XI. Hunclay's Manor

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: XI. Hunclay's Manor

#261 Post by onlyme »

Fulp replies to the gnome,
Are ya worried she will fire us for not doing the job by fiddling around here? I think learning the motives and plans of the kobalds should be considered a prudent investigatory step. Let's wrap up searching through this place. I'd rather not have to come back to finish up, except maybe to find where that basement leads.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Storm11 »

"Not worried as such" says the robed gnome with a shrug, "It would be unwise to tackle those magically warded doors without atleast attempting to read their warnings! And then there is the matter if the demon to consider. More haste less speed so it is said!"
Greys Campaign.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan nods in agreement with the gnome. "This tower isn't going anywhere. We've found some useful items and enriched ourselves. We can continue to explore later, but those of us that depend heavily on ethereal powers or the magical arts have little left to give. We've made good progress today. We will make good progress tomorrow if prepared properly. Now, let's get that strange servant and get out of here."

Sylvan pockets the gold and two of the gems and heads back the way they came towards the servant.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#264 Post by Alethan »

Ciar adds his share of coins to his bag of gold, frowning at the added weight. He appears to be lost in thought for a moment, but then replies, "Sure, we're not at all done here, and, as Kass said, there's doors with scribbled warnings, doors with magical locks, hallways with cryptic writing, and a daemon in a pentagram in the basement. I'd rather focus on the kobolds in the quarry tomorrow and then take our time back here. One misstep with those magical wards or the daemon and it could be the end of us; better to take it slowly and not rush about."

"And if we're going to be fighting kobolds in the 'morrow, I definitely need another hit off that healing wand."

Ciar then indicates his readiness to leave. Having not dealt with the servant before, he leaves that to the others.

"I'm going to check on the birds and make sure they have enough food and water before we leave..."

Ciar leaves, presumably to head to the central room on the main level.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#265 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow follows Sylvan to go check on the servant.

If he still doesn't want to leave, then what?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan allows Ciar to leave the room first, whacking him on the butt with the healing wand.
To Sparrow, he responds first with a blank stare then words. "I hadn't thought that far ahead yet. I'm not so sure he's not bound to stay there by some spell. Maybe we can get the gnome to tell him this place is no longer structurally safe, and that it will be demolished."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#267 Post by Alethan »

AleBelly wrote:Sylvan allows Ciar to leave the room first, whacking him on the butt with the healing wand.
I... er... thanks?

Ciar raises an eyebrow at Sylvan, about to say something, when he realizes all of his aches and pains are mostly gone. "Aye, that just about did it. Thanks, Syl." Then he leaves the room to continue his actions.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Storm11 »

"You know we could try and trick the demon into banishing itself. I could make one of you look just like poor dead Hunclay, and if you move slowly and stay relatively still once you have stopped outside the circle I can hold the illusion and whomever it is might be able to trick some information out of the entity before getting it to planar travel itself home. Unless the protective glyphs are keeping it not only bound within the circle on this plane but also from escaping to its otherworldly lair." the gnome muses aloud.

"This trick might also work on the servant to get him to leave, of course I only have one such spell at the ready so we would need to choose which poor creature we were going to use it on if at all."
Last edited by Storm11 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by onlyme »

Fulp pockets his share of loot as well.
Very well, let us regroup for the day, then. I could use a few hours of rest myself to heal up from that bear swipe.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#270 Post by saalaria »

"Aye to the town for a rest it is."
Grim is certainly walking gingerly as he leaves the room.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#271 Post by dmw71 »

Ciar adds his share of coins to his bag of gold, frowning at the added weight. He appears to be lost in thought for a moment, but then replies, "Sure, we're not at all done here. There's doors with scribbled warnings, doors with magical locks, hallways with cryptic writing, and a daemon in a pentagram in the basement."

"I'd rather focus on the kobolds in the quarry tomorrow, and then take our time back here. One misstep with those magical wards or the daemon and it could be the end of us; better to take it slowly and not rush about."
After receiving another charge from the magical healing wand, the halfling indicates his readiness to leave.

---

"So, this here wizard was in league with Kobolds," Grim says after reading over the note Sparrow discovered. "I think the town deserve to be knowing what they is facin' here. Its only roight after all." he says. ""The baroness was clear, our mission was to head to the mine and clear out the kobolds at the beach wasn't it?" Kassal responds while pocketing his share of the treasure. "Are ya worried she will fire us for not doing the job by fiddling around here?" Fulp asks. "I think learning the motives and plans of the kobalds should be considered a prudent investigatory step, no?" he shares. "Let's wrap up searching through this place. I'd rather not have to come back to finish up, except maybe to find where that basement leads."

"Not worried as such"
Kassal responds with a shrug. "It would be unwise to tackle those magically warded doors without at least attempting to read their warnings! And then there is the matter if the demon to consider. More haste, less speed so it is said," which rings true to Sylvan, who nods in agreement with the gnome. "This tower isn't going anywhere. We've found some useful items and enriched ourselves. We can continue to explore later, but those of us that depend heavily on ethereal powers or the magical arts have little left to give. We've made good progress today. We will make good progress tomorrow if prepared properly. Now, let's get that strange servant and get out of here."

With that, Sylvan pockets his share of the gold and two of the gems and heads back the way they came towards the servant. Sparrow, trailing Sylvan, wonders aloud: "If he still doesn't want to leave, then what?" After a moment of consideration, the druid admits he hadn't thought that far ahead, and volunteers the possibility that the servant may actually be bound to the manor by magical means. "Maybe we can get the gnome to tell him this place is no longer structurally safe, and that it will be demolished." he offers. Not present the last time the servant was encountered, and not interested in trying to convince an unwilling person to leave his home, Ciar mentions that he is going to check on the birds. "To make sure they have enough food and water before we leave..." he says, leaving, presumably to head to the central room on the main level. Grim follows gingerly, hoping the encounter will be quick, as he longs for a night of rest and healing.

---

The group, less Ciar return to the servants room and, despite their best arguments, are unable to convince Mathezic to leave.

---

True to his word, the birds are well-fed when the group returns to meet up with Ciar. With everyone reunited, they return to the town for a well-earned night of rest.

Moving here: V. Town of Belhaim.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”