OOC Chat — "The Public Baths"

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC Chat — "The Public Baths"

#101 Post by lordfalco »

this is the test battle we wanted to do before for pvp? if so i got my army and all setup already i be willing to reuse it:)
please bear with me, im dyslectic and a non native english person.
there can be typo's and grammar mistakes:(

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Starbeard »

Yep, this is the same scenario. I've already got it ready to go, so why not use it? :)

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#103 Post by lordfalco »

Starbeard wrote:
lordfalco wrote:wher eu guys roll ur dice? if by the roll command what is it? do i kepe editing my post? etc
In the top right corner of the webpage is a big D20, which takes you to the dice rolling site when you click on it.

You'll have to log in to that separately, then create a character and link them to this campaign (Campaign ID 331).

Then in the dice roller, make sure you have your PC selected and put the dice you want to roll in brackets, like this: [1d6], [2d6-2].

You can also label them so that we know what you're rolling for: "Initiative [1d10]", "Secondary WS [2d6-2]".

Once you make the roll it gets logged in the campaign, but you can also cut & paste the code at the bottom to your posts here.

i tried it, but for some thigns i nee dto see the results and i dont get to see the results:(

example:
'social status [1d100]'
'number of background skills [1d4-1]'

i see nothing:(

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#104 Post by lordfalco »

Starbeard wrote:Yep, this is the same scenario. I've already got it ready to go, so why not use it? :)

then i got an army ready for it with my team chosen as then aswell ofc:)
unless there changes

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Starbeard »

lordfalco wrote:i tried it, but for some thigns i nee dto see the results and i dont get to see the results:(

example:
'social status [1d100]'
'number of background skills [1d4-1]'

i see nothing:(
Hmm. I don't see any of your rolls in the log: http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... mpaign=331

Make sure you are on the front page, where it says "Roll the Dice", and have your PC selected where it says "Roll on-the-fly": http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=roll

If you don't, then they are only test rolls and won't get logged.

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#106 Post by lordfalco »

i got 2x roll on the fly and a macor thats empty.
tried both wth the new char but no succes
Last edited by lordfalco on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#107 Post by lordfalco »

got it working:)

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#108 Post by lordfalco »

is there a palce what describes what willpowe rna dcool does? i couldnt find it in faq or the char creation,

well my char is rolled up:)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Starbeard »

For those who may not be as familiar with the basic Warhammer stuff, here is a brief description of all the stats.

"Wargame Statistics"
All units have the following stats (these are basically what you get in all forms of Warhammer, both RPG and Fantasy Battles):

Move: "inches" per move phase (use 2nd number if armoured); each round has 2 move phases.
Weapon Skill: compared to opponent's WS to see what you need to roll to hit.
Ballistic Skill: compared against range to see what you need to hit.
Strength & Toughness: Strength is compared against Toughness to determine what you need to wound.
Initiative: the order of melee attacks is determined from high to low initiative.
Attacks: number of attacks you make per round.
Wounds: how many wounds you can take before you are taken out of the battle (killed).

"Role-Playing Statistics"
Characters also have these ability scores:

Intelligence: determines whether you can be a wizard, and occasionally rolled against as a standard "Knowledge check."

Cool: determines how well you can "keep your cool" under stress. Races who Hate each other may have to test their Cool to see if they attack. Really low Cool (1 or 2) means you are subject to Frenzy, and must charge enemies within range or who shoot at you, unless you make a saving throw. Really high Cool (11 or 12) a never subject to Frenzy, even magical Frenzy, and Cool 12 means you are immune to fear effects of any kind, as well as command/mind control magic.

Will Power: high WP may give you a saving throw against magical attacks, and very low WP may make you weak against magical attacks.

Leadership: rolled usually when giving orders (a failure means the order is delayed, not acted upon or misinterpreted) and rallying troops.

Constitution (wizards only): essentially your spell points, which regenerate as you rest.

Life Energy (wizards only): a much higher value than Constitution, these are permanent spell points. These points are never recovered, and once you deplete them you will lose your current magical ability, age prematurely, and eventually die or become consumed by Chaos.

Silvermane
Runner
Runner

#110 Post by Silvermane »

Er, Falco... social status 7? More socially well off even than royalty? :P
Couple of other stats you might need to re-look at, as I think you've input your roll, rather than the actual characteristic results of the roll.

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#111 Post by lordfalco »

roll of 7 yes, so i should only put my class behind it. its actually low but wasnt worht the reroll with it, same for some toehr slike ws and the letter stuff. i now jsut showed my rolls:)

it was alte yesterya when i finally got it working and wa slike now atleast my stats rolls are there:) think tomorrow evneing i cna fix it

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#112 Post by rossik »

i just cant find in the chat what and how many dice should i roll

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Rex »

I just followed the instructions in character creation and rolled once for each stat, keeping whatever I rolled (good or bad).

Silvermane
Runner
Runner

#114 Post by Silvermane »

Pretty much same as Rex, except I did use my 1 re-roll. To roll a worse result... Luckily, both results were equally bad as far as the stats brackets were concerned and so it didn't actually make the character any worse off!

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#115 Post by lordfalco »

i did use my reroll, same stat rolled better but was the same still in bracket. tomorrow i change rolls to result and write backstory, i alrdy though a bit of mine:)
good female sailor dwarf, so a pirate hunter^^

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Starbeard »

The characters are looking good!

Nobody worry about purchasing troops or servants/slaves right now, that will come with the scenario. Just take note of what free equipment you get based on your social status, and roll up your starting money (that's what you'll have with you as hard cash during the scenario).

If you are rebels then you'll have to buy your equipment with your money; if you are royalists then you automatically get whatever equipment you want for free.

Which takes us to the next step: What side are you interested in playing? Does everyone want to be on the same side, or shall you split up and take teams?

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#117 Post by lordfalco »

i say teams be more fun, but if everybody wants the same team then same team.

Silvermane
Runner
Runner

#118 Post by Silvermane »

I reckon teams as well. Would be more interesting if players had some control over both sides.

Silvermane
Runner
Runner

#119 Post by Silvermane »

One of my background talents is Jeweller, but there is no specific description as to what this does - do I make jewellery? Or can I just ascertain the quality of it for buying/selling?

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Starbeard »

Silvermane wrote:One of my background talents is Jeweller, but there is no specific description as to what this does - do I make jewellery? Or can I just ascertain the quality of it for buying/selling?
That's an oversight, I added the description in just now:

"Is aware of the value and rarity of various gems and can identify forgeries."

I imagine it also means you can produce jewellery, given the materials and tools.

Return to “Heroes of the Oldhammer Age (Warhammer 1ed)”