The Weary Traveler Inn and Tavern (4)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

The Weary Traveler Inn and Tavern (4)

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The duo of Odilo and Grillock decide against traveling to the tower ruins alone and instead head off to the tavern to get a drink.

They head back into town, passing the fishermen and the old alchemist's place, then take a left on the north road. They pass a few more buildings that look like normal residences and can see the huge inn just up ahead.

The tavern is not exactly jumping as there are only 2 patrons in the place. They look to be merchant types and appear dressed for the long road.

There is a tall middle aged man behind the bar that greets the pair as they enter.

Hullo there and Welcome to The Weary Traveler! What can I do for you? A drink? A nice home cooked meal? Maybe you would like to stay the night? We have plenty of room at the moment!
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Weary Traveler Inn and Tavern

#2 Post by Dram »

Grilock- Welcome to you my good sir. My master and I have quite the thirst. We would each like a pint Mead. What is on your menu for today? Grillock sits at table near the door.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Hullo there and Welcome to The Weary Traveler! What can I do for you? A drink? A nice home cooked meal? Maybe you would like to stay the night? We have plenty of room at the moment!
Odilo starts to speak then is interrupted by Grillock. The mage looks a bit frustrated at his friend more annoyed than mad really, just mildly annoyed.
Dram wrote:Grilock- Welcome to you my good sir. My master and I have quite the thirst. We would each like a pint Mead. What is on your menu for today? Grillock sits at table near the door.
Odilo "I can speak for myself old friend. I'd like a brandy actually not mead. That is if you have any if not wine will do. Oh and what do you have to eat?" the mage asks.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#4 Post by OGRE MAGE »

One honey mead and a snifter of brandy? Coming right up gents!

The tall man rushes back to the bar and has the drinks ready in a jiffy. He heads back to the table but doesn't set the drinks down. He takes a little closer look at the pair.

No offense meant of course but, you do have gold to pay for these, right?

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo sets a gold piece on the bar. "This i hope speaks for it's self in answer of your question good sir. Now about the food? What do you have my good man?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Dram »

Grillock- He looks at Odilo with a grin and shrug. In thieves cant he says Ereven please give me strength to endure this man.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#7 Post by OGRE MAGE »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Odilo sets a gold piece on the bar. "This i hope speaks for it's self in answer of your question good sir. Now about the food? What do you have my good man?"
Oh yes sir it surely does. I'm sorry to be like that, but we get more than our share of folk that wander in here with no coin. A struggling business owner can never be too careful you see.
He sets the drinks down on the table in front of each of you.

As for the food choices, well old Ester back there can make just about anything you like, as long as we got it. What are you hungry for my good fellows?
Dram wrote:Grillock- He looks at Odilo with a grin and shrug. In thieves cant he says Ereven please give me strength to endure this man.
The tall man raises an eyebrow at the strange words that he clearly doesn't recognize, but keeps whatever thoughts he might have about it to himself.

Great idea if you are doing what I think you are doing Dram. :mrgreen:

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Dram »

Gridlock- Sees that the barkeepdid not understand his words. Do you have any boar meat along with cheese and bread my good sir. He looks to see if any of the patrons in the tavern may have heard his words.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ah yes! Roast boar with fresh bread and cheese. Perhaps some fresh greens as well? I will get my girl right on it good sir! And I will get another round for you and your grimy friend here.

Oh good heavens! Where are my manners? I am Yon! Yon Jonson! And this is my place! It is run by my family! The Jonsons! Sorry, I didn't get your names.

You don't think anyone else understood your thief words either. They probably all just think you two are insane.

Gridlock? :lol: I'm gotta start calling him that now.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo Olilo figured I'd start jumbling my characters name like Dram :P "Ah yes that boars meat sounds good to me I'll pass on the greens and the cheese the meat and some bread will do fine thank you sir. As for a name you can Call me Odilo if you wish. I don't suppose there might be a place I could clean up from the road before the meal is ready?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Dram »

Grillock- Damm Autocorrect on my phone :oops: Hello Yon my name is Grillock. I would like greens with dinner. Yes my friend Ollilo ;) needs some washing is there a bath available in town?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#12 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Grillock and Odilo eh? Interesting names to be sure. Again, I am Yon Jonson. My family and I are at your service.

We have several rooms available by the night that you could use to wash up in. Otherwise, there is a public washroom out back, right next to the outhouse.

The tall man shouts a few things through the kitchen doorway at the cook, then resumes his duties at the bar.

Anything else I can do for you gents?

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo "Well met Yon. How much would it run me for a room to cleanup and rest for the night?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Dram »

Grillock- Yon were looking for any info on the old mage tower. Do know anything about it. We talked to the lady who makes potions. She didn't know anything. I don't think she even knows how to make potions.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Our rooms are one gold per night with basic meals included. We have multiple occupancy choices.

Yon gives Grillock the :shock: face when he mentions the tower.

Why would you want to go out there? That place is haunted!!! Nobody goes there.

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo "I think I'll give you money enough for a room for myself and one for my friend here as well. As for the tower it is more a curiosity than a want to go there really. More or less I'd like to find a way to rid the area of the haunted tower." Odilo places 2 more gold down for the rooms. "Do i owe you any more for the meal and brandy?" the mage asks as he finishes his food and drink. "I think I might go find the tailor after i bathe and get myself some cleaner clothing."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#17 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yon smiles wide and scoops up the coins.

Very good sir! If you'd like, we can start a tab so you don't have to keep asking me how much each thing costs. As far as the old tower, I don't know anyone that would deliberately go out there so there ain't much I can tell you about it. Sorry.

When Odilo mentions the tailor, Yon pipes up again.

Oh yes, that would be my friend Jason. Jason the tailor. His place is right next door so he is a good friend and a steady customer as well.

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo "Very well and yes i understand the tower is more or less avoided by all. It does not surprise me too much it's former inhabitant I met a few times long ago and we differed on opinions and views often. I'd not have wanted him anywhere near a town like this myself." the mage smiles at the mention of the tab and the tailor "Ah a good friend and frequent customer very good perhaps I will meet him here later."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Dram »

Grillock- Eats his meal and finishes his mead. Hold his mug up to Yon. Yes we had heard it mentioned from some travelers we met a while back that there was a haunted tower near here. If it is haunted we shall rid you of this ghost. Do you know of anyone that has any knowledge of tower?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#20 Post by OGRE MAGE »

In all honesty, I can't think of one person in town who would know anything about it. My boys used to hunt out that way and could give you a general layout of the area but to my knowledge, nobody's been in the ruins since the tower fell.

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”