Action Thread 1

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 1

#121 Post by Alethan »

"Time to regroup, and fast!" hisses Freda.

"Anyone who isn't injured, move to the perimeter of the room and make way for the clerics to tend the wounded. Let's also keep watch at the entrances and make sure none of those things come back. Kayen, you have that hallway we came from covered?"

Freda looks to collect the arrows she fired early in the melee, if possible, as she moves into the room to make way for the clerics.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess tends to Ogre, looking to staunch any bleeding while he is frozen in place. At this point she administers first aid only.

"Don't worry big guy, we'll get you moving again."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#123 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Anyone who isn't injured, move to the perimeter of the room and make way for the clerics to tend the wounded. Let's also keep watch at the entrances and make sure none of those things come back."
Elwita, while she's taken some damage, begins rummaging through the rubble of the room, allowing those that are able to focus their attention on Ogre and Karraway.

Elwita grunts, "Aye. How 'bout a hand. Don't make me search this place by m'self."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#124 Post by ToniXX »

dmw71 wrote:Elwita grunts, "Aye. How 'bout a hand. Don't make me search this place by m'self."
Blodgett helps Elwita search through the rubble.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Llama
Runner
Runner

#125 Post by Llama »

Kayen looks into the room and is noticeably startled by the sight of his fellow adventurers frozen in place. He finally whispers, "This hallway is clear for the moment," before leaning around the corner to resume his watch.
Kayen Telva - 4 Fighter/4 Magic User - Slaves Pits of the Undercity

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#126 Post by migellito »

Phanstern goes into the room. He looks up, all around, trying to see if there might be an exit up above the collapsed ceiling. "Be careful when checking those bodies for valuables. Don't get infected."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Argennian »

Unable to move, speak or communicate in any way with his companions, Karraway steels himself against the onslaught of fear that attempts to permiate his rigid frame. He tries to breath more calm and steadily, mentally reassuring himself that the paralysis from the undead's touch should only be temporary. He is thankful that Eljayess was not paralyzed and that she will be there if any other undead or evil befalls the party whilst he is in this pitiful, immobile state.

Karraway remembers his faith and seeks to find strength and resolve within. Whilst he can do nothing more than wait, he thinks a silent prayer to his deity.

"Great Pelor, Bringer of Light and Champion of Truth, please forgive your humble servant his weakness and despair. I again promise and commit my faith to Your Plan and will reassert thine wishes and glory when given the very next chance. I pray that in your Great Mercy, you watch over my companions and keep them safe until such time as I may humbly do so in Your Stead. I will, without fail or pause, give my life to complete our mission, for I am now more certain than ever that it would be to Your Will and Grace. Hear my calling, Mighty Pelor and command thine servant as you will. Grant me the chance for redemption and allow me to bring Your Glory and Power down upon the evils that hold station in this wicked place. Allow me another chance to smite this evil back to the abyss and forever display The Light to those that need it most. Great and most Mighty Pelor, hear my prayer!!"

OOC: well, gotta do something, dagnabit! :roll:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - Round 5

Everyone starts to hustle and bustle about as Phanstern's lantern lights up the whole area. As Eljayess tends to Ogre she sees that he is starting to regain some control of his faculties just as some flatulence is expelled. Karraway breaks a sweat in apparent concentration of otherworldy things.

The room is 15' east to west and 20' north to south. The door on the north wall is pretty much gone, as is the door behind you. The floor is littered with junk, most of it too small to be of any use. But the ceiling is gone, except for about 5' or less all the way around. Looking up you can see its the remains of a ruined room. So ruined it has no floor (except for the aforementioned 5' around the walls) and the ceiling is collapsed, or shortened above, so it's only 5' from what's left of that floor (your ceiling).

After the noise of the battle it's pretty quiet. But nothing is heard from the northern door. And nothing is seen or heard from the southern.

HPs: Elwita - 41/54; Ogre - 12/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 55 minutes) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#129 Post by migellito »

"Someone agile should take a look at the ledge of remaining floor surrounding the room up above."

How tall is the room we're in? I.e., how far up to the surrounding 5' lip of ceiling?

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#130 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett says 'I'll take a look if someone can boost me up there'

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by rredmond »

migellito wrote:"Someone agile should take a look at the ledge of remaining floor surrounding the room up above."

How tall is the room we're in? I.e., how far up to the surrounding 5' lip of ceiling?
Only 10' up. It looks somewhat sturdy... and you know that it held 10 of those loathsome creatures.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - Round 5

Blodgett is able to climb up Karraway and gets to the ledge. He rumbles around scattering some bones onto the floor and...

PM sent.

Meanwhile Ogre is back to normal and Karraway starts to stir.

HPs: Elwita - 41/54; Ogre - 12/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 40 minutes) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#133 Post by Computer +1 »

Ogre mutters a stream of curses and angry remarks while checking over his armor and equiptment. He does his best to make sure everything is functioning after the beating he has taken.

Visably shaken as he sees the leftover damage and blood, Ogre moves against the wall and sits down taking a deep drink from his waterskin.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#134 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote: Blodgett is able to climb up Karraway and gets to the ledge. He rumbles around scattering some bones onto the floor and...

PM sent.
Blodgett climbs back down with his findings: six gems, 2 blue potions and a red potion He says the the magic-using members of the party 'what do you all make of these potions?'

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by Nuke66 »

As the feeling and movement returns to Ogre, the medic ceases her ministrations. "You should feel back up to 100% soon."

"I say that's a nice find, but I can't really help figure out what you have found Blodgett."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:... Meanwhile Ogre is back to normal and Karraway starts to stir.
Karraway breaks his meditations with Pelor as he senses the undead's paralysis begin to subside. He listens carefully to what his companions are saying and doing so that he wont hold them up when he recovers and can move on his own again.

As soon as he's able, Karraway will call out to someone to help him sit up with his back to the wall or get to his feet if he's able.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#137 Post by migellito »

ToniXX wrote:
rredmond wrote: Blodgett is able to climb up Karraway and gets to the ledge. He rumbles around scattering some bones onto the floor and...

PM sent.
Blodgett climbs back down with his findings: six gems, 2 blue potions and a red potion He says the the magic-using members of the party 'what do you all make of these potions?'
Phanstern strokes his beard. "Hmm.. I suppose someone will have to try a sip of them?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#138 Post by Alethan »

migellito wrote:
ToniXX wrote:

PM sent.
Phanstern strokes his beard. "Hmm.. I suppose someone will have to try a sip of them?"
"I know this might sound horrible, but... try giving a sip of one of the blue potions to one of the wounded (one of the slightly wounded, not one of the severely wounded). The only kind of potion I've ever found multiples of at once is a Potion of Healing..."

Freda shrugs. "It's better logic than nothing, right?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by Computer +1 »

Ogre sits up a bit.

I'm thirsty and hungry, so long as someone gives be a bit to eat I'll drink that shit. I'm half dead anyway.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#140 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote: "I know this might sound horrible, but... try giving a sip of one of the blue potions to one of the wounded (one of the slightly wounded, not one of the severely wounded). The only kind of potion I've ever found multiples of at once is a Potion of Healing..."

Freda shrugs. "It's better logic than nothing, right?"
Blodgett nods and holds up one of the blue potions and offers it to whomever is injured and willing to give it a try.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”