Action Thread 1

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 1

#81 Post by Argennian »

Brok, arrow already nocked and expecting shenanigans, levels his bow at the "leader" or one that was attempting to parley. "Take one of them alive if you can!" he cries and lets fly...

1st arrow To Hit vs leader-type:
[1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13 (hits AC7)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3443

1st arrow damage:
[1d6] = 5

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3444

Already in rearguard to the back and left side, Brok will continue to move backward and left slowly as he draws another arrow and prepares to fire. He'll target the leader-type again, but only if he's still unengaged. If he's not, Brok will target the closest brigand that's unengaged and fire on them.

Note: If all of the baddies are engaged in melee before Brok can fire his 2nd arrow, he will not fire into combat and chance hitting a party member. Instead, he'll carefully drop his bow and draw his sword and shield, preparing to maneuver in support of his comrades.

If possible to take clear shot:

2nd arrow vs leader-type (or any unengaged opponent):
[1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14 (hits AC6)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3445

2nd arrow damage (if needed):
[1d6] = 1

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3446
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Initiative [1d6] = 2
Party Initiative: 2
Brok/Francisco's Initiative*: 4*
(* or anyone else with a thrown/hurled weapon to hand!)

OOC: * Point of Order: As per the OSRIC combat rules (pg120-122), namely initiative/missile fire bonus (pg121, first paragraph), anyone that has a missile weapon (including hurled weapons) ready to hand when initiative is rolled gets their Dex/Reaction bonus added to the initiative roll, just as in a surprise round. (Note: if Nunyet had a reaction bonus, he would've gotten the modifier as well, having drawn his throwing hammer!)

Therefore, Brok and Francisco would get their +2 reaction bonus, bringing their initiative to 4 from 2. (i.e. 2 +2 reaction bonus from Dex = 4). So, instead of going on the 4th segment of the 6 segment round, they would go in the 2nd segment! :geek:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#83 Post by migellito »

Kurn whips 2 daggers out from under his sleeves, one in each hand, and throws them at one of the filthy highwaymen.

Thrown Dagger Attack [1d4] = 1 damage | [1d20] = 20 from thaco19 = AC-1

Thrown Dagger Attack [1d4] = 4 damage | [1d20] = 15 from thaco19 = AC4

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by Alethan »

Nice rolls, gents.

No worries, C+1; you're just getting all of the bad rolls out of the way. I bet the next ones will start looking better.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#85 Post by ToniXX »

I'll sort this first round out later today (hopefully). I wanted to get to it sooner, as it seems everyone has posted, but I just don't have time this morning. Thanks
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#86 Post by ToniXX »

Day 2 – an hour before sunset
Round 1 - Battle with the brigands

Brigands initiative: initiative [1d6] = 5

The four brigands coming from the bushes move into melee range with the party and attack with their drawn short swords. They attack Francisco, Nunyet, Yarl and Kurn, all missing their marks.

Brok's first arrow hits its target, wounding the brigand leader. Francisco, Nunyet and Yarl all miss with their attacks, but both of Kurn's thrown daggers hit, dropping his target.
Brok's second arrow also hits. The brigand leader still stands, but looks like a pincushion!

The other four brigands are moving towards the party and will be within melee range next round. Yarl's hired man quickly moves to the back of the party. He shows no menace towards the brigands.

Francisco can attack again with his crossbow, but he cannot switch to melee weapon this round (had he won initiative, I would have ruled that he could drop the crossbow, draw the sword and make the second attack).

Someone roll initiative for round 2, and everyone state your actions. Everyone gets one attack this round.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by Alethan »

Quickly recovering from his initial shock of the ambush, Francisco reloads and fires another bolt, this time directing his aim towards the leader (or, that group of bad guys at least, if that is more appropriate...)

To Hit, Light Crossbow [1d20+3] = 19+3 = 22

Damage, Light Crossbow [1d4+3] = 4+3 = 7

Initiative roll for the next round...
Initiative [1d6] = 5

(Is it possible for him to drop his crossbow and draw his sword for Round 2?)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:... The other four brigands are moving towards the party and will be within melee range next round. Yarl's hired man quickly moves to the back of the party. He shows no menace towards the brigands...

OOC: ToniXX, clarification point of order in regards to bolded text above. Does Brok interpret this to mean that Yarl's man is just maneuvering to the back ranks or that he might actually be in league with these brigands?

Is Brok able to determine if any of these brigands are moving directly towards him or just the other party members?

Brok will lightly toss his shortbow behind him and draw sword and shield. If one of the highwaymen is moving to engage him, he'll stand his ground and prepare to meet him. If not, he'll maneuver to a flanking or rear position on one of the baddies that moves against one of his comrades.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#89 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:
ToniXX wrote:... The other four brigands are moving towards the party and will be within melee range next round. Yarl's hired man quickly moves to the back of the party. He shows no menace towards the brigands...

OOC: ToniXX, clarification point of order in regards to bolded text above. Does Brok interpret this to mean that Yarl's man is just maneuvering to the back ranks or that he might actually be in league with these brigands?

Is Brok able to determine if any of these brigands are moving directly towards him or just the other party members?
I'm glad you brought this up because I thought it might be confusing. Yarl's man is just maneuvering.

At this time, Brok is not able to determine if any of the baddies are moving at him directly.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#90 Post by migellito »

Kurn will remain mounted to retain that advantage, and draws his broadsword. He will try to use the mobility of his horse to flank one of the brigands advancing on the party, and attack with his broadsword.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet attacks, with heavy war hammer, the brigand who attacked him.

Assaulting fellow travelers on the road is sacrilege, he says to the man as he attacks, and you shall pay for such transgressions.

Heavy war hammer damage: [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3, to hit: [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3

Frickin' A. Fharlanghn why hast thou forsaken me!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#92 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote: Frickin' A. Fharlanghn why hast thou forsaken me!
Well spoken, my fine friend of faith!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

If Francisco is able to draw his sword for the second round, then...

To Hit, Longsword [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13 (hits AC 5)

Damage, Longsword (S/M) [1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl takes another swipe with his club at the foe he has missed twice already.

[1d20] = 19
19 + str bonus + specialization bonus = 21 Thaco = hit -3
Damage done:
[1d4+4] = 2+4 = 6

Yarl sees the other attackers coming into melee range and will back up to avoid being flanked or surrounded. (He will do this even if it leaves the nearest party member to be surrounded)

I figure out why the unseen servant has been giving me bad rolls, I have been rolling with the wrong character :( NOOB MISTAKE!!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#95 Post by ToniXX »

Day 2 – an hour before sunset
Round 2 - Battle with the brigands

All brigands are upon the party now
Brigand initiative [1d6] = 1

Francisco’s last attack in round one drops the brigand leader.
Nunyet misses with his warhammer. :(
Francisco is able to draw his sword and attack. He hits and kills the brigand that attacked him in the first round.
Yarl’s attack makes its mark, and the brigand who attacked him drops dead with a bashed in head!

Cis attacks with his spear, aiming for the brigand that is upon Nunyet:
Cis, attack with spear [1d20] = 20, damage [1d6] = 6
He hits, piercing a soft portion of the man’s leather armor, driving his spear into his heart, killing him instantly.

The three brigands that remain are stunned with the swift justice delivered by the party, and flee into the scrub north of the road, using the bushes that the four burst from as cover.

These mopes obviously didn't know who they were tangling with!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by Alethan »

If anyone else looks like they want to pursue the brigands on foot, Francisco will certainly join them. Otherwise, he'll reload his crossbow and keep it handy as he searches the bodies (starting with the leader) for anything of value or use.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by migellito »

If no one else takes off after the scoundrels, Kurn will dismount after a minute and retrieve his daggers. He will then join Francisco in relieving the dead of their valuables.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Argennian »

Seeing momentary hesitation in his companions, Brok decides against barreling into the brush after the fleeing brigands. "We know from where you hail, dogs! Show your faces again and it will be the last deed you ever do!" he yells deeply and threateningly, in a manner most unusual his refined demeanor.

After then installing his normal smiling visage, the young human sheaths his sword, stows his shield, retrieves his bow and keeps an arrow to hand. He'll make his way toward the fallen brigand leader with the intention of giving him and his personables a thorough reconnoiter!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl wipes any brain matter off his club using the clothes of the man he just killed. He then roots through the dead mans stuff to see what loot he can uncover.

Stupid farmers. Now yer dead.

He stands up and takes a long look at Francisco and mutters to himself

Shootin' rabbits, goddamn stupid rabbits wished they stayed in a hole now.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet shrugs as no one gives chase. Hangs his war hammer on his belt, and retrieves his throwing hammer. Then he takes measure of Phâramac, "you okay?"
Did Phâramac do anything out of the ordinary during the fight, other than move away from it?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”