Welcome to "Bloodlines"

Rhourk
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Welcome to "Bloodlines"

#21 Post by Agnati »

Tungsten wrote:Chris I clicked on that link. I only have one question: What the hell was that link????
Not positive, but I think it was a Reddit thread
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Johnny Champion »

I shall be the conscience of the party. I will be a Chaotic Good Enchanter.

Name to follow unless Craig decides to give me a name instead.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Tungsten »

Goody Two Shoes comes to mind. :lol:

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Rhourk »

You can pick a name. Or if you would rather I did it that's fine too. Send me a PM or email with anything that you want in his background and I'll fit it in. I will start writing backgrounds tomorrow.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Rhourk »

So far we have the following classes with no duplicates. So if you see the class that you know you are playing, it's you.

Wizard
Warlock
Monk
Cleric
Thief
Barbarian

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Tungsten »

I'll be playing an eccentric Zamorian (sp?) Sailor who has seen more of Zamora than any exotic lands. (It would be just his luck if Zamora was landlocked. HA!) He is quick and agile like his Rapier.
His name is Zildjian.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:I'll be playing an eccentric Zamorian (sp?) Sailor who has seen more of Zamora than any exotic lands. (It would be just his luck if Zamora was landlocked. HA!) He is quick and agile like his Rapier.
His name is Zildjian.
It is landlocked, but the great Vilayet sea is just three provinces away on the other side of Turan. Turan is very friendly with Zamora, and there is robust trade between the two. Much trade to and from the far east comes through Turan, so there are ample opportunities for a nautical background.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Johnny Champion »

Name: Galius Capernum
Background: From Merchant Class, family business trade in herbs and special materials (magical if possible). Not interested in following into father's footsteps. If this is acceptable, I would continue a couple paragraph narrative. Give me some hooks, locations, towns, people, schools, roads that i could use that fit.
Father: Marcus
Languages: Up to DM. Are there different languages among humans? Maybe since I have traveled with my father, I may know another dialect or language (human) other than common.
Religion: Up to DM.
Alignment: CG
Class: Wizard (with hope to become an Enchanter)

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by Tungsten »

OOC: I really enjoyed all of the reading materials. I know it takes a lot to make a world (as Chis can attest to). It was nice seeing Chris at the Stones show last night too. (Same section 6 rows apart- small world) :)

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Agnati »

Tungsten wrote:OOC: I really enjoyed all of the reading materials. I know it takes a lot to make a world (as Chis can attest to). It was nice seeing Chris at the Stones show last night too. (Same section 6 rows apart- small world) :)
I heard that it was a great concert from the radio this morning. You guys enjoy it?
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Johnny Champion »

It was a great concert. Though George was only 20' from me, it would've been impossible to actually shake hands. It was very crowded.

I hope to read Craig's post shortly and let it affect my extremely, extremely, good looking wizard in interesting ways.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Rhourk »

Human Languages: (that you know of)

Common - This covers most of the Hyborian Kingoms, and it will serve as the basis of this discussion. It would be valid from a Stygian of Kushite point of view to call a southern language common, but for the sake of reference we shall elect the most centralized region as the common tongue. This is a bastardized version of the language of the Hyborian invaders that conquered Ancient Acheron generations past.

Southern Speech - Below the Great Kindom of Shem and the Eastern Desert the common tongue becomes less common and southern speech becomes the norm. This is the language of Stygia, spread through the region after centuries of conquest and strife.

Tribal Languages - Below Stygia, deep in their jungles live the black skinned tribes of the south. These kingdoms don't boast their own languages, instead they share a collection of hundreds of different dialects spread throughout the region. A language slot spent on Tribal Languages could help you in a dozen countries, and would certainly provide for rudimentary communication in any of the cities or more populated areas. In the deep jungles however, no one knows.

Vendhyan - The language of the Vendhyan Empire in the East, spoken by it's neighbors as well as her over 14 million inhabitants.

Khitain - The language of the Khitain empire, the exotic far eastern land of strange Gods, noble swordsman and masters of hand to hand combat.

Hyrkanian - The language of the Horselords and the clans of Hykania. This will dominate the languages of the open steps around their lands as well.

Turanian - The language of Turan, not particularly useful since so much trade goes through Turan the people there tend to speak several tongues and a translator is never hard to find.

Northern Speech - This covers he Kingdoms of Cimmeria, Asgard and Vanaheim. Not very useful as common dominates the area.

Iranistan - Language of Iranistan and the surrounding area.

Pict - the language of Pictland, restricted as they tend to kill anyone that enters their lands.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Rhourk »

Non Human Languages are standard. Except that you cannot take, elf, dwarf, Halfling, or gnome.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Rhourk »

Johnny Champion wrote:Name: Galius Capernum
Background: From Merchant Class, family business trade in herbs and special materials (magical if possible). Not interested in following into father's footsteps. If this is acceptable, I would continue a couple paragraph narrative. Give me some hooks, locations, towns, people, schools, roads that i could use that fit.
Languages: Up to DM. Are there different languages among humans? Maybe since I have traveled with my father, I may know another dialect or language (human) other than common.
The seventh son of a wealthy Nemedian in the capitol of Belverus. He made his money importing and selling wine, the family business. As he went on in years and became incredibly wealthy he began to seek more lucrative and exotic ventures. He began trading expensive and rare materials to shops and markets known to be frequented by mages, priests and apothecaries. Some of these items were simply expensive or hard to find, but he soon learned that there was even more money to be earned in the black emporium, an underground market where rumor has it, anything has a price. From there....

You pray to Ibis, the crane headed god of Knowledge, magic and protection.

Your background gives you the starting bonuses of +1 int and +1 Cha, and the magic gem crafting ability (full rules to follow).

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:
Johnny Champion wrote:Name: Galius Capernum
The seventh son of a wealthy Nemedian in the capitol of Belverus. He made his money importing and selling wine, the family business. As he went on in years and became incredibly wealthy he began to seek more lucrative and exotic ventures. He began trading expensive and rare materials to shops and markets known to be frequented by mages, priests and apothecaries. Some of these items were simply expensive or hard to find, but he soon learned that there was even more money to be earned in the black emporium, an underground market where rumor has it, anything has a price. From there....

You pray to Ibis, the crane headed god of Knowledge, magic and protection.

Your background gives you the starting bonuses of +1 int and +1 Cha, and the magic gem crafting ability (full rules to follow).
Should I add the starting bonuses? or are they already included in my base 80pts?

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Rhourk »

It will be 82 total after bonuses.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Tungsten »

If Turanian is not commonly spoken but is the language of true commerce and more importantly of WEALTH AND TREASURE -- then Zildjian is going to speak Turanian!!! I'm guessing it is what true merchants speak in back rooms, hidden in dark alleys, wandering along through bazaars and haggling on docks, yes?

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Rhourk »

In the central part of the world, and on the Vilayet Sea, certainly.

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”