Action Thread 1

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 1

#101 Post by dmw71 »

Knight of Gondor wrote:Delgath enters the room and using his quarterstaff attacks the creature that is in melee with Blodgert.

Okay, I know I will need to make a save vs. paralyzation and hopefully an attack roll...need help on how to do this.
Actually, per the following, I don't think it's possible to enter the room.
rredmond wrote: Freda, Eljayess, Ogre, Elwita and Karraway are all in the room, there isn't room for anyone else except at the doorway.
That said, my understanding is that there are a bunch of baddies at the door so, with a quarter staff, I'm guessing you'll have a decent opportunity to attack and, in the spirit of progress, should probably go ahead and make your attack and damage rolls. Ultimately, the DM will need to rule on whether or not an attack is possible, but it's better to have the roll made ahead of time than to not have it and need it later.

As for conducting rolls, you will need to use the 'Unseen Servant Dice Roller' which is a separate webpage. I've linked to it in the previous sentence, but you can also access it by clicking on the 'Go to the Unseen Servant Dice Roller' image in the upper right-hand corner of this forum page.

On this Dice Roller page, your first step should probably be to click on the 'My Characters' link. There, click the 'Create a new Character' link and enter your character name (e.g. Dread Delgath) and the Campaign ID (57).

Once you have your new character, click on the 'Macros' icon. Next, you'll want to 'Create a new macro for this character' (and you may want to create several of these). For instance, I have a macro created to roll for initiative. In the 'Macro text' field, enter the following:

...........Initiative Roll = [1d6]

Click the 'Aye' button to save it.

To create a macro for an unmodified attack roll (d20), you could simply create a second macro by putting the following in the 'Macro text' field:

...........Unmodified Attack Roll = [1d20]

Again, click the 'Aye' button to save it.

You can enter whatever you want for a 'Description,' but don't have to. I think it was Alethan, whom is running Freda, that has a list of useful macros somewhere which I borrowed from. I'm sure he, or anyone else, would be willing to help you further if you need help.

Once you've created a macro, you click on the golden d20 to the left of the macro name on your characters Macro page to actually perform that particular roll.

There will be instructions on the results page which will tell you how you can copy the roll results in the form of a link that you can paste into the forum thread (back here on this website) as documented proof of your roll.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you need additional clarification over any step and I can try to put together a document with screen prints to illustrate the process. It's all pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Llama
Runner
Runner

#102 Post by Llama »

Kayen is keeping watch down the hall outside the door, and trying to listen to the happenings in the room to determine if he's needed.
Kayen Telva - 4 Fighter/4 Magic User - Slaves Pits of the Undercity

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - Round 3

Okay let's do this and we'll see if we need Delgath's to hit roll.

While Phanstern holds his lantern high, and Kayen ensures no one is coming up from behind, Delgath moves to the door to attack.

Eljayess is unable to fully call upon the divine powers to turn these creatures as the other creatures are completely out of the room at this point.

Blodgett is unable to connect with his short sword, and Karraway is able to hit the one facing him for 3hps of damage.

While the creature facing Elwita looks more the worse for wear, the creature in front of Karraway looks fresh, in a rotting flesh sort of way, and ready to go.

If Delgath wants to attack from the door he can at this point - actually he can roll two to hit rolls, and damage rolls - the first for round 3 and the second for round 4. We'll start preparations for Round 4 - someone roll initiative, and then all can state actions and roll for those actions. Let's say if we don't have all actions by Thursday morning (?) I'll move us forward. If we have them before then, I'll try and do it quicker.

HPs: Elwita - 45/54; Ogre - 12/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 34/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (4 hours) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#104 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote: We'll start preparations for Round 4 - someone roll initiative, and then all can state actions and roll for those actions.
Sonofa....
Initiative Roll = [1d6] = 1
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#105 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote: We'll start preparations for Round 4 - someone roll initiative, and then all can state actions and roll for those actions.
Elwita, angered that her foe is still standing after absorbing a crushing blow from her, is determined to finish it of... and almost certainly has done so (assuming she doesn't get hit and paralyzed first).

To Hit (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24

Damage: S/M (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d4+6] = 2+6 = 8

She looks forward to more bashing next round (ooc: round 5) when she's capable of two attacks! (ooc: and may her extremely fortunate attack rolls so far continue!)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess gives up on any more divine actions and reverts to brute force. Stabbing at any of the monstrosities attacking Ogre.

[1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18 to hit rd 4
[1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6 damage

She grunts with zest as she twists her spear as it goes in.

Knight of Gondor
Runner
Runner

#107 Post by Knight of Gondor »

Round 3 Delgath steps into the doorway and seeing his halfling companion fighting a foul beast of the underworld attempts to jab the monster...

Attack with Staff [1d20] = 8

Damage from Staff [1d6] = 2

Round 4 Delgath swings again...

Attack with Staff [1d20] = 11

Damage from Staff [1d6] = 4

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - Beginning of Round 4

End of Round 3 - Delgath pokes in his staff and misses the creature.

Start of round 4.

Creature's initiative [1d6] = 4

Continuing their hungry attacks on Elwita and Karraway the creatures ignore the others trying to attack them.

Elwita is [1d20] = 19 [1d20] = 17 [1d20] = 13 hit by both the creature's claw like fingernails for [1d4] = 2 [1d4] = 2 4hps of damage. Elwita must make a save vs paralyzation for her attacks to count.

Meanwhile the creature on Karraway [1d20] = 15 [1d20] = 13 [1d20] = 9 hits with one claw for [1d4] = 3 3hps damage. Karraway also must make a save vs paralyzation to attack.

Eljayess is able to poke the spear into the creature that was formerly in front of Ogre (now in front of Karraway) with a vicious twist causing damage, though not slowing the creature down much. Delgath, not used to being a front line kind of guy, waves the staff again missing its mark.

To end Round 4: Once Elwita makes her saves, her attacks will go into effect. Karraway needs to save and attack (if able). Then Freda and Blodgett can attack as well. I'm going to assume that Phanstern and Kayen are still protecting the rear. Eljayess has already attacked this round, as has Dread. Ogre is still immobilised.

HPs: Elwita - 41/54; Ogre - 12/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (4 hours) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#109 Post by Alethan »

Freda's attack for when appropriate:
To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 12
(Hits AC5)
Damage, Long Sword (S/M) [1d8] = 7
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#110 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Elwita is [1d20] = 19 [1d20] = 17 [1d20] = 13 hit by both the creature's claw like fingernails for [1d4] = 2 [1d4] = 2 4hps of damage. Elwita must make a save vs paralyzation for her attacks to count.
The persistent raking of claws is only starting to enrage Elwita more, and this determination allows her to successfully fight off any affects of paralysis.

Paralysis Save (Needs 11) = [1d20] = 13

Her previously rolled attack (ooc: 24) and damage (ooc: 8) rolls for this round will thankfully count and should finish off the beast she's been engaged in battle with.
Elwita wrote:To Hit (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24

ooc: Once Elwita is freed from her attacker, how many of these things are left, and which are closest to her? I'd like to mentally formulate a plan for her two attacks next round.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by rredmond »

Elwita does dispatch the creature, crushing it's decrepit skull, it falls to the floor unmoving.

The other creatures have left the room, there is but one left. It's back is to Ogre, it's front is to Karraway, and they are a wee bit north of the door in the room. You and Eljayess are north of them, Delgath (being in the doorway) is a bit south and behind Karraway.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#112 Post by ToniXX »

Blodget continues his attack on the remaining vile beast:

To hit: [1d20] = 19, damage short sword: [1d6] = 6 (medium opponent)

The wily halfling relishes in the sound and feel of a solid hit!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:...Meanwhile the creature on Karraway [1d20] = 15 [1d20] = 13 [1d20] = 9 hits with one claw for [1d4] = 3 3hps damage. Karraway also must make a save vs paralyzation to attack.
Karraway again feels the persistent creature get past his armored defenses and feels the stiffness of the foul undead's touch assail his essence...

Save vs Poison (needs a 9 or better):
[1d20] = 6

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3151

"No!" is all that escapes his lips as he stiffens and falls backward in a crash of armor upon the floor of the room!

OOC: Oh, bleep! :shock:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#114 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:"No!" is all that escapes his lips as he stiffens and falls backward in a crash of armor upon the floor of the room!
Elwita sees a second companion fall still.

"Ah. Yer gunna pay fer that!" she mutters in the general direction of the last remaining foe.

Instinctively, she tries to position herself between the the ghoul and her fallen comrades; hammer ready to issue multiple strikes against this nasty adversary.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - Round 5

Freda misses, though Blodgett is able to score some damage. But Karraway also stiffens like Ogre - taking two of your companions out of the fight.

The creature continues to attack though, unphased and unrelenting, as does the party.

Elwita attacks first and last this round. Everyone else will act on initiative, so I'll need someone to roll initiative. Everyone except for Ogre and Karraway can state their actions and make their rolls - as long as you don't get paralyzed you should be able to get off your attack.

HPs: Elwita - 41/54; Ogre - 12/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#116 Post by Alethan »

Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#117 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Elwita attacks first and last this round.
Elwita wastes no time landing a quick strike, sending her hammer crashing down on the last of the vile creatures.

To Hit (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24 (edit to-hit roll: 24 -2 = 22 (penalty for losing my lunch))

[ooc: I cannot believe the string of good luck I've had on attack rolls... geez. I'll just have to stop rolling for initiative because I've been terrible in that department.]

If still needed (and assuming she's not paralyzed), Elwita swings her hammer around for a second time, (most likely) connecting yet again.

To Hit (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d20+4] = 14+4 = 18 (edit to-hit roll: 18 -2 = 16 (same penalty applies))

Damage: S/M (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d4+6] = 4+6 = 10

[ooc:] The luck continues.

Elwita growls: "I told ye, ye was going to pay!"
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#118 Post by ToniXX »

Blodget swings again, bolstered by his last hit and the excellent show by Elwita:

To hit: [1d20] = 12, damage short sword: [1d6] = 3 (medium opponent)

meh
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - Round 5

Sorry again gents.

Elwita get's off her vicious hammer attack, knocking the creature back a bit, but it's still coming on!

Creature's initiative [1d6] = 2

Though Blodgett and Eljayess attempt to attack the creature, it's the ranger that scores the blow that puts it down. Though the stench is bad, it lessens to the point where those who are throwing up are able to now tolerate it.

Ogre and Karraway appear to unfortunately still be frozen in place.

As for the other creatures, you don't even hear their weird creepy voices any more.

That door at the northern wall is completely splintered open.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”