OOC III

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC III

#221 Post by dmw71 »

While the situation is still far from great (or even good), there was a good deal of improvement in his condition today.

I have actually taken the rest of the week off from work, and will likely have a fair amount of downtime. I may not always be in a position to check in and update the game, but I do hope to keep pressing on.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by AleBelly »

Hope his condition continues to improve...sending good vibes your way.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#223 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Same here, Dave!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by onlyme »

tooleychris wrote:I think Sorsha only has 1 torch because she handed sparrows back earlier...?
viewtopic.php?f=152&t=5222&start=120#p234658

Sorsha throws a knife at the kobold sorcerer with her free hand.
: Save vs Spells (17) [1d20] = 14

I think it was Ciar's light Sorsha was supposed to be handing back, but everyone missed it . So, she kept it be default, and picked up the 2nd one later?

I would recommend making sure before anyone leaves the room (assuming we survive fancy robes in the corner) is to make sure Ciar and Sparrow claim possession of one or the other...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by tooleychris »

Actually,reading back it was Fulps torch an not Sparrows. My mistake. We'll just say she was using both torches to better light the dark corners. Disregard her attack.She will instead drop a torch and pull a blade for next round, if she survives. :D

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#226 Post by dmw71 »

Honestly, I could care less about the torches at this point... but, by my notes, Sorsha has both of them. ;)

---

I don't have time at the moment to update the game, but do plan on trying to get to it tonight. Sorry for the delays. I don't have the time, and failed my Will saving throw, so instead of typing everything out again, I will just quote what I shared in the Moderator forum, where I needed to cancel our plans to DM our Skype game this upcoming Friday.
dmw71 wrote:Hate to do it, guys, but I am not going to be in any position to be prepared for this Friday. I was off last week from work, but it was largely just moral support and being with family, but not very productive. I took off today, and probably the next couple of days, to start to formally start doing actual, productive research and planning (e.g. tying up loose ends for him at his work, contacting attorneys about updating their will, getting a Power of Attorney for me and my brothers drawn up in case something were to happen to my mom as well, etc...). So, lots of fun stuff.

My mind just isn't right to try to live DM right now, but I am excited to eventually get back into it. In what little downtime I seem to have lately, I have been looking into a few things which, if I can implement, I think will be really cool. I'm keeping these "few things" under wraps for the time being, though. ;)

I know the game has been pushed already, and there have been some conflicting dates in between as well, but we'll hopefully resume this in March sometime (the following Friday is already March 4th).

I have a bunch of phone calls to make today, during business hours, but I will definitely try to update this game again later tonight.
-- Project --
-- DM --

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by tooleychris »

So sorry for your loss, Dave. Lost my father a few years ago. It's a terrible experience trying to figure out all the details while grieving.

Edit: was just informed you haven't lost your father. I misinterpreted your post and...now am an ass.
Last edited by tooleychris on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#228 Post by Alethan »

Dave, don't worry about the game, brother. You take the time and space you need. We will be here when you are ready.

And let me know if you need anything.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by AleBelly »

Really sorry to hear that, Dave. Take all the time you need - I'm not going anywhere.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#230 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hoping things get better and a full recovery can be made!

Don't worry about us man! We will still be around here when your situation improves.

Take all the time that you need!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#231 Post by dmw71 »

tooleychris wrote:So sorry for your loss, Dave. Lost my father a few years ago. It's a terrible experience trying to figure out all the details while grieving.

Edit: was just informed you haven't lost your father. I misinterpreted your post and...now am an ass.
No worries, man. And a belated condolence to you on your loss. Barring an unexpected, massive recovery, his/our lives are forever changed, but it's just now, so soon after it happened, when we're scrambling to put pieces together.

He, thankfully, was able to breath on his own after the ventilator was removed (win!), but is still sick (now with pneumonia) and his breathing is labored, and it's difficult for him to make productive coughs (loss). While a date hadn't been set, he was slated to be sent to an awesome rehabilitation center in Chicago once he's transferred out of the ICU (win), but he, apparently, might need to be sent to a different facility if he's having difficulty breathing (loss). Just lots of little shite like that.

They live in a tri-level home, which is about as least conducive to accessible living as possible, and he insists he does not want to move, so there's that to look into. Legal stuff, like modifications of wills, powers of attorney, etc... Financial planning decisions. Lots of fun stuff like that.

These details seem to dominate my time of lately, but I do think I'll be able to carve out some time to get caught back up and post an update tonight.
-- Project --
-- DM --

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#232 Post by FantasyChic »

Honestly, worry not about this game, just do what you have to do. We can live without an update. It's more important you're with your loved ones during this time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#233 Post by saalaria »

Sorry to hear whts going on, Dave.

I second all the good thoughts and vibes. And of course - don't worry about the game, we can all deal with it being on hold for a while.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by onlyme »

Dave,
Same as the others. Dont worry about us or the game, unless it provides a relief. In that case, we'll do what we can to distract you. ;)

RL always come first. I am sure it is exhausting and stressful, but hopefully things will improve.

David
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#235 Post by dmw71 »

Just a quick check in. I'm not entirely positive when I'll be in a position to go back and figure out where everything left off, but hopefully soon. I took two weeks of paid time off from work, but was (physically) back in the office again starting yesterday. Today is day two, and not much easier to be here (especially with a lot of catching up to do).

The wife and I will be watching the season finale of 'Married at First Sight' tonight, but I will be glued to the Super Tuesday coverage otherwise. I may or may not have my laptop on, but might try to get caught back up on the situation so I'm at least that much closer to being able to update the game again.

I'm just not sure I'm ready to jump back into the daily grind again. Not yet.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by onlyme »

No worries...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#237 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Take all the time you need, Dave!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#238 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:... but I will be glued to the Super Tuesday coverage otherwise.
Good gracious, why on earth would anyone want to do that???

Re: the game, I don't have anything to add that I haven't already said. Take what time you need, Dave. Post when you can/want to post. You're leading the game; we will follow your lead.

Best wishes, brother.

Al
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#239 Post by dmw71 »

The above was the first update I made after logging in today, but I made a few others afterwards. With each successive response, something has become clear. The more I think about the change in my situation, the more I've come to realize that the biggest reason behind my reluctance to jump back in is the daily obligation. My mindset and motivation changes frequently, and there have been days over the past couple weeks where I've been totally gung-ho in my desire to play, and had the time, but not the access or ability to. There have also been days when I just didn't want to do anything... except sleep. I also can't help but think of the near- and long-term obstacles ahead, which will likely require my attention on short notice.

A daily game just doesn't fit into my capabilities any longer, and, if I'm being honest, likely won't again. At least not for a very, very long time. If I keep waiting for that perfect union of situation and opportunity and motivation, time won't be measured in weeks, but months (or longer).

So, as much as I didn't want this to happen, I don't see any choice but to reduce the posting expectation of this game once it does resume.

I haven't thought much about schedules, or set days of week -- and my situation is still so unsettled that it's not really possible yet -- but I'm thinking I can safely force myself into at least two updates per week to start, and we'll build from there. It's either that, or this game gets archived indefinitely and I'll have Greg dust off the cobwebs if/once I am ready and able to resume that type of pace, whenever that may be.

Feel free to share your thoughts here, but this game has been going on too long, and you guys have made such good progress, that I'd hate to have it completely stall out now. I just don't see any other option.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#240 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:
dmw71 wrote:... but I will be glued to the Super Tuesday coverage otherwise.
Good gracious, why on earth would anyone want to do that???
Apparently I'm just a glutton for punishment.

In all seriousness, I've never really been a very political person. My wife has always been aligned to a particular party, since grade school, and votes for the candidate from that without thought. In past elections, it was never too difficult to identify with one candidate over another, regardless of party affiliation. For some reason, maybe it's just the increased use of social media, or just the time I've had available of late, but I have able to pay much closer attention to everything and I'm finding myself waaaaaay more invested in this upcoming election than I have in any other in my history.

It's fascinating (and scary).
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”