Action Thread 1

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 1

#81 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - End of Round 1

Ogre cursing his luck is unable to hit one of the creatures. But Karraway, realizing what's going on, rushes forward holding forth the holy symbol of Pelor and calling upon the powers of his god [2d6] = 12 no more DM rolling :D from the opening to the room. Seven of the creatures still standing, move toward the door (which you can all now see) in the northern wall, in the north-east corner. I'll have to update the map. Two of the creatures, one on Elwita, and one on Ogre, continue their attacks, and the stench gets much worse.

Everyone in the room, and Karraway at the door, make a save vs. poison. I think only Dred, Kayen, and Phanstern are exempt from this save.

The creature on Ogre attacks with two claws and a bite [1d20] = 2 [1d20] = 20 [1d20] = 16 one of the claw-like hands hits, as does a bite. Ogre takes another [1d4] = 4 [1d8] = 7 11hps of damage. Please make another saving throw vs paralyzation.

The creature facing Elwita attacks similarly, [1d20] = 18 [1d20] = 16 [1d20] = 12 both claws hitting, but no bite for [1d4] = 3 [1d4] = 2 5hps of damage. Please make a saving thrown vs. paralyzation.

Ogre misses his second attack. Elwita is able to land a strong hit (9hps) but the creature continues to attack her.

Okay, everyone who doesn't fail a paralyzation saving throw can declare actions and make their attack and damage rolls. One person will need to roll initiative. It's a single attack round for the single classed fighters and ranger with their specialized weapon. The room is still crowded even with 7 creatures clumping against the back door. Also the two creatures continue their attacks on Elwita and Ogre.

HPs: Elwita - 46/54; Ogre - 7/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 42/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Lantern - (1 pint oil = 4 hours) 30' radius; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-4/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#82 Post by Alethan »

Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess is a bit surprised when her foe turns and walks away from their battle. Then the stench hits her.

[1d20] = 7 save vs poison

She involuntarily hurls what is left of her dinner on to the floor.

She turns to aid Ogre and waits for the melee to end before gently touching the big man.

[1d8] = 5 CLW

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Everyone in the room, and Karraway at the door, make a save vs. poison.
Failed (I needed a 6). Unmodified Saving Throw = [1d20] = 4
The creature facing Elwita attacks similarly, [1d20] = 18 [1d20] = 16 [1d20] = 12 both claws hitting, but no bite for [1d4] = 3 [1d4] = 2 5hps of damage.
Noted.
Please make a saving thrown vs. paralyzation.
Success (I needed an 11). Unmodified Saving Throw = [1d20] = 12
One person will need to roll initiative.
Freda rolled this for the group and scored a 5. [link]
Okay, everyone who doesn't fail a paralyzation saving throw can declare actions and make their attack and damage rolls.
Elwita, raked by this vile creature, attempts to extract some revenge against it... but sadly misses. To Hit (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#85 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett's save vs. poison:
Saving throw: [1d20] = 20
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Argennian »

Karraway feels the Power of Pelor surge through him and is relieved when he sees the undead flee. His relief is immediately replaced by a horrid stench that rolls over him. He steels himself against it...

Saving Throw vs Poison (need a 9 or better):
[1d20] = 11

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=2999

The cleric then releases his grip on his holy symbol, grabs his mace from his shield hand and quickly moves over to assist Ogre, purposely pushing himself between the burly fighter and the bloodthirsty undead, hoping to attract it's full attention so that his injured companion can safely withdrawl. He hurriedly swings his mace, albeit haphazardly...

To Hit with Footman's Mace:
[1d20] = 3

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3001
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by Computer +1 »

Ogre's save vs para:

[1d20] = 6

OOC - these rolls of mine suck. I am not happy.

Ogre will attempt to withdraw, if he is able, and will use his attack to parry any incoming attack.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - Round 2

While Freda, Eljayess, and Elwita start throwing up, Ogre cursing his luck starts to stiffen up, unmoving and unable to attack. Phanstern holds up his lantern to shed some more light into the room.

Making his save, Karraway is able to gain the attention of the creature attacking Ogre, allowing Eljayess the ability to touch Ogre, giving him a blessing from the gods. HPs updated below.

The creatures barely beat the party in initiative [1d6] = 6 though the larger group continues to move toward the door, and are having troubles opening it due to the crash of bodies trying to get away from Karraway.

The creature on Elwita attacks with two claws and a bite [1d20] = 15 [1d20] = 13 [1d20] = 9 one claw just barely getting through her defenses to barely scratch the hearty dwarf [1d4] = 1hp damage - but still, again, she feels her muscles start to tighten up as she attempts to fight it off. Another paralyzation save please.

The creature facing Karraway attacks with the same routine, : [1d20] = 13 [1d20] = 12 [1d20] = 7 but is unable to connect with any of it's attacks.

The party has worse luck, as Blodgett misses with his attack. As does Elwita and Karraway. If I missed an attack from Freda, someone please point me to it, otherwise she can still make an attack at -2 to hit.

Ogre is out of commission for now. But Round three is a double attack round for Elwita, not Freda because she's specialized in the bow. Though the creatures have three attacks, it's only one routine, so they'll attack on initiative. So someone please roll initiative. This won't matter for Elwita, as she will attack first in the round and then last, no matter what. But I think I still need an attack for Freda... though I could have missed it, either way, Round 2 isn't all the way over. Those who missed their poison save continue to throw up and have that -2 to hit.

HPs: Elwita - 45/54; Ogre - 12/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 42/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (4 hours) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:The creature on Elwita attacks with two claws and a bite [1d20] = 15 [1d20] = 13 [1d20] = 9 one claw just barely getting through her defenses to barely scratch the hearty dwarf [1d4] = 1hp damage - but still, again, she feels her muscles start to tighten up as she attempts to fight it off. Another paralyzation save please.
Elwita is more annoyed than anything when a mere scratch has her fighting off a very serious paralyzing affect. She allows herself a momentary sigh of relief after realizing she was able to fight off the affects successfully.

Success (I needed an 11). Unmodified Saving Throw = [1d20] = 12
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:So someone please roll initiative.

[ooc: Grrr!] Initiative Roll = [1d6] = 2
This won't matter for Elwita, as she will attack first in the round and then last, no matter what.

While thankful she was able to fight off the affects of the potential paralysis, Elwita isn't completely safe from the nasty affects of these creatures and begins retching from their vile stench.... throwing off her battle senses slightly.
To Hit (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15 (15 - 2 = 13)

[ooc: I suspect the above roll, after the modifier, is a miss. If not, her damage roll is: Damage: S/M (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d4+6] = 1+6 = 7.]

Assuming Elwita is able, she angrily swings her war hammer in the direction of the nearest foe, connecting most viciously.
To Hit (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20

Damage: Damage: S/M (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d4+6] = 4+6 = 10
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#91 Post by Alethan »

Freda's late attack roll:

To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 6

(... like it never happened.)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#92 Post by Alethan »

Attack roll for the new round:

To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 3

*le sigh*

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - Beginning of Round 3

Dang it! lost the whole post to the interwebs. Alright I'll get you through the middle of the round. The creatures had an initiative of 4. So Elwita attacks, the creatures attack, then I'll do Elwita and Freda's attacks. Then everyone else can pile on.

While Freda, Eljayess, and Elwita continue to throw up, causing difficulties in their abilities to hit their opponents, Ogre cursing is still unmoving and unable to attack. Elwita takes a mighty swing of her hammer which misses. But this seems to distract the creature intent on eating her, because it [1d20] = 14 [1d20] = 12 [1d20] = 7 also misses.

The creature on Karraway continues to harry the cleric. Using it's claws and bite it is able to Hit with both it's claws[1d20] = 19 [1d20] = 17 [1d20] = 13 for 8 hit points of damage[1d4] = 4 [1d4] = 4 and Karraway feels his muscles start to stiffen. Please make a save vs. paralyzation before you attack. The creatures in the back are able to, by pretty much tearing it to splinters, open the door and start filing out.

Freda waves her sword vaguely in the direction of one of the creatures but throws up at the most inopportune time and cannot connect. Elwita, on the other hand, gets off another great hit on her creature. Unfortunately, though large clumps of flesh fall off it's head and shoulders, it still keeps coming.

Karraway needs to make a save vs. paralyzation to attack. Blodgett, Delgath, Phanstern, Eljayess and Kayen can all take actions to end Round 3. Freda, Eljayess, Ogre, Elwita and Karraway are all in the room, there isn't room for anyone else except at the doorway. HPs have been updated below.

HPs: Elwita - 45/54; Ogre - 12/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 34/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (4 hours) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Argennian »

Karraway's eyes go wide as somehow the bloodthirsty undead menace gets past his defenses and lands two raking claw attacks upon him. He feels the deadly stiffness surge over him and attempts to steel himself against its onslaught...

Saving Throw vs Paralyzation (need a 9 or better):
[1d20] = 13

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3025

With the power and faith of his god pulling him through, the cleric swings his mace again at the deadly menace. "Pelor's Wrath upon you, devil from the grave!"

To Hit with Footman's mace:
[1d20] = 15

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3026

Damage vs small/medium creatures:
[1d6 +1] = 2+1 = 3

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3027
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by Computer +1 »

Between the vomiting and being frozen stiff Ogre is beyond enraged.
"ARRRRRRR I'LL KILL EVERYONE YOU GODDAMN SHITS ARGHHHHHHHH!H!H!H!!H!HH"
Vein bulging from his forehead, he strains and struggles to move.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess completes her spell, and with her holy symbol in her hand attempts to turn these vile creatures away from her struggling group.

[1d20] = 6 turn ghoul 10 or better (crap)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#97 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett again attacks with his short sword:

To hit: [1d20] = 2, damage short sword: [1d6] = 6 (medium opponent)

UGH!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#98 Post by dmw71 »

Simply trying to update the progress here:
rredmond wrote:
Karraway needs to make a save vs. paralyzation to attack.
Karraway was able to make his save and attacked successfully causing 3 points of damage.
rredmond wrote:Blodgett...can all take actions to end Round 3.
Blodgett swung with his short sword and missed.
rredmond wrote:Delgath...can all take actions to end Round 3.
Still need an action.
rredmond wrote:Phanstern...can all take actions to end Round 3.
Still need an action.
rredmond wrote:Eljayess...can all take actions to end Round 3.
Attempted to turn the remaining creatures unsuccessfully.
rredmond wrote:Kayen can all take actions to end Round 3.
Still need an action.

Delgath, Phanstern, and Kayen; can you call chime in with your intended actions?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Knight of Gondor
Runner
Runner

#99 Post by Knight of Gondor »

Delgath enters the room and using his quarterstaff attacks the creature that is in melee with Blodgert.

Okay, I know I will need to make a save vs. paralyzation and hopefully an attack roll...need help on how to do this.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by migellito »

Still holding the lantern. Nothing else this round.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”