[Elwita]
[Freda]
[Ogre]
[Ejayess]
[Phanstern]
[Dread]
[Kayen]
[Karraway]

Notes: I tried to maintain our original arrangement, keeping our halfling thief in front, followed by Elwita and Freda. There is also the understanding that, should an enemy approach us from the front, Blodgett and Elwita will kneel (or otherwise lower themselves) enabling Freda to fire arrows above their heads. Elwita can also fire her heavy crossbow from a kneeling position. Ogre will continue to follow. Without knowing the stats for the new characters, I assume that our new fighter/cleric combination would have better fighting capabilities and listed them next. Our illusionist and pure magic-user will fall into the middle, with our new fighter/magic-user and Karraway offering our rear protection.

10' Wide Corridor
<- [Blodgett] ->
[Elwita] <> [Ogre]
[Freda] <> [Ejayess]
[Phanstern] <> [Dread]
[Kayen] <> [Karraway]

Notes: Blodgett continues to stand in front, allowing him to perform his stealthy tasks. Our pure fighters (Elwita and Ogre) would be side-by-side behind Blodgett. Freda will still stand behind Elwita preserving our ranged attack plan. Sliding in behind Ogre will be Ejayess, our new cleric/figher. Our two spell casters (Dread and Phanstern) will form a line in the second-to-last rank, with Kayen joining Karraway offering our rear protection.

Any objections?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Standing Orders

#23 Post by Computer +1 »

These marching orders look in order.

Llama
Runner
Runner

#24 Post by Llama »

Hey, I'm playing Kayen, the new Fighter/Magic User - glad to be here!

Kayen is comfortable with his spot in the marching order. He believes his spells will protect the party if they are approached from the rear, and is willing to trust his elfin chain if necessary. He realizes he will be away from the small minute-to-minute decisions made as the party progresses, so occupies his time looking over his shoulder and composing a mental map as they progress.
Kayen Telva - 4 Fighter/4 Magic User - Slaves Pits of the Undercity

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#25 Post by Alethan »

Llama wrote:Hey, I'm playing Kayen, the new Fighter/Magic User - glad to be here!

Kayen is comfortable with his spot in the marching order. He believes his spells will protect the party if they are approached from the rear, and is willing to trust his elfin chain if necessary. He realizes he will be away from the small minute-to-minute decisions made as the party progresses, so occupies his time looking over his shoulder and composing a mental map as they progress.
Kayen is a fiery little elf!

(Welcome to the group, Llama!)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#26 Post by dmw71 »

I want to also add that, as the party is of considerable size and moving cautiously throughout, characters whose class and/or race would support it, should take the time to inspect the floors, walls, ceilings, etc... for traps and/or secret doors.

I know, as a dwarf, Elwita will be paying particular attention to changes in any stonework (unless, of course, the entire structure is made of wood).

Freda, as a ranger, would be on alert for any footprints or other tracks which might be detectable.

Eljayess and Kayen, our half and full elves respectively, will also be on heightened secret door detection duties.

Other characters may be doing the same, but the above actions seemed like natural actions those particular characters would be taking and I wanted to formally declare those intentions.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Computer +1 »

As a human fighter with low charisma, I will inspect the backsides of the females.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#28 Post by dmw71 »

Computer +1 wrote:As a human fighter with low charisma, I will inspect the backsides of the females.
LOL... just be careful to not let Elwita catch you ogling her. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#29 Post by dmw71 »

Party Roster
Blodgett Thief AC: 3 HP: 16/25
Dread [D] Magic User AC: 6 HP: 25/25
Eljayess [Ej] Fighter/Cleric AC: 2 HP: 16/25
Elwita [Ew] Fighter AC: 1 HP: 33/50
Freda [F] Ranger AC: -2 HP: 39/40
Kayen [K] Fighter/M-U AC: 2 HP: 25/25
Ogre [O] Fighter AC: 1 HP: 17/45
Phanstern [P] Illusionist AC: 6 HP: 25/25

Revised Marching Order
I'm proposing the following updated marching order. In both scenarios, Blodgett will still be called upon to check for traps and perform other stealthy duties on occassion, but when the party is simply marching together as a group, he's safter relegated in the middle of the pack given his current health. We also need to protect our cleric.

5'
[Ewita]
[Freda]
[Ogre]
[Blodgett]
[Eljayess]
[Dread]
[Phanstern]
[Kayen]

10'
[Ew] <> [F]
[O] <>
[Ejs] <> [D]
[P] <> [K]

Objections? Thoughts?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#30 Post by Alethan »

Only that Freda's AC might not be accurate. I believe her new gloves will give her AC another tic down when dexterity is accounted for.

:D

Oh, and that we need to get some heals on Blogett and Eljay. Any more of those potions hanging about?

(Please don't tell me Karraway had them on his person...)

Regarding the order, though, I think that's a good idea. Freda can't hit shite with her sword, but her great AC and good HP makes her an obvious choice for a front line fighter.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#31 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Only that Freda's AC might not be accurate. I believe her new gloves will give her AC another tic down when dexterity is accounted for.
Nice!
Alethan wrote:Oh, and that we need to get some heals on Blogett and Eljay. Any more of those potions hanging about? (Please don't tell me Karraway had them on his person...)
We should have one potion of healing left, currently carried by Blodgett. We also have unidentified red and white potions.
Alethan wrote:Regarding the order, though, I think that's a good idea. Freda can't hit shite with her sword, but her great AC and good HP makes her an obvious choice for a front line fighter.
I don't think I've ever been in a party with a front line of two female characters.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#32 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:Regarding the order, though, I think that's a good idea. Freda can't hit shite with her sword, but her great AC and good HP makes her an obvious choice for a front line fighter.
I don't think I've ever been in a party with a front line of two female characters.
New times, brother. New times. :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote: New times, sister. New times. :)
There, fixed it for you. ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:
LOL
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#35 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
lol.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”