly major road.

It will probably take me a little time to get back into things, as I haven't cracked a D&D book in a month or so. So be patient and remind me of things if I forget.
Argennian wrote: OOC: * Toni, just wanted to make sure to note that I was taking a Zevorond tunic! :)
Got it, Arg! Will you be donning it or just keeping it in your pack?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#108 Post by Alethan »

(... oh, right, Francisco... :) )

Francisco nods at Kurn and says, "I agree. Let's put some distance between us and this mess before we make camp."

When everything is packed up, he takes the lead and gets the party back onto the road, heading towards the temple.

Maybe try to put as much distance away from the small fight as possible, until it looks like there is about 15 or 20 minutes to nightfall? Then pull off to the side of the road to make camp? What does everyone else think?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Argennian »

Brok makes sure to secure any and all items the brigand leader had on his person and will then ready his bow and an arrow, preparing to follow Francisco and the others.
ToniXX wrote:
Argennian wrote:OOC: * Toni, just wanted to make sure to note that I was taking a Zevorond tunic! :)
Got it, Arg! Will you be donning it or just keeping it in your pack?
OOC: Keeping it in his pack for now! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl loots what he can and moves in line muttering to himself.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:... Francisco nods at Kurn and says, "I agree. Let's put some distance between us and this mess before we make camp."

When everything is packed up, he takes the lead and gets the party back onto the road, heading towards the temple.
Brok falls into marching order at his regular spot, with bow ready and arrow to hand, and keeps his eyes busy in the direction the surviving brigands fled, and also the rearguard.

Alethan wrote:Maybe try to put as much distance away from the small fight as possible, until it looks like there is about 15 or 20 minutes to nightfall? Then pull off to the side of the road to make camp? What does everyone else think?

OOC: Sounds good to me. Brok will dutifully follow Francisco's lead here.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#112 Post by ToniXX »

Okay, before we move on, I'd better let you know what you found when searching the dead brigands:
The leader had 7gp on him, as well as a pouch of 4 gems and a well-crafted dagger with a fancy leather sheath. The others had 5gp, 6gp, 5gp, and 4gp on them, and nothing much else of interest besides their clothing, armor (leather in all cases), a small shield and their weapons (short sword in all cases). None of this stuff was particularly hard to find, and if anyone (thief) wants to check further, let me know. (do we even have a thief in the party? I forget)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:Okay, before we move on, I'd better let you know what you found when searching the dead brigands:
The leader had 7gp on him, as well as a pouch of 4 gems and a well-crafted dagger with a fancy leather sheath. The others had 5gp, 6gp, 5gp, and 4gp on them, and nothing much else of interest besides their clothing, armor (leather in all cases), a small shield and their weapons (short sword in all cases). None of this stuff was particularly hard to find, and if anyone (thief) wants to check further, let me know. (do we even have a thief in the party? I forget)

OOC: We have our 3rd level thief, Kurn Briar (played by migellito), and Brok operates as a 1st level thief. I know that Brok would certainly urge Kurn and the others to give these dead blokes a good friskin before we make 'em into a message! He'd be hoping for a note, a trinket or any kind of clue that might proffer something about them, their origin and if they might've been expecting us...

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#114 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote:Okay, before we move on, I'd better let you know what you found when searching the dead brigands:
27gp
(4) gems (unknown value)
well-crafted dagger w/fancy sheath (check to see if magical)

I'll update the treasure thread.

I think we'd be OK with NPCing Migellito's character to search the bodies, don't you?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#115 Post by Alethan »

Francisco eyes the fancy dagger and tests its edge with the tip of his finger. He puts it back in its sheath and holds it out in front of him.

"Kurn, Brok... either of you boys want to put this dagger to work next chance you get and see if it happens to be more useful than a regular one?"

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#116 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote: OOC: We have our 3rd level thief, Kurn Briar (played by migellito), and Brok operates as a 1st level thief. I know that Brok would certainly urge Kurn and the others to give these dead blokes a good friskin before we make 'em into a message! He'd be hoping for a note, a trinket or any kind of clue that might proffer something about them, their origin and if they might've been expecting us...
Kurn finds nothing else of real value on the brigands. On the leader he finds a few scraps of paper, and on one, written in common, is the following:
26 Deilan - The Windcaster will dock on the east side. See Inetor.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Argennian »

Brok hands the ranger the dagger he's just found on the brigand leader.
Alethan wrote:Francisco eyes the fancy dagger and tests its edge with the tip of his finger. He puts it back in its sheath and holds it out in front of him.

"Kurn, Brok... either of you boys want to put this dagger to work next chance you get and see if it happens to be more useful than a regular one?"
Brok smiles. "I would be honored, Francisco!" he exalts with a slight bow and flourish of his hand, taking the ornate weapon back from the ranger.

ToniXX wrote:Kurn finds nothing else of real value on the brigands. On the leader he finds a few scraps of paper, and on one, written in common, is the following:
26 Deilan - The Windcaster will dock on the east side. See Inetor.
Brok chastises himself for not finding the note on the brigand leader. "Well done, Kurn! This is the kind of treasure that I was really interested in." Brok will ask to hold the note, so that he may study the writing. He'll offer the dagger to Kurn.

Edit: marking note and gems/7gp from brigand leader on character sheet. Note: this is considered party treasure and is just to notate whose carrying what. Brok gave the dagger to Kurn.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#118 Post by ToniXX »

Just so you all know, today is 6 Delian.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#119 Post by ToniXX »

Day 2 (6 Delian) – around sunset

You continue down the road for the next hour or so and get about two to three miles away from the encounter with the brigands. Nothing happens during this time, and the sun has just slipped below the hills to the west.

Right now you are on the Newiron Road, west of where if forks off the Griel route, approximately near the 'O' in 'Newiron Hills' when looking at the map. (http://www.unseenservant.us/user_files/ ... ess_lg.jpg).

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#120 Post by Alethan »

Francisco does some quick figuring as he watches the sun set below the hills and the sky begin to darken more rapidly.

"Way I figure it, we're not far from a trailhead that should be coming up on our left. But the gods of light have seen fit to leave us here... I say we pull off the road a quarter mile or so to the north and make camp. What does everyone else think?"

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”